Closed Thread
Page 190 of 337 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,700 of 10105
    Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LMAO

@ The solution: this is like the third time now in a row that you've taken something determined4000's said, told him he's said the opposite of what he's saying, and then started whacking your own strawman.

I'm not sure why some people see nutrition as a "battle" that they have to engage in, but to each his own. That being said, you should at least read d4000's posts before you start throwing flames around.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    LMAO

@ The solution: this is like the third time now in a row that you've taken something determined4000's said, told him he's said the opposite of what he's saying, and then started whacking your own strawman.

I'm not sure why some people see nutrition as a "battle" that they have to engage in, but to each his own. That being said, you should at least read d4000's posts before you start throwing flames around.
    thanks
    if anyone else had said what I did he wouldn't have argued

PS-tried to hit you with some reps but cant
    Last edited by determined4000; 03-27-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

I luv Demi Lovato! U mad? Skullaway's Avatar
    Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anyone got a journal or post that shows a typical day of intermittent fasting.

Reps if you do.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Skullaway View Post

Reps if you do.
    I'm thinking about starting one soon. Stay tuned.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reps if you do.
    I have a workout journal, but i do not post my meal plan, if you want some ideas just shoot me a PM. I am currently bulking and in taking around 3500-4000 calories in a 4-6 hour window.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My body has adjusted to the new eating schedule. It took me less than a week.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain

mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    I have a workout journal, but i do not post my meal plan, if you want some ideas just shoot me a PM. I am currently bulking and in taking around 3500-4000 calories in a 4-6 hour window.
    Just read about your recent experience in the writeup about you on leangains... congrats.
    For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me STRENGTH (Philippians 4:13)

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

A thankyou to BodyBuilding MythBusters:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121116421

Originally Posted by mneugeba View Post
    Just read about your recent experience in the writeup about you on leangains... congrats.
    Thanks man, glad you enjoyed my article. Martin did a fantastic job with it, and it just goes to show what can happen when you stay consistent and dedicated to a program in training and diet.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Thanks man, glad you enjoyed my article. Martin did a fantastic job with it, and it just goes to show what can happen when you stay consistent and dedicated to a program in training and diet.
    Impressive
    I have never seen anyone able to put on that much weight, increase their lifts that much and put on so little bodyfat.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im considering trying this out as it might make my life alot easier.

quick questions tho

1. I have some xtend, would this be beneficial just to sip 1-2 scoops during the fasting?

2. is it recommended you eat before you lift? or whats the scoop with that?

3. Would running Lean xtreme be beneficial during IF'ing?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by SwoleMeat; 03-30-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Originally Posted by SwoleMeat View Post
    Im considering trying this out as it might make my life alot easier.

quick questions tho

1. I have some xtend, would this be beneficial just to sip 1-2 scoops during the fasting?

2. is it recommended you eat before you lift? or whats the scoop with that?

3. Would running Lean xtreme be beneficial during IF'ing?

Thanks for the help!
    1. Take it during your workout
    2. You can if you want, if you lift fasted take Xtend Pre/Intra
    3. Why not? Take it during your meals.

ialwayslose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone have any suggestions where i can get sample daily meal plans for people trying to lose weight / make lean gains while doing IF?

logs etc.

thanks!

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a question for Martin and I don't know if this has been addressed or not but I can't find a definitive answer for it. The author of the book Eat Stop Eat, Brad Pilon, recommends periods of 24 hour fasting sporadically through the week. Your approach calls for a continuous cycle of 16 hour fast, 8 hours off. I was wondering what was the benefit to your approach versus his, or if they are based off of personal tastes but producing similar results. Thanks

Its all about Performance CMRCrider's Avatar
    CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive been following Martins approach for the last 2 month and Ive gained back about 5lbs in the process with very little bodyfat. Lifts have gone up substantially and are continuing to do so. Ive tried the 4-6 meal a day thing, but this diet knocks its socks off.

Ive found one of the biggest benefits of this diet is its social aspect. I no longer care about having the x meals spaced x amount of hours apart and given my profession, its hard to gaurantee that. One meal Pre-Wo, One Post-Wo and another at the end of the 8hr window and Im full. On off days or weekends, I graze on Protien throughout the day and enjoy eating whatever I want with friends when out at night.

Thanks Martin, youve really solved a huge piece of the puzzle for me!
    "Get comfortable with the uncomfortable"

Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OK, after reading on the www.leangains.com blog I learned this.

For fat loss

Wake up 6am

preworkout 9:30-10am = 10g BCAA powder

WORKOUT 10-11am

Eat 3 meals (within my calorie limits) between 11am-7pm

Go to sleep 9pm

Right?

ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein per meal

Question for Martin,

On IF, I understand we need to get our 1g/lb of Protein, my question is, when we do this in 2-4 feedings, can the body assimilate 60-100g every 2 hours? I know you have thoroughly studied IF and have many references, just wondering if you have any that pertain to this. I have seen studies where the protein synthetic response did not increase as the amount of protein went over 30g. Thank you,

John

OK, after reading on the www.leangains.com blog I learned this.

For fat loss

Wake up 6am

preworkout 9:30-10am = 10g BCAA powder

WORKOUT 10-11am

Eat 3 meals (within my calorie limits) between 11am-7pm

Go to sleep 9pm

Right?
    Have an eating window anytime for 8 hours, if you want to train fasted go for it, take BCAA's prior as you have listed, if not have a pre-workout meal before hand and that starts your feeding window.

You can eat as many meals as you want in the 8 hour eating window. Fast at least 16 hours before starting your eating window, whenever you end it (within the 8 hours or less) starts the time you count for 16 hours before opening it again.

Mine varies everyday because somedays I fast for 20 hours, sometimes 18. Just as long as you get your kcals in during the 24 hour span (16+ hours of fasting - the hours for eating)

Have an eating window anytime for 8 hours, if you want to train fasted go for it, take BCAA's prior as you have listed, if not have a pre-workout meal before hand and that starts your feeding window.

You can eat as many meals as you want in the 8 hour eating window. Fast at least 16 hours before starting your eating window, whenever you end it (within the 8 hours or less) starts the time you count for 16 hours before opening it again.

Mine varies everyday because somedays I fast for 20 hours, sometimes 18. Just as long as you get your kcals in during the 24 hour span (16+ hours of fasting - the hours for eating)
    Sounds good.

I think I will experiment with a pre workout meal and the BCAA only to see what works for me.

Thanks, check you later........

jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Two and a half week into IF and I have to say...Fasting is too damn easy. I go to sleep at 11-12pm and work out at 7pm, and the first thing I eat (not counting the BCAA just before workout) is at 8pm.

So my fast is twenty hours, and during that time I don't feel hungry at all, the first week or so my hands would get extremely cold, but that seemed to have stopped. Honestly it feels like I could've fasted much longer if I want to.

The only thing that's mildly difficult is cram down all that calories in 4 hours.

Originally Posted by jxd View Post

The only thing that's mildly difficult is cram down all that calories in 4 hours.
    Just densen up your food choices
    PB, nuts, oil on veggies and starches for fat
    granola, oats (raw or cooked), dried fruit
    eggs, shakes, cheese
    Founder of MMDELAD

Ana_Bolika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ob205 View Post
    Question for Martin,

On IF, I understand we need to get our 1g/lb of Protein, my question is, when we do this in 2-4 feedings, can the body assimilate 60-100g every 2 hours? I know you have thoroughly studied IF and have many references, just wondering if you have any that pertain to this. I have seen studies where the protein synthetic response did not increase as the amount of protein went over 30g. Thank you,

John
    Good comment. Would be cool if someone could clarify...

Had my first fasted workout yesterday. 17 hours after my last meal with only two scoops of Purple Wraath and a Clearshot in my belly, I pulled 455 x 5.

Talking

Did my first fasted workout today with 10g BCAA powder beforehand.

Shoulders + arms + 40 minutes walking outside.

No problems whatsoever.

Except the BCAA powder taste nasty. Put a scoop in my mouth and put some water in with it, swish and swallowed. Then took another scoop for 10g total. Gross!!

When I think about it, fasting for 16 hours is the same as just skipping breakfast. Easy!

I tried the Warrior diet and that was way more difficult to sustain.

mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ob205 View Post
    Question for Martin,

John
    I can't answer that, but I can ask you to read this:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/
    For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me STRENGTH (Philippians 4:13)

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

A thankyou to BodyBuilding MythBusters:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121116421

Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Had my first fasted workout yesterday. 17 hours after my last meal with only two scoops of Purple Wraath and a Clearshot in my belly, I pulled 455 x 5.
    On such an empty stomach did the supplements have a really pronounced effect? Im really curious about trying this diet plan out; it seems to go supplement life very well. Compared to eating 6 to 8 times a day.

Research Associate adoboandryce's Avatar
    adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did a 1-scoop whey pre-wo (otherwise fasted) workout today. I didn't hit any new PR's unfortunately. I like the increased mental focus, but I don't think it helps any with absolute strength. At least based on my one experience.

Will continue to try it out a little more though.

L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.1.3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by adoboandryce View Post
    I did a 1-scoop whey pre-wo (otherwise fasted) workout today. I didn't hit any new PR's unfortunately. I like the increased mental focus, but I don't think it helps any with absolute strength. At least based on my one experience.

Will continue to try it out a little more though.
    Next time don't actually consume whey instead just use up 10g of BCAA right before a workout and thats it rest of it will be water during your workout.

Whey pre-wo doesnt feel right its almost like having a small meal which negates the benefits of fasted training to me.
    Last edited by L.1.3; 04-02-2010 at 04:43 PM.

spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    holy **** man, I take it you were doing the IF carb cycling route? Damn son, if I can get that kind of progress going on I would be so happy. Then again my BF aint exactly lean right now. Much congrats.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to The Solution again.
    [IIFYM]
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    ΣΦΕ

Official Supp Misc Beer Ticker

spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BTW, to this thread: I am currently bulking using IF. Going pretty well, in the beginning I gained some fat till I found the right calorie levels. I am not too overly upset about that fact though. Bob(The Solution) laid me out a nice Carb Cycling Macro split that I am using. I currently eat whatever the hell I want(literally, within cals of course) during the window. Its been about 2.5 months, and:

Squats: 175 x 6 > 205 x 5
    Bench press: 155 x 6 > 195 x 6
    Deadlifts: max of 295 > max of 325

all the accessory work went up pretty good as well. Oh and another note is the leg press: 440 x 8 > 510 X 10
    [IIFYM]
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    ΣΦΕ

Official Supp Misc Beer Ticker

KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just threw in a day of IF on Wed. of this week randomly, and then did a mini-fast the next day until 1 o'clock. It was my first time trying it, and I wanted to wait to post my results on here until the first time I lifted to make sure I didn't see any drastic decrease in strength that would explain any weight loss. The results?

In one day, I dropped 3 lbs (258 to 255), and went from using the 2nd/3rd belt loop to easily the 3rd and could still use the 4th.

I already didn't eat until noon every day, and I never was a big fan of breakfast, so fasting isn't hard for me at all. I do notice that I'm slightly hotter or even feverish/sweating throughout the fast, I hope that's from increased fat oxidation or something like that.

As far as the gym goes, I didn't notice any real loss in strength. 295 for 5 on bench was a bit tough, but that's been a trend from before IF, and I was able to hit 385 for 5 on the bench, my new high for this program.

All in all, I think IF is a great tool that I can use to at least not feel guilty about that slice of pizza and one beer I had on Wednesday, or whatever else I feel like having a little bit of. That alone would be worth it. Add in the possible benefit of accelerated fat loss and I'm totally sold.

Closed Thread
Page 190 of 337 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 ... LastLast