Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Costco Whey Protein

today i was in costco when i came across this gigantic pouch of whey protein mix,
    it was sold for 25$ and had 27 grams of protein per scoop,just wonderin, would this be just as good as the gnc brand?

POPPERSTRIKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) POPPERSTRIKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) POPPERSTRIKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) POPPERSTRIKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) POPPERSTRIKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) POPPERSTRIKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Falloftroy View Post
    today i was in costco when i came across this gigantic pouch of whey protein mix,
    it was sold for 25$ and had 27 grams of protein per scoop,just wonderin, would this be just as good as the gnc brand?
    yes, the costco whey protein is equivalent to the EAS whey protein brand... ON and EAS are very great protein companies

ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think the worse you could expect is:

does not mix well
    flavor not that good
    carbs as in any concentrate whey

if you are on a budget give it a try.

I buy costco's fish oil and they're ok

richardson23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how many servings did it have in the bag?

Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Falloftroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

servings

i think it was about 90

adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I buy this and I actually like it. Its not the greatest in a shaker and you can tell there is definately soy in it, but it tastes all right. Plus for ~80 servings of 27 grams of protein each, 26 bucks ain't bad.
    Hits all the buttons in elevators crew
    Farts in crowded elevators crew

Cubs/Bears/Illini/Hawks

whitemdx03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Falloftroy View Post
    http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn.../200706/?pg=41

Is this the protein you're talking about? I saw this at my Costco recently and wondering if it was any good? I am a new and looking for protein powder to fill in the 10 am & 3 pm meals at work. I was gonna buy ON 100% whey and would like ot know if the EAS shown in the above link is comparable since I would like to get it locally, for cheap. It was 26.99 + tax for a 10 lbs bag. I forgot how many servings though.

Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ace28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by whitemdx03 View Post
    http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn.../200706/?pg=41

Is this the protein you're talking about? I saw this at my Costco recently and wondering if it was any good? I am a new and looking for protein powder to fill in the 10 am & 3 pm meals at work. I was gonna buy ON 100% whey and would like ot know if the EAS shown in the above link is comparable since I would like to get it locally, for cheap. It was 26.99 + tax for a 10 lbs bag. I forgot how many servings though.

wowowowowow, lol, where did you see the Eas 10lb bag for 26.99???? I get the 6 lb bag at Sams for 24 of Eas's 100% Whey, tastes just fine and mixes fine. I buy 1 Vanilla and 1 Chocalate, i prefer to mix the Vanilla post workout with my dextrose as i find it tastes much better than the chocolate with dextrose. But i prefer the Chocolate with milk before bed.

maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i used to buy the EAS blend from Costco. tasted bad, but then again most EAS whey products do. its a great value if you dont mind the taste (never tried it with water, i imagine it being 20x worse). it mixes alright in any normal shaker. i still buy Dymatize Elite from BB.com though.

StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just got eas vanilla and I like it! tastes great imo

fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightu4food has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by POPPERSTRIKE View Post
    yes, the costco whey protein is equivalent to the EAS whey protein brand... ON and EAS are very great protein companies
    VERY GREAT are strong words, and IMHO the wrong ones for description here. CHEAP and CONVENIENT fit much better. If you are looking for 'whole body' improvement WHOLE food wins hands down. Also, cheap protein is generally not a high quality product, and there are some much better ones out there. The market place generally ( not counting the snake oil salesmen ) insures you get what you pay for.
    "Sell the kids for food" K.Cobain

Currently Getting Back into a routine after a 2 month break

Scivation Extend
    Fish Oils
    Multivitamin
    Healthy Food

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ramirogz View Post

does not mix well
    flavor not that good

^^^^

Well said
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hate that EAS stuff. EWW!

I buy Sportpharma Strawberry 5lb (73 servings) for $25 online now. Stuff tastes pretty awesome too for being so cheap.

yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i just bought a bag, but at sams. if u can try to get it there instead.

ive heard the costco one has soy protein in it, whereas the sams version has only whey conc. and iso. so its a bit better quality and its still about 25 i believe
    Support our Troops

themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ramirogz View Post

does not mix well
    flavor not that good

How do you figure costco fish oil is "ok"

I mean It seems to be of quality and has the enetric(sp?) coating...It's molecularly distilled. What about it could be sub par?They do have a few different versions of their fish oil. One being much more concentrated then the other. I just take 3 instead of 2 cause it boosts the total Omega's to the nordic ones I was taking before.

I used to only take Nordic Natural but hell if I can tell the difference.

chasn w8t's like its pu$y Jamps's Avatar
    Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ace28 View Post
    wowowowowow, lol, where did you see the Eas 10lb bag for 26.99???? I get the 6 lb bag at Sams for 24 of Eas's 100% Whey, tastes just fine and mixes fine. I buy 1 Vanilla and 1 Chocalate, i prefer to mix the Vanilla post workout with my dextrose as i find it tastes much better than the chocolate with dextrose. But i prefer the Chocolate with milk before bed.
    Hey I kind of do the same thing. For pre/post i use Nectar and for bed i use Casein w/ chocolate mix. But im about to get this one since im on a college student budget . Hey you should consider adding 1 or 1/2 a banana and peanut butter and maybe pecans. I do that pretty much every night.... I think im just gonna get the vanilla one so that i can mix it with my pre/post and just add cocoa to my bed shake....and maybe even splenda it up if the taste is that bad but i doubt it is worse than straight casein.
    PimPin Iron ain't easy, but i do it though...1 plate at a time. So watch how i Get'er done in my workout journal: http://tinyurl.com/

[][][]=\\=(>_<)=//=[][][]
    ................|
    .............../ \

chasn w8t's like its pu$y Jamps's Avatar
    Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yoyohomieg5432 View Post
    i just bought a bag, but at sams. if u can try to get it there instead.

ive heard the costco one has soy protein in it, whereas the sams version has only whey conc. and iso. so its a bit better quality and its still about 25 i believe
    Does soy protein bother you that much? I use to (stopped last week cuz i ran out of supply) drink soy milk all the time since regular milk kicks my ass and have yet to notice any problems with it.....

anyone read that long ass soy protein thread? if so, then what was the conclusion or the overall consensus? i was busy with school work at the time so i couldn't get a chance to read it. I believe it was started by that HalleluYAH guy...
    PimPin Iron ain't easy, but i do it though...1 plate at a time. So watch how i Get'er done in my workout journal: http://tinyurl.com/

[][][]=\\=(>_<)=//=[][][]
    ................|
    .............../ \

RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not sure if the labeling is correct on that brand. It comes with a 50cc scoop and says that one scoop is then = 17 total grams. Yet a 60cc scoop is = 32 total grams? It doesn't add up.. hmm..
    Kyle Hannah
    **SPONSORED BY CONTROLLED LABS**

Why settle for less than your absolute Best!

Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g View Post
    ^^^^

Well said
    Does quoting somebody give you a loophole through the new rules (serious).
    Currently: Attending BB.com School of Medicine.
    Retired From BB.com
    --NRC--

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Xc View Post
    Does quoting somebody give you a loophole through the new rules (serious).
    How would that have even broken the rules?

Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ZacharyMills View Post
    How would that have even broken the rules?
    He agreed that another companies protien would not taste great, not mix well etc.

Petty I know, but alot of posts like that posted by other company reps have been deleted.
    Retired From BB.com
    --NRC--

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    He agreed that another companies protien would not taste great, not mix well etc.

Petty I know, but alot of posts like that posted by other company reps have been deleted.
    No...reread the post he quoted. The person he quoted claimed that with a new protein choice, those are the worst possible things that can happen.

Originally Posted by ZacharyMills View Post
    No...reread the post he quoted. The person he quoted claimed that with a new protein choice, those are the worst possible things that can happen.
    Maybe it's just well worded

However me question still applies (even if it may not apply here). If a rep quotes another member's post and supports it, is the rep's post treated like the rep said what was quoted.
    Retired From BB.com
    --NRC--

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    However me question still applies (even if it may not apply here). If a rep quotes another member's post and supports it, is the rep's post treated like the rep said what was quoted.
    You can ask here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3608231

Clean Bulking for 6 Month jwong512's Avatar
    jwong512 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There was one thing I was wondering about this. Since it's a mixture of Casein, Whey, and Soy should I take it the night on the day before I workout or the morning on the day that I workout? Also should I just take this on lifting days or should I take it everyday?

Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As others have said, that protein has soy in it, quite a bit in fact. Soy boosts estrogen levels, and thus is NOT a protein that males should consume, even in small quantities. Consuming that much soy in your diet will most likely lead to b**** tits, soft abdominal fat, and other side effects of the ever so hated estrogen hormone. I would avoid it.

xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xologist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol I bet it comes five 10lb chocolate protein shakes for $20.99 lol

themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Meticulous View Post
    As others have said, that protein has soy in it, quite a bit in fact. Soy boosts estrogen levels, and thus is NOT a protein that males should consume, even in small quantities. Consuming that much soy in your diet will most likely lead to b**** tits, soft abdominal fat, and other side effects of the ever so hated estrogen hormone. I would avoid it.
    Do some educated research, at least within this board before spouting off hyperbole about the "effects" of soy.

There have been many threads on this recently and people who 'heard' this are perpetuating unnecessary fear.

AT THE LEAST saying Soy would cause gyno to any effect is a flat out lie.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...&highlight=soy

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...&highlight=soy

I dont even have the energy to post all the links that put at least enough doubt on said effects to make saying something you said irresponsible
    Last edited by themills; 07-19-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Clean Bulking for 6 Month jwong512's Avatar
    jwong512 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I looked at the back of the bag and it says the most if has is casein, second was soy, and last was whey. Judging by that would this be considered mostly casein and that I should drink it the night before I workout since casein takes time to break down.

Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by themills View Post
    Do some educated research, at least within this board before spouting off hyperbole about the "effects" of soy.

There have been many threads on this recently and people who 'heard' this are perpetuating unnecessary fear.

AT THE LEAST saying Soy would cause gyno to any effect is a flat out lie.

read this mills.....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_9.htm