sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sorrysometimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many calories does the exercise bike burn?

I don't really trust the numbers that my recumbent bike has been spitting out at me. I'm sure it varies with the amount of tension used, but does 450 calories for 30 minutes at 16 miles an hour sound right to you? I'm thinking it should be about half of that. Are there any really good online calculators for this type of thing?
    Not even close...

Heat/Fins/Marlins/The U anonymous123's Avatar
    anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The most accurate way to find that out would be to get a heart rate monitor that allows you to put in your age, height, weight, etc... There are websites that estimate stuff like that based on your weight alone but like I said, it's just an estimation.

Registered User Dymondintheruff's Avatar
    Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50)

calories burned

check out www.caloriesperhour.com they have calorie calculators for any exercise.
    Um..It just sort of hit me like..um..a two ton heavy thing
    What day is it and where the hell am I?

Only 180lbs in the pic MiketheSwede's Avatar
    MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sorrysometimes View Post
    I don't really trust the numbers that my recumbent bike has been spitting out at me. I'm sure it varies with the amount of tension used, but does 450 calories for 30 minutes at 16 miles an hour sound right to you? I'm thinking it should be about half of that. Are there any really good online calculators for this type of thing?
    Varies, depending on height, weight, age, sex, intensity, resistance and some other stuff.
    The built in calulators on machines are just a rough guestimate.