Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meticulous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suppose the soy protein topic is one in dispute. Not intending to piss anybody off about how they feel about it, just saying what I have read and been told.

themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jwong512 View Post
    I looked at the back of the bag and it says the most if has is casein, second was soy, and last was whey. Judging by that would this be considered mostly casein and that I should drink it the night before I workout since casein takes time to break down.
    your looking at the chart, not the ingredient list which lists whey first.

Originally Posted by Meticulous View Post
    Sigh... You just posted on article from BB.com I get it.

You dont think I have read all of this?

Read this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=24

I mean we could go back and forth all day, Point being what you are saying is just extreme, over exaggerated, just out of control, and your reference is one BB.com article. Don't buy everything you read just because it the 1. the first thing you read about it 2. It fits what you think you already know 3. You want to believe it.

I am not "angry" at all, just read your post. Its way over the top and its misinformation.
    Last edited by themills; 07-19-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Clean Bulking for 6 Month jwong512's Avatar
    jwong512 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ah ok thanks for pointing that out to me. So it would be fine to take whey and soy protein drinks the morning right before I go workout or like 1 hour before I go workout?

chasn w8t's like its pu$y Jamps's Avatar
    Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000)
    As others have said, that protein has soy in it, quite a bit in fact. Soy boosts estrogen levels, and thus is NOT a protein that males should consume, even in small quantities. Consuming that much soy in your diet will most likely lead to b**** tits, soft abdominal fat, and other side effects of the ever so hated estrogen hormone. I would avoid it.
    really? i've been drinking soy milk for hmmmm 1-2 years now and have yet to notice any side effects that you listed. Though it might be because i take it in small amounts (1 cup/day).
    Last edited by jampsifit; 07-19-2007 at 09:23 PM.
    PimPin Iron ain't easy, but i do it though...1 plate at a time. So watch how i Get'er done in my workout journal: http://tinyurl.com/

[][][]=\\=(>_<)=//=[][][]
    ................|
    .............../ \

chasn w8t's like its pu$y Jamps's Avatar
    Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jwong512 View Post
    Ah ok thanks for pointing that out to me. So it would be fine to take whey and soy protein drinks the morning right before I go workout or like 1 hour before I go workout?
    yeah it should be ok. Make sure u take it with a carb source.
    PimPin Iron ain't easy, but i do it though...1 plate at a time. So watch how i Get'er done in my workout journal: http://tinyurl.com/

[][][]=\\=(>_<)=//=[][][]
    ................|
    .............../ \

CLARK331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As others have said, that protein has soy in it, quite a bit in fact. Soy boosts estrogen levels, and thus is NOT a protein that males should consume, even in small quantities. Consuming that much soy in your diet will most likely lead to b**** tits, soft abdominal fat, and other side effects of the ever so hated estrogen hormone. I would avoid it.
    WOW! thanks for that heads up!
    In order to get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used Costco whey cuz my rents bought it and it was cheap... Mixes ok if you shake it stirring its not bad but i just got a tub of PVL for my bday
    Legalize it and I will advertise it!

Clean Bulking for 6 Month jwong512's Avatar
    jwong512 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KellerLB View Post
    I used Costco whey cuz my rents bought it and it was cheap... Mixes ok if you shake it stirring its not bad but i just got a tub of PVL for my bday
    Yeah that stuff from costco is really hard to break down. It says you can put it in a glass and just stir with a spoon but it never works. You end up having clumps of powder left in your drink. I would just put it in a bottle and shake it around for awhile. You can also put it in a blender but it's probably too much of a hassle to do that. I recently ordered a shaker bottle hoping that my shake will mix easily.

NWright79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jampsifit View Post
    Does soy protein bother you that much? I use to (stopped last week cuz i ran out of supply) drink soy milk all the time since regular milk kicks my ass and have yet to notice any problems with it.....

anyone read that long ass soy protein thread? if so, then what was the conclusion or the overall consensus? i was busy with school work at the time so i couldn't get a chance to read it. I believe it was started by that HalleluYAH guy...
    You ever try Rice protein? Now taht's a real treat

Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    costco protein gives me diarrhea
    You heard it here first.

i rep back 50+

Lift, eat, sleep, repeat! Xetenor's Avatar
    Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ugh, costco. Never like that place and it's cheap products. I guess it's ok if you're on a budget but I'd never get supplements from there.
    Everyday I'm in pain; good pain. If one cannot go through this pain period, forget it.