NoStoppingMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoStoppingMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoStoppingMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoStoppingMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoStoppingMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoStoppingMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoStoppingMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoStoppingMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it safe to increase weights while cutting?

Could increasing my lifts by 5 pounds per week create problems if I were to do it while cutting?
    Or should I focus more on just keeping the muscle/strength that I have?

crashdmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think it will pose a problem. When you are cutting your routine should stay the same or if possible increase. The only thing that changes is your diet. You will probably be more fatigued than usual because of the calorie deficit but hey if you can up your weights safely while maintaining proper form I say good for you.
    Derek

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO, you should always be trying to make some kind of progress. If you can add weight, go for it. But trust me, you are not going to be adding 5lbs a week on a consistent basis...especially cutting....But that isnt to say you shouldnt still be attempting to do that, think about it.
    "Man up"

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NoStoppingMe
    Could increasing my lifts by 5 pounds per week create problems if I were to do it while cutting?
    Or should I focus more on just keeping the muscle/strength that I have?

Always add weight if you can. In fact, when you bulk you go up in weights. When you cut, you do the same always! It's logic. Why should you not take advantage of adding weight to the bar to increase strength if you can? Another in fact, you should even be able to increase your strength levels when you cut.
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was off checking out the pros section earlier and someone posed the question what would you do differently looking back on your career. One of them stated keeping my workouts the same while cutting. I personally would not be trying to increase weights dramatically while cutting. But as in other time if it gets to easy ..increase it.

daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tread carefully. It is possible you will lose some strength while cutting, and the first you'll know it is when you're stuck trying to do one rep of a new weight that you just increased arbitrarily that week.
    "We know Burns has the trillion dollar bill somewhere in his house, but all we've been able to ascertain from satellite photos is that it's not on the roof".

www.daninthemix.com

Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Try and progress heavier each week. Even when pre-contest training I will up the weights. None of this 15-20rep cable crap. Easiest way to lose muscle while cutting.

What I WILL do however, when upping the weight each week is to reduce the volume. So instead of doing lets say 9 sets for chest, I'll do 6-7. This will assist greatly in muscle recovery so you won't overtrain, while your muscles take on a harder appearance.
    Discipline is only a by product of Desire.

Section8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you are getting enough strength to continue to increase weight while losing fat then go for it. there shouldnt be anything dangerous about it

AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AssToGrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is where some of the Brawn principles of microweights can help. At the very least you should be able to add another pound to the bar. You can get some big ass magnets you can weigh or a couple links of chain to wrap around the collars. Just weigh them out to a pound or half pound each. Better than no increase.