quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What foods can you eat to raise Leptin levels?

Hey.

I'm asking this because I'm now on a 40/40/20 pcf diet... and recently read about Leptin refeeds? Also, today, I had 900 calories worth of cashews, which as you all know consists dominantly of fat... So right now my calories are about 500 above my current fat loss intake. And the pfc ratios are screwed up, it's like 45% fat.

Question: Can this be accepted as an appropiate weekly/bi-monthly refill for Leptin levels?

I guess I'm just looking for an excuse and/or learn some benefits along the way. I've never done 40/40/20 before; did KETO before but 40/40/20 works better here in college.

I'm basicaly looking for someone to address my situation and also educate me on Leptin refeeds if possible.

Thanks

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    refeeds usually consist of a ~25% increase in calories over maintanence(depending on length of the refeed) with generally high-GI carbs, as little fat as possible, and keeping fructose as low as possible too

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hahahah... ****, i ****ed that one up then didn't i? oh well. time to punish myself tomorrow (with 6 miles)

thanks 4 the answer

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    heh dont worry about it, a mass feeding of healthy fats has also been shown to make you leaner, just look at the "Eating Peanut Butter=Leanness??" thread down the page a bit

http://www.avantlabs.com/magmain.php...ID=3&pageID=51
    http://www.avantlabs.com/magmain.php...ID=4&pageID=58
    http://www.avantlabs.com/magmain.php...ID=5&pageID=64

great articles

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ratios don't freaking matter.

They're irrelevant, no important.

The bottom line of a diet (generally):

Set a moderate deficit (20% below maintenance), keep protein intake at 1-1.5 g/lb of LBM, sufficient EFAs (at least 6g fish oil a day) rest can be mostly monos, with some saturates (unavoidable if you eat meat.) This should total 20-25% percent of calories. Rest can be low gi carbs.

Ratios don't mean squat.

Originally Posted by Steve_W

Set a moderate deficit (20% below maintenance), keep protein intake at 1-1.5 g/lb of LBM, sufficient EFAs (at least 6g fish oil a day) rest can be mostly monos, with some saturates (unavoidable if you eat meat.) This should total 20-25% percent of calories. Rest can be low gi carbs.

Ratios don't mean squat.
    Does this apply to refeeds as well?

Yes, during my normal fat loss routine all i do is get enoguh protein and leave the rest up to healty carbs and fats. BUt what I'm wondering about is the refeed. Thanks.

Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Steve_W

Ratios don't mean squat.
    Manipulation of ratios can become quite usefull when someone plateaus on a cut but I agree with your main point that a caloric deficit is what matters.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by quest-x
    Yep I know that already and have known that for a while. But do you think it's the same for refeeds?
    No.

Refeeds 50 gram max of fat a day, make sure you get your fish oil though as it improves insulin sensitivity. 1g/lb of bw in protein is sufficient, rest in carbs. For a 1 day refeed (16-18 hours or whatever) high GI crap actually works better, but if your refeeds are more than 1 day then more moderate carb choices are needed. Some sucrose and fructose is ok, since it fills liver glycogen, but keep it to say no more than 1/3 of your overall carb intake, the rest can come from stuff with dextrose, and high GI starches. You don't have to have high GI though, I prefer to do my refeeds with extra oats and stuff but the high gi crap is more effective.

Originally Posted by Rippd
    Manipulation of ratios can become quite usefull when someone plateaus on a cut but I agree with your main point that a caloric deficit is what matters.
    Yeah, just because someone is getting 30% of calories from protein, that may not be sufficient protein. Some for EFAs. Better to focus on the small details of the actual food intake rather than go anally about ratios.