davebruno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie with a few questions

Hi I know I'm new and need a few pointers if people wouldn't mind, sorry if its alot to ask but I don't seem to get specifics from general information I can find

I've had a good read of quite alot of info across various websites, my goal is to gain as much muscle and loose as much fat as possible in the next 20 weeks.

I'm 6ft tall, 181 lbs and 19 years 8 months old. To be honest I'm a little flabby at the moment but I'm not fat and have a fair amount of muscle. My diet has been terrible in the past and I've had no idea about nutrition, I have always went through periods where I would excersize excessively and on occasions taken protein but never really made a strong attempt at it until now.

I'm considering doing one bulking period and then one cutting period but would 20 weeks be too small a time frame? how long should I do each for?

Currently I'm training each muscle group pretty hard with a 4 day rest for each muscle and doing about 10-20 mins cardio each day + lots of walking.

My main question however is about diets and supplements, currently I'm taking whey protein 2 servings of 24g protein and some basic multivitamins once a day from supermarket (havnt read on quality dunno if i should buy better ones), I'm soon going to add Creatine and L-Glutamine to the shakes.

However as far as calories are consered today I've tried to take on lean meats mainly and feel like I have eaten quite a large amount however added them up to make around only 1700 which seemed awefully low to me. this consisted of roughly 170g protein, 250g carbs and 16g fat.

This came from 3 cod steaks, 1 tin of tuna, 2 shakes, 3 eggs, 140g pasta serving, 500ml milk, 8 weetabix and one orange.

I feel this is alot of food but it doesn't nearly get the amount of calories I was hoping for...

tips, pointers and just infomation in general will greatly help, I have tried to find info myself and will continue to do so but a little nudge in the right direction will greatly help!

Thanks again, Dave

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat more fat
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321