ceech37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Fast Gains For Lagging Body Parts

Do you have any lagging body parts that could use a boost?

Here's a rather intense technique that can be used to break through sticking points and get a muscle growing again, called "Triple Drop Pre-Exhaust".

"Pre-exhaust" involves using an isolation exercise immediately
    before a compound exercise to pre-fatigue the muscle without
    involving the secondary muscle groups.

For example, to pre-exhaust the pecs you would do a set of pec-deck or lying dumbbell flyes to failure immediately followed by flat or incline bench press.

The idea is this: The pec-deck or flyes work the pecs without
    involving the delts or triceps. So although your pecs are
    fatigued, your delts and tris are fresh so you can further blast
    your pecs by doing a set of bench presses immediately after the
    pec-deck or flyes.

Another technique that utilizes the pre-exhaust idea in a
    different manner. Let's take chest again for example.

Pick an isolation exercise for the pecs. In this example we'll use the pec-deck. Select a weight that will allow you to complete 10 to 12 reps in good form with the last rep being the last one you can possibly complete without help. In other words, go to failure.

Immediately reduce the weight approx. 30% and do another set
    without resting. Take that set to failure however many reps you
    can complete.

Again immediately reduce the weight approx. 30% and do a third set without resting. Take this third set to failure however many reps you can complete.

Now rest about a minute and do a compound exercise for chest.
    Let's use the bench press for this example.

Your pecs should be fairly fatigued if you performed the pec-deck as intensely as I described. Select a weight that allows you to complete 10 to 12 reps to failure. The weight you'll use will probably be significantly less than you normally use because of the pre-exhaust we did on the pec-deck.

Now just like on the pec-deck, complete your first set to failure then immediately reduce the weight approx. 30% and do a second set without resting. Again immediately reduce the weight approx. 30% and do a third set to failure without resting.

This is a pretty intense technique and should probably be
    utilized very sporadically. In fact, I would recommend waiting at least 7 days before you train the muscle group again after a
    session of "Triple Drop Pre-Exhaust."

Reference:
    Rick Gray, The AnabolicSecrets.com eJournal, July 6th 2007

bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i understand it can be used as something different and sparingly to possibly bust through plateaus...but wont that decrease the amount you'd be able to do in the more important compound lift? therefore not building as much muscle as possible?

i'm not bustin on it...i'm just posing a question.
    "Always act as though it were impossible to fail." -Anonymous

ceech37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know dude. I never tried it. I get these news letters sent to my email from this website and this was one of them. I just thought I'd share it with everybody because it sounds like it works.
    Personally I feel that when I do a set of 8 or ten with enough weight on that that is all I can do and no more, then drop the weight to do 6-8 more reps then drop it again to lift til failure, that feels really good. This way I lift for strength and cut. It gets the muscles really pumped and you know that you can't lift anymore when you can't even lift 20lbs, ya know.
    Everybody has their own routine and whatever works for them is good. As long as your in the gym doing something about, that's all that matters.