Das Wissen verpflichtet! wicked2night's Avatar
    wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too many calories in one meal?

What would you say is the caloric limit of a regular meal, meaning not post workout.
    I'm 6'5 and weight 205lbs, so what would be the max. cal's for my breakfast? Yes, again the big picture comes into plan, but the previus day was a regular day and i got all the cal's that i needed. And 30min. after the breakfast i'm going to gym.
    I'm planing on having a breakfast of 877kcal,90Kcals come from a spoon of flaxoil and 95kcal come from mixed fruit and vegetables that i drink with my multivitamins. Now the rest in kcal is the regular meal i would eat any other time in a day. But every breakfast i add oil and my fruit shake, and this now get me into kcal numbers where i have to think am i doing it the right way?
    Pain is my game! (I now recall this statement, as I'm fed up with pain)
    Never satisfied !

PROUD WINNER of the Scivation/Primaforce transformation contest:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=609340[/url]

****, I was away for too long! There is bunch of ladies arround now.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It doesn't matter too much, provided you stay within your caloric limits. A big meal just provides a slow release into the bloodstream. I eat like 3300+ kcal a day so I eat a 800-1000 kcal breakfast, and I have never seen any negative effects.

On workout days I workout about 1-1.5 hours after waking so I eat a small 500-600 kcal meal before the workout, then my pwo shake, then a 700-900 kcal ppwo meal, then a 700-800 kcal Lunch and a small snack in the arvo and then a 600-700 kcal supper. I feel it's important to eat alot of kcals around the workout, especially if you're trying to bulk. These are also the times I'm most hungry so I figure I may as well make them my biggest meals and just have a snack in the afternoon like a turkey sandwich or something when I am not as hungry.

On non workout days I just eat a huge breakfast, then the rest of my meals are a little more even in size.

I guess it comes down to personal preference, goals, and overall caloric intake.
    Last edited by Steve_W; 11-13-2004 at 06:04 AM.

kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50) kakaroto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there are no limits for your meals calories.

althou, you have to make all your meals eqaul on calories.
    thats is to say dont eat one extremely big meal then a small one then a moderate one and son on.

all your meals must be equal, the calori limit it is made by your daily calorie needs.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kakaroto
    there are no limits for your meals calories.

althou, you have to make all your meals eqaul on calories.
    thats is to say dont eat one extremely big meal then a small one then a moderate one and son on.

all your meals must be equal, the calori limit it is made by your daily calorie needs.
    Wtf are you talking about?

You need more calories before/after activity than when you are chilling doing not much.

Breakfast should also be larger than your other meals.

wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wicked2night has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Steve_W you said that you eat a 500-600Kcal breakfast if you are having a workout 1-1.5h later, right?
    Now i'll be taking in almost 900kcal and that only 30min before training, is that bad? I'll work on my chest(goal is clean bulking) and usually my stomach wasen't sensitive if i was full and worked out. So would it have any kind of negative effects on my workout or on my muscle building?
    Never satisfied !

That's too much dude. You don't want a huge load in your gut whilst you're working out. Cut that meal down and save the rest of those calories for pwo and ppwo!

For a regular breakfast that's fine, or if you're working out 2 hours after breakfast, but for 30mins you'll probably want something liquidy. Maybe a shake with oats and whey, and a banana? Just enough protein and carbs to get you going..workout, have your pwo shake, then your post pwo meal.

Damn your quick to respond! Thanks.
    This meal was planed for tomorows breakfast, so now i'll eat one half before my workout and the other half during the day.

But technicly why would the huge load be bad during the workout?I certanly don't feel any different.
    Never satisfied !

Basically just because the larger the meal, the slower the release of nutrients into your bloodsteam which you don't really want before a workout. It can leave you feeling a little sluggish.