Thread: deadlifting?

jojojammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlifting?

umm so i don't normally deadlift b/c i didn't want to do it wrong and screw up my back but i tried it today and it seems like my legs weren't really even being worked but my forearms were really feeling it along with my upper arms. is that common at all?
    Last edited by jojojammer; 07-10-2007 at 07:54 PM.
    Current Supps:
    -Syntrax Matrix
    -BSN TrueMass
    -VPX NO Shotgun
    -VPX NO SyntheSize

Gangster of Medieval War swordsmanzenn's Avatar
    swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you should really feel it in traps, forearms, lower back, and hamstrings. maybe you are doing something wrong. maybe your forearms are weak but you can up the weight for the other deadlift muscle groups. just keep doing it your forearms will come around. mine did quite fast. don't rush it.

jojojammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh really? i thought it was supposed to be soley for legs. hmm, well i feel really dumb. i'm not a newb to lifting but i guess i am to deadlifting lol. i feel like a real idiot right now haha.
    Current Supps:
    -Syntrax Matrix
    -BSN TrueMass
    -VPX NO Shotgun
    -VPX NO SyntheSize

entropy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) entropy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) entropy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) entropy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) entropy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) entropy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) entropy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) entropy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha its cool man, everyone has to learn some way. The deadlift when done with proper form IS NOT going to hurt your back. You should be pushing through the floor with your feet while keeping your chest up in the air and looking up to the ceiling and pulling up. You should be feeling it heavily in the back and legs as well as the arms.

This should help:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459964

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hands down the greatest posteriorbuilder, I mean everything, from hamstrings to traps, and from rear delts to lats.

lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sit back when you do it and keep your shoulders pinned back, really concentrate on driving up with your legs before your back moves, it is in the top 3 best exercises a body builder can do
    ░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒
    █▓▒░ Aussie Crew░▒█
    ▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒█

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lachy View Post
    sit back when you do it and keep your shoulders pinned back, really concentrate on driving up with your legs before your back moves, it is in the top 3 best exercises a body builder can do
    Dont pin the shoulders back, your gonna lose 50+ pounds on what you can lift.

Think about it if your pcking something off the floor do you hve your shoulders pinnd back? Just keep your back tight, the thoracic spine however has alo tmore mobolity.

Remember, this is a natural motion, pinning the shoulders is akward and unneeded.