Closed Thread
Page 244 of 337 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,320 of 10105
    tylderdurden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi guys, I'm trying to do the body recomp, but I don't think I'm quite getting it right.

With a height of 5' 11" and weight of 180, I've figured out my maintenance is about 2300-2400 a day (used both the Total metabolism calculator and martin's body weight * 13).

So as far as I know, protocol is 1.5g protein/lb of body weight = 270g a day.

On workout days, eat maintenance + 20%. On non workout days, eat maintenance divided by 2.

That gives me numbers of 2880 and 1200. Assuming I work out 3x a week, that's about a pound off a week.

My question is - how in the world do I eat 270g of protein on my 1200 calorie days? Assuming I eat 9 cans of tuna for 275g of protein, I'd still be over at 1252 calories and that's just completely unrealistic.

Somethings not quite adding up for me here.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LDU View Post
    Thanks determined4000 and doctapeppa,

so some of the main advantages are not needing to eat every 2/3hours and improved nutritent partitioning, less lean mass loss cutting, less fat gain bulking?

Im new to IF so sorry if ive missed something big.
    No it isnt magic
    Size of deficit/surplus and workouts will determine fat loss/muscle gain
    Convenience and lifestyle is the main benefit
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by tylderdurden View Post
    hi guys, I'm trying to do the body recomp, but I don't think I'm quite getting it right.

With a height of 5' 11" and weight of 180, I've figured out my maintenance is about 2300-2400 a day (used both the Total metabolism calculator and martin's body weight * 13).

So as far as I know, protocol is 1.5g protein/lb of body weight = 270g a day.

On workout days, eat maintenance + 20%. On non workout days, eat maintenance divided by 2.

That gives me numbers of 2880 and 1200. Assuming I work out 3x a week, that's about a pound off a week.

My question is - how in the world do I eat 270g of protein on my 1200 calorie days? Assuming I eat 9 cans of tuna for 275g of protein, I'd still be over at 1252 calories and that's just completely unrealistic.

Somethings not quite adding up for me here.
    you should not be eating 1200 under maintenance regularly, especially when recomping
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    you should not be eating 1200 under maintenance regularly, especially when recomping
    What should my target be?

I'm guesstimating my bf% to be around 20% so assuming I dont gain lean mass, I have about 10% * 180 = 18 lbs to lose.

Maybe I'm on the wrong protocol? I don't know.

What should my target be?

I'm guesstimating my bf% to be around 20% so assuming I dont gain lean mass, I have about 10% * 180 = 18 lbs to lose.

Maybe I'm on the wrong protocol? I don't know.
    Id probably suggest cutting at 20%bf not recoming
    Eat 500 below maintenance on off days, around maintenance to slightly less on workout days
    Founder of MMDELAD

Id probably suggest cutting at 20%bf not recoming
    Eat 500 below maintenance on off days, around maintenance to slightly less on workout days
    I was under the impression that recomping was losing fat and gaining muscle. Is that not what I want?

I was under the impression that recomping was losing fat and gaining muscle. Is that not what I want?
    in a perfect world, yes
    BUt most of the time you cant lower your BF more than a few % on a recomp and I assume you would eventually like a BFlower than 18-20
    Recomps would be reserved more for people with lower starting BF
    Founder of MMDELAD

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in a perfect world, yes
    BUt most of the time you cant lower your BF more than a few % on a recomp and I assume you would eventually like a BFlower than 18-20
    x2 - you're overweight and need to cut. I think at 18-20% a more than 500 calorie deficit is appropriate, maybe 750 or so.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

in a perfect world, yes
    Gotcha.

So with that in mind, again, assuming maintenance is 2400, I'm going to aim for this then:

2300 on workout days
    1700 on non-workout days

Deficit each week - 3100.

Now if I wanted to accelerate that fat loss to 2 lbs a week, I don't think going down to 1800 and 1200 cal a day would work very well for me, so add 4 days a week of LISS cardio as per what martin recommends (I'd alternate with lifting days).

Oh sorry and a refeed every 2 weeks.

It looks reasonable to me as a plan for getting the calorie deficit, but I just want to make sure there isn't anything I'm completely missing here.

schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

o calorie dressing

Wish Bone has a really good raspberry vinagrette spray dressing 0 cals

ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Great Peri-workout supplementation

I have been experimenting with this protocol for the last few weeks and think it is very effective as my recovery has been enhanced and it goes perfectly with IF since I train fasted.

Pre-workout 10 Humapro or 10g of EAA's

Intra-workout: 10g of BCAA's

Post-workout : 5 Humapro or 5g of EAA's

30-60 minutes later: Assume mass feeding IF style til bedtime.

I know this protocol maybe nothing new, just sharing my experience since trying it. And if someone has an aversion to using one companies products then they can use any EAA's. I first heard of EAA theory from Milos Sarcev, this is just without the carbs.

Would like to hear others thoughts on this.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the ILLUSION of knowlegde! - Stephen Hawking

Tampa, FL
    NSCA CSCS, BS
    twitter @maxwellob

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    With all these supplements around there weren't much posts were people found some supplements extremely useful on this diet ,im not talking about the basics like vitamins & minerals , casein/whey protein, creatine , bcaa and others that Martin named ,

Are there any Other Supplements worth taking to get more out of I.F.
    drinu

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Supplements are supposed to supplement your diet when you're lacking.

If you can't get in protein then supplement it with a protein powder.
    If you don't get enough vitamins in your diet you may need to supplement with a specific vitamin or a multi.

IF is pretty much just like any other diet protocol it just manipulates the timing of meals so you don't feel like a squirrel nibbling on food all day and can focus on more important things such as living life rather than your stock in Tupperware.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its my 2nd day on IF, and its much easier than I thought. Hunger pains come and last for like 2 minutes, then go away. It definitely is hard to get food out of my head during the fast, because Im so used to thinking what meal I will have next. I love being able to get up, throw on some clothes, skip breakfast and head to class quicker than ever.

What are some of your meals you guys are eating? Im definitely having trouble finding a way to add the calories in 8 hrs. I mean its definitely possible, but Im trying to develop more ideas.

We'll see how this plays out, but so far, Im happy!!

doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by almightyares View Post
    Its my 2nd day on IF, and its much easier than I thought. Hunger pains come and last for like 2 minutes, then go away. It definitely is hard to get food out of my head during the fast, because Im so used to thinking what meal I will have next. I love being able to get up, throw on some clothes, skip breakfast and head to class quicker than ever.

What are some of your meals you guys are eating? Im definitely having trouble finding a way to add the calories in 8 hrs. I mean its definitely possible, but Im trying to develop more ideas.

Lots of chicken and fish or other lean meats, sweet potatoes, regular potato, rice, beans, whole wheat pasta, broccoli, green beans, quinoa, nut butters. Today my post workout was 14 oz of Mahi Mahi, 1/2 cup of quinoa, 1 cup of black beans, fat free cheese melted on top of the beans. Yum.

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I'm trying to eat more paleo foods, but I think overall I'd find a happy medium eating good clean foods. Today I'm going to eat some lightly breaded chicken with some steamed mixed veggies (broccoli, peppers, carrots) with some unsweetened tea and some greek yogurt with honey packed with blueberries. Might have this for 2 meals today, depending how much protein I have and calories.
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by almightyares View Post

Youre going to love it! Today I (off day) I had,
    9oz Chicken sauteed in 1/3 tbps EVOO in Salad w/ Parmesan, and 1/2C Oats, Banana, and 1 scoop UP2 protmeal.
    About to have 12 oz 96/4 GB w/ Swiss, bacon and an egg. Dont know about dinner. Youll get used to the combinations.
    "Excuses are fine by me because that makes it easier (for me) to get to the top." Even-Esh

doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deadfingers View Post
    Well I'm trying to eat more paleo foods, but I think overall I'd find a happy medium eating good clean foods. Today I'm going to eat some lightly breaded chicken with some steamed mixed veggies (broccoli, peppers, carrots) with some unsweetened tea and some greek yogurt with honey packed with blueberries. Might have this for 2 meals today, depending how much protein I have and calories.
    I'm pretty sure yogurt is not paleo, and neither is breading but that all sounds delicious. Good job.

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by doctapeppa View Post
    I'm pretty sure yogurt is not paleo, and neither is breading but that all sounds delicious. Good job.
    Yeah I know, actually I'm following more of a "Primal blueprint" type diet. None the less, like I said I'll find a happy medium. I'm not going to go full out Primal when I can't even cook in my current living situation. Today it's chicken, with veggies some yogurt and some fruit.

*Edit* Any high protein meals you guys eat regularly that you'd like to share? I have a problem meeting my protein needs through whole foods, but at the same time I don't want to sit down and eat a turkey to get my protein.
    Last edited by deadfingers; 09-08-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Yeah I know, actually I'm following more of a "Primal blueprint" type diet. None the less, like I said I'll find a happy medium. I'm not going to go full out Primal when I can't even cook in my current living situation. Today it's chicken, with veggies some yogurt and some fruit.

*Edit* Any high protein meals you guys eat regularly that you'd like to share? I have a problem meeting my protein needs through whole foods, but at the same time I don't want to sit down and eat a turkey to get my protein.
    I get all of my protein mainly from chicken breast, canned tuna, fish and my favorite, cottage cheese. I don't eat red meat or pork myself but lean cuts of pork and beef etc are great sources of protein as well.

Edit: here's what I had yesterday

meal1 post w/o at 11 am
    13 oz cooked chicken breast
    12.5 oz sweet potato with cinnamon and splenda sprinkled on top.
    1 flat out wrap rolled up

meal2 at 3 pm
    11.5 oz cooked chicken breast with salsa and a can of green beans

Meal 3 at about 6:45
    14 oz 1% cottage cheese
    5 oz light & fit yogurt
    1/2 cup blueberries
    35 grams Go-lean crunch
    20 grams emerald cocoa almonds
    1/2 cup rolled oats.
    all mixed together in a wonderful bowl of yumminess.

Macros:
    Calories 2398
    Protein 295 g
    Carbs 179g
    Fat 47 g
    Last edited by doctapeppa; 09-08-2010 at 03:21 PM.

egg omelet with FF Cheese/CC
    Replace starches with beans
    Greek yogurt
    add LF cheese to sandwiches
    TVP
    Replace oats/normal cereal with Go Lean or Special K Protein Plus
    Vary up the meat and spices used so it doesnt taste the same all the time
    Founder of MMDELAD

Welcome to the gun show jenmendez89's Avatar
    jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000) jenmendez89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I get all of my protein mainly from chicken breast, canned tuna, fish and my favorite, cottage cheese. I don't eat red meat or pork myself but lean cuts of pork and beef etc are great sources of protein as well.

meal1 post w/o at 11 am

meal2 at 3 pm

14 oz 1% cottage cheese
    5 oz light & fit yogurt
    1/2 cup blueberries
    35 grams Go-lean crunch
    1/2 cup rolled oats.

Macros:
    Calories 2398
    Protein 295 g
    Carbs 179g
    Fat 47 g
    Meal 3 is my favorite! But mine beats yours bc I have PB
    Fab & Fit ;D

.:.Time to get lean.:.

http://fitgirlfoodie.wordpress.com/

∆--Be the Change--∆ The Big Sleep's Avatar
    The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)

Trouble eating enough

Started IF today, following the fasted training protocol a la Martin's site. I had TONS of energy today and I can tell that fasted training might finally be my wake up call; my mind was clear, body was revved, and I wasn't worried about digestion, blood-sugar levels or yada yada yada.

However, Im wondering how long it takes to get used to eating so much in the 8 hour window? My PWO meal was about 80g carb, 70g protein, and 20g fat and Im stuffed! I have no clue how Im going to hit my macros in the next 2 meals. Do you guys just kind of force it down the first couple of days until your body adapts to the bigger meals?
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

http://www.haleo.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html

Like Us On ********: http://tinyurl.com/HaleoFB

http://muscle-primer.com

•A mind too active is no mind at all•

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep View Post
    Started IF today, following the fasted training protocol a la Martin's site. I had TONS of energy today and I can tell that fasted training might finally be my wake up call; my mind was clear, body was revved, and I wasn't worried about digestion, blood-sugar levels or yada yada yada.

However, Im wondering how long it takes to get used to eating so much in the 8 hour window? My PWO meal was about 80g carb, 70g protein, and 20g fat and Im stuffed! I have no clue how Im going to hit my macros in the next 2 meals. Do you guys just kind of force it down the first couple of days until your body adapts to the bigger meals?
    My first day was tough. I was stuffed and unable to move for a while after a 1300 calorie meal. It felt worse than if I had binged. I know how you feel. The second large post workout meal I had I had 2 scoops of protein powder so that I could get it all in and it was definitely a bit easier. By the 4th or 5 large workout meal It became much easier to stomach all this and I dropped the protein shake completely. I now have absolutely no problem downing a 1200 calories healthy, whole food meal and look forward to my pwo's. It definitely gets easier.

Dense food:
    nuts, pb, oils, oats, granola, whey, raisins

I mean, its not that hard if you really are willing to eat dense food.
    You could get in 2000 calories throwing a couple of scoops of protein in a shake with honey and olive oil for carbs and fat if you really wanted to (not that you would)
    Founder of MMDELAD

dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You'll get used to it. I just started eating more calorie dense foods.

meal1 post w/o at 11 am

meal2 at 3 pm

14 oz 1% cottage cheese
    5 oz light & fit yogurt
    1/2 cup blueberries
    35 grams Go-lean crunch
    1/2 cup rolled oats.

Macros:
    Calories 2398
    Protein 295 g
    Carbs 179g
    Fat 47 g
    Thanks! Although how does that equate to 295g of protein? Also, why are you taking that much? I'm about 170lbs last I checked and I've been taking in like 160g (on good days). Is there any benefit to taking that much more protein?

On a side note, never going to buy pre-made food from Whole Foods anymore. I've done it twice ,and been disappointed both times. Eating some breaded chicken and it has no flavor at all. Fuuu. Going to get some roast beef and some brisket tomorrow for my meals.

Edit* Does anyone buy supps from true protein? I'd like to have a nice mix of BCAAs again, bought through them before so I know it's good stuff, just wasn't sure what flavors are good for BCAAs. I'm not a fan of sucralose, but I'd like to have a flavored BCAA drink similar to Extend (with about half the sweetness). Honestly I'd love to have something that tastes like EAA Nitro without all the dextrose.
    Last edited by deadfingers; 09-08-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks! Although how does that equate to 295g of protein? Also, why are you taking that much? I'm about 170lbs last I checked and I've been taking in like 160g (on good days). Is there any benefit to taking that much more protein?

On a side note, never going to buy pre-made food from Whole Foods anymore. I've done it twice ,and been disappointed both times. Eating some breaded chicken and it has no flavor at all. Fuuu. Going to get some roast beef and some brisket tomorrow for my meals.
    1. Protein should be 1-1.5g/lb minimum
    2. Dont buy prepared foods. You pay 2x as much for half the food.
    3. Stick with bonelss skinless fresh chicken breasts and buy some vinegar and seasonings.
    Founder of MMDELAD

Edit* Does anyone buy supps from true protein? I'd like to have a nice mix of BCAAs again, bought through them before so I know it's good stuff, just wasn't sure what flavors are good for BCAAs. I'm not a fan of sucralose, but I'd like to have a flavored BCAA drink similar to Extend (with about half the sweetness). Honestly I'd love to have something that tastes like EAA Nitro without all the dextrose.
    Protein is very filling. I was eating about 170 grams a day until I started doing IF and now eat this amount under martin's advice and have never been happier. I stay full round the clock and my fat loss is awesome. It's 295 grams of protein because those are very large servings of chicken and that's almost a pound of cottage cheese.

I don't eat pre-made food unless I'm cheating. Cooking chicken breast is ridiculously easy, cheap and quick. Get yourself some spices and experiment. Start off with "complete" type spices and sprinkle some on your piece of uncooked chicken and just put it on a pan with like a tsp of olive oil and cook till it looks done. Better yet, Get yourself a George Foreman Grill!

I use unflavored BCAA from optimum nutrition and drink it with some crystal light. Some days it's fruit punch and others it's raspberry lemonade but some days I'm in the mood for Orange Sunrise Classic. I'm crazy like that.

∆--Be the Change--∆ The Big Sleep's Avatar
    The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dense food:
    nuts, pb, oils, oats, granola, whey, raisins

I mean, its not that hard if you really are willing to eat dense food.
    You could get in 2000 calories throwing a couple of scoops of protein in a shake with honey and olive oil for carbs and fat if you really wanted to (not that you would)
    Peanut Butter and Whey are my saviors right now but I hate liquid meals so I prefer to cook my whey into little muffins or mix it in oats. How do you guys get your veggies in? I actually LIKE my green veggies but Im finding it counter productive to eat spinach and broccoli because I get way too full way too fast.

My first day was tough. I was stuffed and unable to move for a while after a 1300 calorie meal. It felt worse than if I had binged. I know how you feel. The second large post workout meal I had I had 2 scoops of protein powder so that I could get it all in and it was definitely a bit easier. By the 4th or 5 large workout meal It became much easier to stomach all this and I dropped the protein shake completely. I now have absolutely no problem downing a 1200 calories healthy, whole food meal and look forward to my pwo's. It definitely gets easier.
    I feel ya, I just finished my second meal and it feels "slightly" better but man Im really having to pile the food in to my bodies limit it feels like.

Originally Posted by dustinh6719 View Post
    You'll get used to it. I just started eating more calorie dense foods.
    Ill have to find some recipes that pack some serious calories to help with hitting my numbers
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

http://www.haleo.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html

Like Us On ********: http://tinyurl.com/HaleoFB

http://muscle-primer.com

•A mind too active is no mind at all•

Closed Thread
Page 244 of 337 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 ... LastLast