Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Update- First workout for wife

Just to update you guys who helped me set up a full-body workout for the wife, all went well. To summarize, she did 3 sets of 12-15 of: Squat, Lat pulldown, DB shoulder press, Leg Curls, One-arm db row, DB bench press, DB bicep curl, Calf Raise, Ab crunch.
    I did give in and let her perform the squats on the Smith Machine. I did act like a bit of an ass and say, kinda loudly, "yeah, girls do seem to favor the Smith machine for squats."
    But, she really enjoyed the workout. It took about an hour. She liked all exercises. But one thing I noticed was that her form was fantastic! It's funny how good an exercise looks when you are not trying to push dumbbells 10 pounds too heavy. Most noticeably, her hardest exercise was the db bench press. She performed db shoulder presses with 15# dumbbells. Her bench press was the same. I attributed this to either becoming tired from the workout, or from being more familiar with shoulder presses. She had been doing them for about 4 weeks now.
    Today, she feels tightness mainly in her hamstrings and triceps. She loved the entire workout, and said this is definitely something she can see herself sticking with.
    She already asked me how to use the leg press machine, perform db laterals, and wants to add another leg exercise to her routine(probably leg presses).

As much as I love weightlifting, I must admit, it is far more rewarding to see my wife enjoying a workout I designed specifically for her.

And yes, I already have my 3 year old doing db presses with the 2 pounders. Only thing crazier than that...he already has 5 or 6 different moves memorized from my wife's Tae Bo routine!

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good stuff and LOL my 4yr old lifts also. It's funny as hell.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Something I've noticed with women when they start training and doing upper body work, is that they get super sore tri's early on... I had one girl that I trained for only three weeks... She was constantly complaining about sore tri's... So in the workout cool down, I had her put in a bunch of tri specific stretching... Then had her stretch her tri's on her own every day... Which helped her beat the soreness...

Unfortunately in the end her love of Bacon, butter and Cheese sandwhiches, convinced her to stop working out.

Nice to hear that things are running well with her... Just make sure in post-workout period that you're helping her do the little things to beat soreness, which will keep her from getting discouraged.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats. Every now and then I will get my wife on a routine and she'll stick with it for a few months and get great results. Then, either she'll get sick, or get busy at work and she'll end up quitting for like 3 months. It's frustrating for me, but she's fine with it. Lifting isn't for everybody I guess. Congrats though. It's always fun to lift with your wife. It always pushes me harder too because I want to impress her

Hey nanoia, I'm in mpls. Where do you lift? I workout at northwest in St. Louis Park.

progers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    martial arts... the repetitions of the techniques and the right kata can build tone and strength without touching the weights... so as far as a sport producing the physique by itself...

this guy doesn't lift at all

http://www.anera.8m.com/batido.jpg

Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by progers
    this guy doesn't lift at all

http://www.anera.8m.com/batido.jpg
    Obviously...he has the body of a teenager.
    I'm going more for the body of a guy that works with weights.
    No diss to you man. Because I know what you mean. I used to do Tae Kwon Do. And, like I said, my wife has been doing Tae Bo 5 days a week for about 5 years now.
    She has always had a tight body. Weights, I feel will give her an added dimension to exercise. And allow her to start filling in her muscle bodies.

Once again, didn't mean to be rude. I'm just a bit of a smartass!

TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrueWarrior1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Eric_FXST

please don't insult us teens. we work hard. that guy has the body of a 10 year old
    feel that sting big boy? thats pride ****ing with ya.

i give negs out like candy.

Originally Posted by TrueWarrior1
    Eric_FXST

please don't insult us teens. we work hard. that guy has the body of a 10 year old
    LOL, a bigger smartass than me.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Getting a body like that guy is one of the reasons I quit Tae Kwon Do! That and an ankle injury, lung infection, and the fact that I don't think people my size should be flinging themselves in the air!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Talking

Originally Posted by Nainoa
    Getting a body like that guy is one of the reasons I quit Tae Kwon Do! That and an ankle injury, lung infection, and the fact that I don't think people my size should be flinging themselves in the air!
    I always lacked the discipline of TKD. For some stupid reason, I could never just stand there and spar with someone. I have a strange(is it?) mentality that if someone is kicking me on the shoulder, to grab them and push them to the ground.
    LOL
    I used to get so pissed off that I would just freeze. I just could not establish the block/kick routine when being sparred with. Even with buddies, when someone hits me in the chest to goof off, I grab them and push them against a wall or arm lock them.

Must be some psychological disorder resulting from physical corrections from my father when I was young. Who the F knows?

Originally Posted by Eric_FXST
    I always lacked the discipline of TKD. For some stupid reason, I could never just stand there and spar with someone. I have a strange(is it?) mentality that if someone is kicking me on the shoulder, to grab them and push them to the ground.
    LOL
    I used to get so pissed off that I would just freeze. I just could not establish the block/kick routine when being sparred with. Even with buddies, when someone hits me in the chest to goof off, I grab them and push them against a wall or arm lock them.

Must be some psychological disorder resulting from physical corrections from my father when I was young. Who the F knows?
    Yeah I hear ya Bro... I didn't get very far in TKD... Only did a little sparring... But the little I did felt so damn un-natural... I felt like I was in some kind of goddam real life video game... Trying to pull off punch-kick combos... A, A, B, B, Right Trigger...

What made it worse was that my Dojang (Sp?) was made up of a bunch of little ****s... All around 5'5" 145lbs or smaller... So my natural instinct was to just shoulder barge the guy, wrestle him to the ground, pin him down and flick him in the eyes until he cried for his ma'ma.

I don't think it's necessarily a mental block of any kind... I think for guys our size and build, you spend a life time, whether it's horseing around, or in a real conflict... You get used to using your biggest advantage, which is size, reach, and overall strength...

TKD sparring pretty much either takes away those advantages, or reduces their effectiveness to the point where you can't really use them to make a difference... So instead you have to stand there, and either get lectured for always moving in too close... Or get schooled by a kid who's the same size you were in 5th grade!

From what I hear, things like Kempo, and Jujitsu are more suited to guys our size.

But to keep this thread from being hijacked... How's the wife feeling today... IIRC, this would be her second workout day.

Also... What kind of nutritional plan tweaking are you doing for her?
    6'4"

But to keep this thread from being hijacked... How's the wife feeling today... IIRC, this would be her second workout day.

Also... What kind of nutritional plan tweaking are you doing for her?
    Hah. LOL about the Tae Kwon Do rant. I know what you mean. Question is: when someone kicks you in the groin, do you A) straigthen up and kick them back OR B)charge them and grab their throat ?

Anyway, wife is doing great. Second workout is in 30 minutes. I am doing chest/tris today. But, I'll be there for support, should she need it.
    She had some soreness in hams and tris. Pretty much gone this morning.

I told her that when the pain goes away, it is time to hit it again. I did recommend that maybe she does 2 sets of each exercise then 3. But, she enjoyed her workout Tuesday, so what the hey. Along with your suggestion, I did recommend stretching after todays workout.

I did explain to her about increasing weight every couple weeks. For some reason, it seems that I notice women(more than men) hanging on to poundages for a more lengthy time. She thought she would increase in 2 months. I said more like 2 weeks. I told her that she really wants to take advantage of her newbie gains while she can. Plus, I feel increasing poundages helps with motivation. (This is where you started, this is where you are now)
    As for diet, she is now doing the 6 small meals daily. She always lived by the eat very healthy M,T,W,Th; cheat on F, Sa, Su. I pretty much let that go, for now. She is very in control with knowing how to lose weight and how to maintain. Although, I did warn her that weightlifting is very demanding on the system. And that she will need some extra calories.
    She does mimic my snacking at night. And does snack on cottage cheese, almonds, and natty peanut butter during the day. Like I said, she can drink 6 Miller Lites on Friday, 4 glasses of Riesling on Saturday, and then 4 Miller Lites on Sunday with all kinds of ice cream, pizza, Chinese food throughout. And still have a six pack come Monday. It SUCKS! But, she loves cardio. Which I am sure has a lot to do with it.

As for the groin hits thing... I've had a lot of people over the years go for the nuts... I've gotten pretty good at the "Last second Nuts Defense." That and I seem to have testicles that are good at dodging. But it's always hard to avoid that old HS football mentality of just spear the guy to the ground, pin him and make him your bitch!
    Or the old "Bluto vs Popeye Defense" of just stiff arming a guy, while he tries to swing at you!

I don't think there's anything too bad about some cheats on the weekend... I generally get pretty well drunk on Fridays, during my weekly poker night... Then don't drink the rest of the weekend.

I allow myself to eat whatever I want Friday Dinner through to Sunday Lunch... Of course Sunday is Football day, and I always have a nice meal... Try to keep it as lean as I can still though.

I would just be a little careful with her on weight increases at first... She might need a little more time than 2 weeks when it comes to upper body work, just for the sake of CNS stress... When you consider that women's upper body musclulature isn't really rigged the same way as a males... Their Upper body muscles seem to need a little more convincing to grow than ours.

Good Luck, and give your wife a pat on the back for me!

Nainoa
    6'4"

Good Luck, and give your wife a pat on the back for me!
    You're lucky that's all you said.........you bachelor perv !

j/k

Thanks for all the input. My wife, Amy, is always asking, "Who are these guys you are always talking about from the internet ????????"

Originally Posted by Eric_FXST
    You're lucky that's all you said.........you bachelor perv !

j/k

Thanks for all the input. My wife, Amy, is always asking, "Who are these guys you are always talking about from the internet ????????"
    Thanks for the Rep's Bro!

Funny, to thing that the crew at bb.com are a topic at the FXT supper table!

Well time for me to crawl into a pile of bachelor trash and make myself a sleepin' hutch!
    ;D
    6'4"