Buff_Ass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tom Platz' Leg Routine

I am using his routine for thighs, and it is the best routine for legs I've ever tried. It kills, after I'm done I can't even walk

Squats: 8-10 sets, 5-20 reps
    Hack Squats: 5 sets, 10-15 reps
    Leg Extensions: 5-8 sets, 10-15 reps
    Lying Leg Curls: 6-10 sets, 10-15 reps

I got this from the October 2004 issue of FLEX. I give all the credit to them. Try this routine you'll love it!
    NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!

Height: 6' 3"
    Weight: 203
    Bodyfat: 15.1%

Measurements:

Waist: 35"
    Chest: 44"
    Biceps: 15"
    Quads: 25"
    Calves: 18"

black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unless you are on steroids, you will not last long with that routine.
    no pain

Buff_Ass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are so wrong, I did everything! You just aren't dedicated enough
    NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!

Height: 6' 3"
    Weight: 203
    Bodyfat: 15.1%

Measurements:

Waist: 35"
    Chest: 44"
    Biceps: 15"
    Quads: 25"
    Calves: 18"

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    u cant take routines out of flex everything in that magazine is for ppl who are on everything

those are WAY WAY to many sets unless u have all kinds of juice in you 2 handle and recover from that

black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50) black toned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aren't dedicated enough? I use to have an eating problem before I started bodybuilding. I had choked on a piece of shrimp and was scared ****less about dying at that moment. For about a year I went with eating limitedly and weighed like 125 pounds at over 5'10. I'm about 6'2 now but have gotten to around 162 pounds because of my dedication. I knew I couldn't lift without eating enough so I started and now I'm nearly over that eating thing.

FLEX and those other magazines has good info on supplements and dieting tips...workouts are not a good thing from them as all the guys are juiced up or very gifted.
    no pain

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if that routine is so amazing why isnt every pro bodybuilder following it?
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571

Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    flex magazine is a comic book as mike mentzer said. Train till failure to grow.

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tom Platz was Tom Platz. He did crazy **** with legs. He had out-of-this-world genetics for them. This is why black toned said you'd probably have to be on steroids to stay with that routine for long, has nothing to do with dedication. I am dedicated enough to follow Arnold's routines, that doesn't mean they'd benefit me.

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    even on roids, that routine is not good

Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by USMuscle9403
    Tom Platz was Tom Platz. He did crazy **** with legs. He had out-of-this-world genetics for them. This is why black toned said you'd probably have to be on steroids to stay with that routine for long, has nothing to do with dedication. I am dedicated enough to follow Arnold's routines, that doesn't mean they'd benefit me.
    man usmuscle9403... everytime im going to make a post in a thread your there with what im going to say..

must be because were so smart

LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    8 - 10 sets of squats.. i cant even move my legs by doing 5 sets of squats..
    Started: 114lbs
    Currently: 218lbs

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    ppft, that **** aint real.

Tom Platz did MORE than that for legs.
    He also used a certain number of weights and go none stop for like 5-10 minutes. I would like to see you try that.

And before his leg workouts, he used to ride a bike for miles (to get to the gym).
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Eat low-fat at your peril Max Protein's Avatar
    Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    While it is true that the legs are the largest muscle group in the entire body (glutes are the largest muscle if anyone's interested) and were designed for great endurance to carry man, that routine IS overkill. Tom Platz was a (possibly insane) pro who found he could work his legs to an extreme degree. I'd say he got that routine down after 10 or so years of training. You're 15 YEARS OLD. End of discussion.
    Keep up with your cardio work, as that helps to develop the legs as well, (jogging/cycling) about three times a week unless you're bulking, and use a routine like this (I'm using it and getting great results).

Squats: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10
    Leg Extensions (occassionally superset with Leg Curls): 3 sets of 15, 12, 12
    Leg Press (heavy): 3 sets of 12, 10, 10
    Stiff Legged Deadlift: 3 sets of 10
    Leg Curls: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10
    Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets of 15
    Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 15
    You gotta go through hell to get the body made in heaven.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---
    Training 4 years...165lbs @ 6.5% bodyfat

bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you are going to overtrain on that routine. do half the number of sets for all the exercises and stick with that.
    Extreme Dips Crew

Lifetime reps: FeralBeast

LittleStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LittleStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LittleStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LittleStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LittleStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tom Platz would squat 225lbs for 10 minutes, doing continuous reps w/o breaking....

Dude was a freak..

musclemando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

nice

i support buff etc.

this routine isnt too much volume. in fact tom platz did much more than this!

if you eat a lot of clean food. maybe around 4 to 5 thousand calories and have a day of rest before and after this you will be fine. he also advised against aerobics 24 hours prior to leg training excluding the bike ride(warm-up)

besides tom said to do this every 11-14 days.
    Thats two weeks! he would only work his legs every two weeks!

if you guys do this every week then of course you arent going to recover!

geez guys use your brains! or at least ur computer to do research!

Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000) Uberwaffle is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by bigcalves View Post
    even on roids, that routine is not good
    Yeah Tom Platz had terrible legs
    PRs
    Squat -- 455
    Bench -- 290
    Deadlift -- 565
    Overhead -- 185x3
    Power Clean -- 250

Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Uberwaffle View Post
    Yeah Tom Platz had terrible legs
    hahahhaha seriously! but no Tom Platz had the BEST legs to have ever walked this earth. no one will match him ever. look at his routine. it is freaky. sorry to say but most of you dont have the will power of Tom Platz. just watch him train and you will see that pain is more than a feeling to him, it is everything. i have a picture of him on my wall because when i go to train, i wanna train like him, and arnold. to the limit. and most people cant do the routine. not even the pros. thats why you wont see legs like his. it has nothing to do with steroids, because if it did you would see tons of tom platz legs walking around. the guy is a true legend that will be remembered for years. the closest i came to his workout was 10x10 squat with 245 each set (but i took as much rest as needed to recover. usually from 2-5 minutes) 5 sets of leg extension, and 5 sets of lying leg curl. and it will be a long time before i do that again. it was absolutely brutal.

shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by black toned View Post
    Unless you are on steroids, you will not last long with that routine.
    lmao are you retarded? I honestly wouldn't consider that even all that high of volume especially considering it's legs.
    anyways seems like a decent leg routine i would make sure to do at least 7+ sets of the laying leg curls to make sure you're getting adequte hamstring stimulation though