kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)

Not Enough Protein?

Ok, so im 240lbs, 6ft, and this summer i started a diet to lose some weight (without losing muscle). My main question is, am i getting enough protein with this diet? And also, am i lacking anything besides protein here? If anything should i pick up some whey protein and start supplementing my diet. Well here is my standard day of eating. Any suggestions/tips on improving my daily diet would be greatly appreciated.

7:15AM - Oatmeal with 2T of cold-milled flax seed and some lowfat granola, Nonfat/Low cal yogurt

10:30AM - Various fruit, granola bar

1PM - Lean Turkey/Chicken/Ham Sandwhich on Wheat, Small bag of Wheat Thins

3PM - Homemade Trailmix (Lightly salted peanuts, lowfat granola, raisins), Nonfat/Low Cal Yogurt

6PM - Standard Korean Dinner (White Rice, Several Veggie side dishes, Some type of Korean Soup or Fish/Meat dish as main dish)

9PM - 1/2 Cup Lowfat Cottage Cheese, 2T Natural Peanut Butter, Granola
    Rep Back 1k+ ....just sayin

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

kmkordvani23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kamjah View Post
    Ok, so im 240lbs, 6ft, and this summer i started a diet to lose some weight (without losing muscle). My main question is, am i getting enough protein with this diet? And also, am i lacking anything besides protein here? If anything should i pick up some whey protein and start supplementing my diet. Well here is my standard day of eating. Any suggestions/tips on improving my daily diet would be greatly appreciated.

7:15AM - Oatmeal with 2T of cold-milled flax seed and some lowfat granola, Nonfat/Low cal yogurt

10:30AM - Various fruit, granola bar

1PM - Lean Turkey/Chicken/Ham Sandwhich on Wheat, Small bag of Wheat Thins

3PM - Homemade Trailmix (Lightly salted peanuts, lowfat granola, raisins), Nonfat/Low Cal Yogurt

6PM - Standard Korean Dinner (White Rice, Several Veggie side dishes, Some type of Korean Soup or Fish/Meat dish as main dish)

9PM - 1/2 Cup Lowfat Cottage Cheese, 2T Natural Peanut Butter, Granola
    I like this diet because you adapted it to you... the way it should be done.

But you wont lose muscle. You will lose strength that is a part of cutting.

to maintain i would recommend try some shakes as meal replacements so you will have an easier time cutting. But i love these snacks and cottage cheese.

kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)
    should i replace one of my actual meals or just one of my snacks with a shake? the only time i would be able to have a shake is early in the morning before i go to work, or after 5:30pm when i get off. any recommendations on a brand?

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haha yeah one turkey sandwich and some nuts is enough protein for a 240 pound man.

try adding 5-6 protein shakes if you dont want to change the meals around

edit: you have some meat for dinner...but it still isnt enough

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What weight are you aiming for and what is your current protein intake? We can go from there
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

my end game weight goal is around..... 180ish? I dunno, i have a pretty large frame (especially for a korean dude). Ideally i want to be pretty cut and have some good definition to my muscles. So i think my end weight might actually be higher than this goal. Current protein intake im not entirely sure. Id have to wait til i got home so i could look at all the nutrition facts.
    Last edited by kamjah; 07-11-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd aim for around 200-220 grams or so then.

ISSA Certified CFT

ok, so would it be okay to go home, calculate my daily protein, then just fill in the rest with a whey protein supplement? About how much protein is in one shake? Is there an ideal time to have them in relation to my workouts?

Pre and post workout are the only time I consume whey protein.

Start eating more eggs, milk, red meat, chicken breasts, other dairy(cheese, cottage cheese etc) and peanut butter(though not primarily a protein source) for protein needs.

The leaness is up to you and make it fit into your goals, you may want more lean food for cutting.

I wouldn't have more than a few servings of whey a day. Milk is very cheap around here, I drink skim for a cut and about 6 eggs a day on off days.

yeah, we have plenty of eggs in my house, so i'll start having some more of those. what are your thoughts on the yolks? ive read a lot of conflicting opinions on whether to just have egg whites, or the whole egg.

yeah, we have plenty of eggs in my house, so i'll start having some more of those. what are your thoughts on the yolks? ive read a lot of conflicting opinions on whether to just have egg whites, or the whole egg.
    I have 6 whole eggs(yolks and white) a day. Most here eat around that amount.

If your body has trouble with the cholesterol(you would have high cholesterol already or family who does) then I wouldn't eat a lot of yolks. But if you're perfectly normal, then I'd take in whole eggs.

Factor them into your macros, they are great for fat intake.

ISSA Certified CFT

Ok, so based on your suggestions i made some changes to my daily diet plan. I may make some more changes based on what my daily protein intake adds up to once i get home and add it all up. If its too low, i might add 2 hard boiled eggs to my lunch or something. Im also gunna ask my mom to start adding more fish/chicken to our dinners. But let me know what you think.

7AM - Whey Protein Shake, Oatmeal with 2T Cold-Milled Flax Seed and 1/2 Cup Lowfat Granola, 4 Eggs, Glass of Orange Juice

10AM - Various fruit/Vegetables, Granola Bar

12:30PM - Lean Turkey/Chicken/Ham Sandwhich on Wheat, Small bag of Wheat Thins

8PM - My Usual Workout Session (30-45min)

8:45PM - Whey Protein Shake (Or whenever my workout happens to end)

10PM - 1/2 Cup Lowfat Cottage Cheese with 2T Natural Peanut Butter and Lowfat Granola

I also take a multivitamin with my dinner every night. And of course, im drinking as much water as i possibly can throughout the day. =)

M11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I try to eat 2 whole eggs with four egg whites for breakfast...

ok i had the breakfast i wrote above. and i gotta say. it took me a while to down. i dont think eggs and oatmeal go together very well.... any suggestions to make this breakfast a little more tasty?

Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Street_Dog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I put my oats(.5 Cup) in my Protein Shakes. I use a blender to mix.

ok, so i used calorie-count.com to find out what my daily caloric intake is. (based solely on what you see on my list here) and it ended up around 3200. Although i had none of the food facts in front of me, and it is a very rough estimate, it still seems a little high to me. For a 240lb 6ft male looking to cut 50+ lbs what should my daily caloric intake look like?

DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I try to get in 9 to 12 raw eggs a day. I think of them as a multi vitamin. The yolk is filled with vitamins and minerals. And of coarse eggs = best quality protein.