Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation Im cutting, lift heavy or no??

Im cutting right now, but since this means i can't build muscle anyways, can I just do all-body workouts, like doing every bodypart, every other day? I mean I just want to maintain the muscle I have (since i can't build it because im cutting) but is doing an all body workout enough?
    peace and thanks
    Joram ****inbird

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do heavy split routines. they are more anabolic than doing a whole bunch of full body workouts

SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Mistaken.

Well, actually you can build muscle while cutting, just much more slowly. Now if you have a reasonable body fat then what you are doing is probably real slow lifts. I hope. This forces a total amount of blood into the muscle higher than that if you did it fast. It also damages the muscle more, which is what you want. Muscles repair stronger than they were to begin with, this is how we get stronger. So just go REALLY slow, and light. Light just because you can't get it real slow if it's heavy.

Joe1014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Mistaken.

Originally posted by SpartanHuge
    Well, actually you can build muscle while cutting, just much more slowly. Now if you have a reasonable body fat then what you are doing is probably real slow lifts. I hope. This forces a total amount of blood into the muscle higher than that if you did it fast. It also damages the muscle more, which is what you want. Muscles repair stronger than they were to begin with, this is how we get stronger. So just go REALLY slow, and light. Light just because you can't get it real slow if it's heavy.
    Ah, not exactly.

1.) Tempo has nothing to do with bodyfat

2.)light weights do not cause the most damage to muscle fibers

-Continue to lift heavy during your cutting phase

SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Joe you misread my post. I was merely saying you should cut with lighter weights only if you cannot lift the heavier ones slowly. Now about the bodyfat, I said you are doing slow lifts if you have low fat. Now, if you bulked previously and now are just trying to burn the fat off, then you don't worry about cutting lifts quite yet.

Also, I said slow lifts damage more.

BiGMike170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well bro if you wanna get lean do high reps and light weight if you want to bulk up go heavy and low reps easy as that ..... example GET CUT 25-30 reps get a real good burn ..... BULK UP 6-8 reps HEAVY....

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im cutting now also and dropping my weights a little but not much and instead of getting those last 2 reps or so Im stopping before I get to failure because If I was to go balls out on the weights and cardio I'd overtrain quick.

peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by BiGMike170
    well bro if you wanna get lean do high reps and light weight if you want to bulk up go heavy and low reps easy as that ..... example GET CUT 25-30 reps get a real good burn ..... BULK UP 6-8 reps HEAVY....
    That's a misconception.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Einstein

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    NO!, stick to heavy weights, there is no such thing as a cutting exercise, by lifting heavy, you continue to stimulate the muscle fibres to the extent, where you can maintain muscle mass, even if you cant generally add muscle while cutting
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

Buff daddy i dont know where you got your info but , there is a such thing as a cutting exercise running is a cutting exercise just for one example it burns fat there for your more lean duh....lol...Again i say if you want to get cut , do high reps and do it with low weight.... And anywho this guy is not trying to get any bigger he says he is done bulking just wanst to get cut now i understand what he is saying cause when i get to 180 im gonna cut myself down to 170 so ill be cut... and defined...i think this is what he is trying to do so that is what you gotta do.....

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Buff daddy i dont know where you got your info but , there is a such thing as a cutting exercise running is a cutting exercise just for one example it burns fat there for your more lean duh....lol...Again i say if you want to get cut , do high reps and do it with low weight.... And anywho this guy is not trying to get any bigger he says he is done bulking just wanst to get cut now i understand what he is saying cause when i get to 180 im gonna cut myself down to 170 so ill be cut... and defined...i think this is what he is trying to do so that is what you gotta do.....
    o boy, just wait till some educated people respond to this thread, i dont have the time now to prove my point

if he wants to lose his muscle as well, then yes, stick to light weights, i just wasnt used to someone actually wanting to lose muscle, so i guess i responded too automatically
    - Bruce Lee

- Big Red

geesh educated lol....... IM not talking about gettting a 5lb weight and doing a thousands reps here im talking about dropping his weight about 5-10lbs and increasing his reps by 15 or so....He'll keep his muscle doing that....geesh some people...

Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    >>>>NO!, stick to heavy weights, there is no such thing as a cutting exercise, by lifting heavy, you continue to stimulate the muscle fibres to the extent, where you can maintain muscle mass, even if you cant generally add muscle while cutting

No heavy weights are for Bulking, 6-10 reps Heavy and intense for Bulk

Medium or lighter weights do 20+ reps for cutting. The whole idea of cutting is to burn fat, so you lower protein down a bit and burn more calories with more reps.

More reps is for toning.

geesh educated lol....... IM not talking about gettting a 5lb weight and doing a thousands reps here im talking about dropping his weight about 5-10lbs and increasing his reps by 15 or so....He'll keep his muscle doing that....geesh some people...
    i still dont agree, but lets just say we both have our own opinions and leave it at that, cool
    Last edited by Buff_Daddy; 06-05-2002 at 11:14 PM.
    - Bruce Lee

- Big Red

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say do near maximal lifting during a hypocaloric or 'cutting' phase, as you will have to reduce total volume, and you are more likely able to handle it. Where as a high volume, lower intensity(intensity meaning %RM) will be more difficult to handle because you don't have the necessary energy to fully repair your strained muscle. With near maximal loading, you will have to stop well short of failure(a necessity when training for strength) and thus it will be easier to recover (physiologically speaking) from such workouts.

Coincide the Higher volume, lower weight(ie 8 to 15 reps) for the hypercaloric or bulking phase.

Oh yeah, in short, I agree with Buff!

Also, higher reps won't make you more cut!

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Brant

No heavy weights are for Bulking, 6-10 reps Heavy and intense for Bulk

Medium or lighter weights do 20+ reps for cutting. The whole idea of cutting is to burn fat, so you lower protein down a bit and burn more calories with more reps.

More reps is for toning.
    Can you show me a study that proves this concept? Because its not true. Its a myth and a stupid one to boot. Its like saying that a high carb, low fat diet is best for losing fat. If you believe that, you can go on reading Men's Fitness and other mags geared towards beginners.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Einstein

Im just a bedroom gangsta orzonus's Avatar
    orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stay with heavy weights, in a low rep range. No matter what phase you're in. Lifting lighter is just a waste of time.

CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I usually just keep doing the weights that I usually do off-season. There are many arguments to this stating that you should do lighter weights, and higher reps (10-12)...but like I said, I've always just like keeping heavy weights and do what I can do. Just focus on the diet!...that's what'll get you ripped. The cardio will add on to the lean muscle too (but don't overdo it).

Fabio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fabio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fabio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Hmmmmm

I agree with Buff!

I don't think there is such a thing as cutting exercises unless you are benching with razor blades on the bar (Hee Hee sorry bad joke), I would have thought that it depends on what type of diet you are on anyway. If you are on a lower than maintenance diet then any exercise may help you get cut but on the other hand if you are on a bulking diet certain exercises will help you add solid mass (depending certain factors eg intensity, tempo etc). You can do all the high rep or low weights in the world but if your diet is not geared towards the kind of cycle you are on forget it.

I personally burn more calories doing heavy low rep (6 - 10) movements than I do doing more reps and less weight without spending hours in the gym. But then again it is all down to preference what works for one person may not work for another.

Peace fellas

Fab
    'Boogaloo'

Serge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree w/ everything above, didn't change a single thing in my lifting routine when I started cutting, and I am still gaining at a veeeery slow rate.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

ABOVE EVERYTHING #1 THING
    LIFT SLOWLY

THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS FOR CUTTING. (mostly)

dude, just make sure everything is slow, if you can stay heavy, great, but if not, go lower. lots of reps help too

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Why would you lift slowly? I'm curious as to your reasoning behind this? And why only in the cutting phase?
    Also, no need to do a lot of reps. You guys are forgetting that cutting is 90% diet.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    ABOVE EVERYTHING #1 THING
    LIFT SLOWLY

THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS FOR CUTTING. (mostly)

dude, just make sure everything is slow, if you can stay heavy, great, but if not, go lower. lots of reps help too
    did u get ripped up and maintain all of your muscles doing this? ir no, then stop giving people the wrong advise we got enough people like that around here and want everyone to listen and do what they do even though its completly wrong

SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnakeHips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HIGH REPS FOR CUTTING???

DO NOT LISTEN TO PEOPLE THAT SAY HIGH REPS ARE FOR CUTTING!!!! BIGGEST MISCONCEPTION, JUST PLAIN STUPID..KEEP BLASTING AS HEAVY AND HARD AS BEFORE, TRY ABBREVIATING YOUR WORKOUTS TO GET MORE RECOVERY. THE LIMITING DIET WILL LIKELY TAKE ITS TOLL BUT YOUR BODY WILL GET ACCUSTOMED. HIGH REPS FOR CUTTING??? WHO THE HELL STILL BELIEVES THAT CRAP?? LATER

God I hate you all. Just watch a freaking show on bodybuilding. Listen to bodybuilder, watch them. Watch how slowly they go. If you go more slowly you muscles will develope larger, not necessarily stronger, but larger. I don't know why, but it's the way it works. Now, it seems to me if your muscle are bigger then they will appear more ripped if they are under the same amount of body fat. (not percentage, bodyfat.)

I'm not answering any questions until I find the article I am lokng for. And Cramron, why, might I ask, is it impossible for me to know things without actually being cut? I am cut, but that is completely beside the point. Not all knowledge come from experience, much comes from science. Some things you say really appear to have no logic to them whatsoever. And I PROMISE you will feel stupid when I find some articles on it. And I will be quoting you so you'll be unable to delete you post from the record.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Hey man. No need to hate me.. Hating everyone isn't the way to go, bro

Originally posted by cramron
    did u get ripped up and maintain all of your muscles doing this? ir no, then stop giving people the wrong advise we got enough people like that around here and want everyone to listen and do what they do even though its completly wrong
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian5.htm
    oops, you lose.
    http://www.drsquat.com/index.cfm?act...e&articleID=21
    once again, I win, you lose.

It's called Time under Tension, or T-U-T

I am right.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    God I hate you all. Just watch a freaking show on bodybuilding. Listen to bodybuilder, watch them. Watch how slowly they go. If you go more slowly you muscles will develope larger, not necessarily stronger, but larger. I don't know why, but it's the way it works. Now, it seems to me if your muscle are bigger then they will appear more ripped if they are under the same amount of body fat. (not percentage, bodyfat.)

I'm not answering any questions until I find the article I am lokng for. And Cramron, why, might I ask, is it impossible for me to know things without actually being cut? I am cut, but that is completely beside the point. Not all knowledge come from experience, much comes from science. Some things you say really appear to have no logic to them whatsoever. And I PROMISE you will feel stupid when I find some articles on it. And I will be quoting you so you'll be unable to delete you post from the record.
    did it ever occur to u that pro bodybuilders are juiced to high heaven and whatever they do will get them big and cut? most articles are bull**** and advise sucks everyone should listen to their own bodies instead of taking in advise from scrawny 14 yr olds who read articles about pro bodybuilders

for the record, i was fine with your response. it was a question, that's fine, willing to answer it. but cramron was a total ass about it, and he was clearly give "wrong advice"

cramron. think, year of research, or trial and error. true different thing work for different people.

but some thing are true for everyone.

more tut, more muscle mass, while results will varies, everyones muscles are basically the same. you know we are all the same species.