DC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

triceps and biceps on same day

Well not to long ago I started working out. I work out 5 days a week. I do legs one day and my arms the other. Well I heard that it isnt good for you to do your triceps and biceps in the same day; that it really doesnt help you. Well I was just wondering if there was any truth to this, for I work my triceps and biceps together in the same day.

SportzFreak25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive herd that too...so i seperate the days...ive heard that doin both on the same day can end up over training your arms...doing exercises for both of em on the same day...im not sure though...i so i just take it safely and do them on different days,....it works for me...
    12-8-02
    Stats-Cold

Height:5'8"
    Weight:140
    Arms: Bicep Flexed-12.5 in.
    Tricep Flexed- 11 in.
    Waist: 29 in.
    Calves: 13.75 in.
    Legs: 19 in.
    Chest: 35.5 in.
    Shoulders: 43.5
    Forearms: 11 in. (1 inch below elbow)
    Neck: 13.75 in.

Goals for 12-8-03

Weight: 155-165
    Arms: Bicep Flexed- 13.5 in.
    Tricep Flexed- 12 in.
    Waist: 30 in.
    Calves: 15 in.
    Legs: 22 in.
    Chest: 37.5 in.
    Shoulders: 46
    Forearms: 11.5 in. (1 inch below elbow)
    Neck: 14.5 in.

tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i do both on the same day, why the **** not? do you train hams and quads on the same day? what about back and traps? theyre 2 totally different muscles, ive been doign it since day 1, gained 4 inches on my arms. in the first 7-8 months
    "it would be wicked to be an animal, you would'nt even have to worry about making plans."
    -kevin commerford

SportzFreak25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that might work for you but a lot of people dont work the biceps and triceps on the same day...your biceps get work when you train the triceps and your triceps get work when you work your biceps...so you dont really need to train them on the same day...but if that works for you...then it works....im just sayin that i dont do it that way
    12-8-02
    Stats-Cold

Height:5'8"
    Weight:140
    Arms: Bicep Flexed-12.5 in.
    Tricep Flexed- 11 in.
    Waist: 29 in.
    Calves: 13.75 in.
    Legs: 19 in.
    Chest: 35.5 in.
    Shoulders: 43.5
    Forearms: 11 in. (1 inch below elbow)
    Neck: 13.75 in.

Goals for 12-8-03

Weight: 155-165
    Arms: Bicep Flexed- 13.5 in.
    Tricep Flexed- 12 in.
    Waist: 30 in.
    Calves: 15 in.
    Legs: 22 in.
    Chest: 37.5 in.
    Shoulders: 46
    Forearms: 11.5 in. (1 inch below elbow)
    Neck: 14.5 in.

Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hahahaha, i do biceps and triceps on the same day and i love the pump it get especially when supersetting the muscles, it feels so awesome, and the results are exellent.

jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by SportzFreak25
    that might work for you but a lot of people dont work the biceps and triceps on the same day...your biceps get work when you train the triceps and your triceps get work when you work your biceps...so you dont really need to train them on the same day...but if that works for you...then it works....im just sayin that i dont do it that way
    Your triceps also get work when you do chest, but I guarantee there are a bunch of people here that work Chest / Triceps together. What's the problem with that?

Doing bi's and tri's on the same day is perfectly fine. Your bi's are only indirectly being worked when you do tri's and vice versa.
    Its the same as doing quads/hams same day...back/traps same day....chest/ delts same day....chest/ tri's same day...you get the point. Are you telling me you people never have your splits contain any of the variations I just listed?
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"