Closed Thread
Page 271 of 337 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,130 of 10105
    doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iBUFFet View Post
    The only time I can schedule my weight training is in the morning. Should I eat/drink anything before my workout, ie protein shake? I have my big meal after this, and then i fast again until my next feed which is the post workout meal next day.
    Try reading a little bit and then come and ask a question.

Here's a good starting point: http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000) DenD359 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by doctapeppa View Post
    Fasting is known to cause sleep problems. The main reason is that one of the hormones that is increased while you fast is adrenaline. The bigger your caloric deficit and the longer you have been fasting for the more adrenaline you have in your bloodstream. You should get used to this as time goes by but there are some things you can try as well.

- Increase your calories. If you are in a big caloric deficit you may need to ease up on it a bit and loose weight a bit slower.

- If you are starting your fast earlier in the day instead of eating your last meal before bed then moving your feeding window later may help as well because while you are in bed you haven't been fasted for long and don't have much adrenaline yet.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Decided to wait till last night to respond to this, couldn't sleep again. Yep, I always have a feast before I go to sleep, which is usually 3-4 hours prior to. The thing is, it's always around 800-1100 calories and I like the feeling of being full to the max, could this be why? I'll still deload my workout this week too since I do feel tired throughout the day.

jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been doing some research on Martin's program as well as a couple of other intermittent fasting protocols. I'm sure this has been covered already and if so maybe someone can refer me to the correct page of this thread.

Anyway, my question is in regards to amino acids (bcaa) during the fast phase to reduce catabolism. Can a small amount be used periodically without breaking the fast and hence losing all of the hormonal benefits of being in the fasted state. If so what would be the optimum amount and frequency.

doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jerryiii View Post
    I've been doing some research on Martin's program as well as a couple of other intermittent fasting protocols. I'm sure this has been covered already and if so maybe someone can refer me to the correct page of this thread.

Anyway, my question is in regards to amino acids (bcaa) during the fast phase to reduce catabolism. Can a small amount be used periodically without breaking the fast and hence losing all of the hormonal benefits of being in the fasted state. If so what would be the optimum amount and frequency.
    If you take BCAA you are not fasted. Martin recommends to take BCAA before weight training if you are training fasted and that's it. If you take it at any other point during the fast you are not fasted and if you take it at any time during your eating window it is wasted since this is already found in food. A lot of us aren't even taking it at all and still making great improvements.

Originally Posted by DenD359 View Post
    Decided to wait till last night to respond to this, couldn't sleep again. Yep, I always have a feast before I go to sleep, which is usually 3-4 hours prior to. The thing is, it's always around 800-1100 calories and I like the feeling of being full to the max, could this be why? I'll still deload my workout this week too since I do feel tired throughout the day.
    If this continues you should go and see your doctor. It may not be related to IF at all and a checkup is always a good idea.

Just as much as going to sleep fasted can keep you up at night so can having a full belly, everyone is different. Try changing around your meals and see if that works for you. If not, quit IF'ing. If you are lacking sleep that is very likely what's causing you to be tired throughout the day. I'm not convinced a deload is going to help this.

Earlier today Martin tweeted this: http://twitter.com/#!/Martinberkhan/status/27871120635

Check out how many votes he has in the comments!

http://www.healthhabits.ca/2010/10/1...tness-blogger/

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Martin Berkhan View Post

Another factor which is a huge confounder that needs to be considered when applying this to real life, is that other factors like food volume, GI, and food type are very important as well. Studies examining this has almost always been done with liquids in order to not confound the results, i.e. 400 kcal worth of carbs or fat in a liquid solution of 500 mg water followed by blood tests and Visusal Analog Scale-testing (basically a questionnaire, "How full are you now?", etc), every 2 hrs, etc.

In practice, this means that 600 kcal of salmon, whole eggs & broccolli (high protein, high fat) would satiate better in both short and long-term than cereal, skim milk and whey protein (high protein, high carb) even if the latter example should win out "on paper" so to speak.
    Completely agree with everything you say
    I myself Do a higher fat/lower carb diet
    Your example is correct as well. But my point was similar to yours as the source (not just the macro) needs to be considered. Just like meat/veg/egg (fat/protein) would be better than cereal, skim, whey (carb/protein) for satiety, a sweet potato and lean meat (protein/carb) would be more satisfying than whey and nuts (protein/fat).
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you take BCAA you are not fasted. Martin recommends to take BCAA before weight training if you are training fasted and that's it. If you take it at any other point during the fast you are not fasted and if you take it at any time during your eating window it is wasted since this is already found in food. A lot of us aren't even taking it at all and still making great improvements.
    If you read Martins suggestions on fasted or early morning training he does say that taking BCAAs such as purple wrath is not considered breaking the fast. If you lift at 8am and take 10g before and after workout you can still consider yourself fasted until your usual afternoon meal or whenever your window opens.

Also (jerryiiii) the primary goal of BCAAs, as I understood it, is not to stave off catabolism but to allow protein synthesis to begin so as to get the most benefit from your workout. (dont worry about your muscles falling off if you don't right away).

Originally Posted by zmustang View Post
    If you read Martins suggestions on fasted or early morning training he does say that taking BCAAs such as purple wrath is not considered breaking the fast. If you lift at 8am and take 10g before and after workout you can still consider yourself fasted until your usual afternoon meal or whenever your window opens.

Also (jerryiiii) the primary goal of BCAAs, as I understood it, is not to stave off catabolism but to allow protein synthesis to begin so as to get the most benefit from your workout. (dont worry about your muscles falling off if you don't right away).
    I don't need to read anything on Martin's site about BCAA as I have fairly good grasp of metabolism and physiology, thank you. "BCAA" products including the product Xtend most certainly break the fast. These products contains 3 amino acids that have a nutritive value and they cause your pancreas to secrete insulin and initiate other events in your body that are part of the "fed" state. Taking BCAA breaks the fast in every single sense of the word. Now, the effect is minimal but if it didn't happen there would be no point in taking it.

What Martin has said is that it is an acceptable compromise because of the potential benefits that it might provide. If you follow martin's advice you can take 10 grams of BCAA while in a fasted state before a workout and every 2 or so hours and not count it towards your feeding window. It is not an essential part of this diet and it is not essential to put on muscle.

swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50) swaneon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im still a little weary, can i take casein protein before i go to bed?

wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by swaneon View Post
    im still a little weary, can i take casein protein before i go to bed?
    If it falls within your feeding period .. sure.

Why are you weary about it ?

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    People who come here worrying about taking BCAA's during the fast to prevent their muscles from falling off or taking a "slow digesting protein" before bed for the same always remind me of Desmond from Lost who must Press the Button ... he doesn't know why, he just has to do it.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good morning all I just wanted to share that I've been doing IF for a few months now and am still loving it . My weight is pretty much stable now but I am noticing fat loss weekly and my training is going great...no strength losses, only gains and my speed and endurance awesome as well (I've been doing 2 15-18k runs weekly with 5k of that being up STEEP hills all while in a fasted state with a total average time of 7:20 min mile!!! ). I have an insane amount of energy, it feels like I'm ready to go every moment...I'm even starting to get messages on ******** from locals noticing the shape I'm getting in...lol...and the only "foods" I consume during the fast are teas, 2c. coffee, and water...another wonderful thing about this lifestyle for me is that I now eat whatever I want, as much as I want, and way more than I use to and am still leaning out...I can't see me going back to the "normal" way of eating ever again...
    I just had to share this experience I'm having, hope I didn't bore anyone but I had to gush a bit and most everyone I know doesen't want to hear about this..and if they do it's almost always to tell me that I'm starving myself...lol...which is funny as I eat more than most men I know...have a great day everyone.
    ...karoline...

hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think most people worried about BCAA are coming from the 6 meals/day to 3 meals day. Just the thought of your muscles going hungry and wasting away is bothersome. Just can't let go of old habits. I'll admit, I used to be one of those people. I remember getting annoyed and upset when meetings went too long and cutting into my 3rd meal of 6. When the meeting ended, I hurried up and ate. Disaster avoided.

Now I eat two meals a day, work out fasted at 6am, don't eat until 12 noon. I take BCAA before workout, but sometimes don't take it afterwards. My energy is the highest ever. I was never a morning person, sometimes crawling out of bed at 11am on the weekends. Not anymore.

jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    any info on supps breaking fast or do they get a pass?
    Things like Multi, omegas, Glucosamine, bronkaid, yohimbine, L-tryosine, caffeine pills, ect
    mostly those Im curious about if they should only be used in the eating window or is it ok to take them outside the window as well

hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jd408 View Post
    Things like Multi, omegas, Glucosamine, bronkaid, yohimbine, L-tryosine, caffeine pills, ect
    mostly those Im curious about if they should only be used in the eating window or is it ok to take them outside the window as well
    You should be fine with those. Not sure about omegas though. I assume fish oil. But then that's only 1-2 grams. Not that big of a deal.

ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jd408 View Post
    I think the only one in the group would be the fish oil (omega-3) since it has calories, the others no.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the ILLUSION of knowlegde! - Stephen Hawking

Tampa, FL
    NSCA CSCS, BS
    twitter @maxwellob

jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd408 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good to hear, thanks guys. been wanting to up Glucosamine for sure.
    also will start taking multi soon as I get out of bed in the morning now without the worry.
    I'll just do the fish oils during my eating window

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been IF'ing for a good month now and absolutely love it. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this as I just recently have begun to:

I can legitimately go 20 hours now without feeling like I need to eat. I've done it just to experiment, but I say this just to show that I don't really get the excessive feelings of hunger I did before IF. But I notice that if I drink a lot of fluid in the morning (specifically, a good 16 fl. oz. of green tea), that I get ridiculously hungry. I've done this a few times and notice that each time I do, I feel far more hungry.

Anyone else relate to this or have any sort of explanation?

Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seer00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post
    I've been IF'ing for a good month now and absolutely love it. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this as I just recently have begun to:

I can legitimately go 20 hours now without feeling like I need to eat. I've done it just to experiment, but I say this just to show that I don't really get the excessive feelings of hunger I did before IF. But I notice that if I drink a lot of fluid in the morning (specifically, a good 16 fl. oz. of green tea), that I get ridiculously hungry. I've done this a few times and notice that each time I do, I feel far more hungry.

Is it plain green tea or are you adding sugar, honey, and or milk/cream? Do you notice it if it is just water instead of tea?

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Seer00 View Post
    Is it plain green tea or are you adding sugar, honey, and or milk/cream? Do you notice it if it is just water instead of tea?
    Straight up green tea - nothing added.

I haven't had 16 oz. of just water immediately in the morning like I do tea. If anything just a gulp or two. Maybe I'll try water tomorrow and see what happens

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Straight up green tea - nothing added.

I haven't had 16 oz. of just water immediately in the morning like I do tea. If anything just a gulp or two. Maybe I'll try water tomorrow and see what happens
    Most of my beverages are caffeinated during fasting.
    Caffeine pretty much wipes out any feelings of hunger.
    ALso try a shot of apple cider vinegar if it happens.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Most of my beverages are caffeinated during fasting.
    Caffeine pretty much wipes out any feelings of hunger.
    ALso try a shot of apple cider vinegar if it happens.
    funny you mentioned that.... i would recommend anyone coming off the 6 meals a day and switching to IF to take a shot of raw ACV before their food b/c it will help with the food load and nutrient assimilation as well as digestion

aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000)

I've actually had the same issue. If I drink anything other then water, I get hungry in the afternoon. I usually drink decaf green tea though, so no hunger suppression from the caffeine.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you guys limit carbs on non-workout days?
    LOGIC / emotion = CONTROL

Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danco3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BIGrob84 View Post
    Do you guys limit carbs on non-workout days?
    yes
    lower carbs on non resistance days
    higher on resistance days

Don't make everyday a resistance day.... so lower really on rest days
    Dan-

www.warriorinshape.com

Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a few questions as I have just ordered the Warrior Diet book.

1. What is the prime difference between IF and Warrior Diet?

2. I've been reading that's it's better to have a fast day once or twice a week rather than every day. Is this accurate?

3. If #2 is accurate, on a fast day do I work out in the afternoon or evening, an hour before I eat?

4. Can I combine the Warrior Diet with CKD for maximum effects?

5. Would a weekly carb up with CKD affect the Warrior Diet?

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sith Emperor View Post

2. I've been reading that's it's better to have a fast day once or twice a week rather than every day. Is this accurate?

3. If #2 is accurate, on a fast day do I work out in the afternoon or evening, an hour before I eat?

1. My understanding is that the warrior diet allows you to have small snacks during the day. Also, I think certain foods are restricted, wheras IF is simply a meal frequency pattern.

2. IF is everyday.

Don't know enough about keto or the warrior diet to answer the rest. Maybe you should find a warrior dier thread.

Originally Posted by Sith Emperor View Post

Hello. It seems you have your IF's confused. Don't worry it can be confusing at first. Read here for a quick summary: http://www.leangains.com/2008/06/bri...oaches-to.html

In this thread we are talking about the "Leangains" Approach to Intermittent fasting. Feel free to read thought the other posts in this thread. There is a ton of information. The basic guide is here: http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

There's a thread here on the Warrior diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113316481

Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sith Emperor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello. It seems you have your IF's confused. Don't worry it can be confusing at first. Read here for a quick summary: http://www.leangains.com/2008/06/bri...oaches-to.html

In this thread we are talking about the "Leangains" Approach to Intermittent fasting. Feel free to read thought the other posts in this thread. There is a ton of information. The basic guide is here: http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

There's a thread here on the Warrior diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113316481
    Thanks for the information, going to read up on that. But would my questions being less valid if I have the IFs confused? I mean would there be different answers depending on whether I do a 20/4 Warrior Diet or a 16/8 IF diet?

Closed Thread
Page 271 of 337 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast