Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100)

life or death situation ... tracking ip address

Hi i was wondering is it possible for the cops to track an ip address used in the past and find the exact location. Like can someone explain this please i will be refreshing this every second for the next 3 hours so if anyone has any questions let me know but i need to try and not let someone track me from the past.
    Take advantage of every opportunity youll never know where itll lead you

Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    did something that was against the law?

C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100) C-4 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Anolis E
    did something that was against the law?
    not really just made threats but a cop is investiagting but is it possible for him to get the ip address and find my house address ... i was making threats thru a messenger service.

TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by C-4
    not really just made threats but a cop is investiagting but is it possible for him to get the ip address and find my house address ... i was making threats thru a messenger service.

Ahahaha, you E-Thug Cousin-****er. You were threatening someone through a messenger service? I don't think that's even technically illegal...just sad.

NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NUMBNUTS is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i am sure they can find a way. there's always a way to track someone unless your some kind of super hacker. also depends how bad they wanna find you. if its just something small i doubt it but if its some terroristic shyt then the FBI will probably be knockin on your door any minute

nice knowin ya

the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is possable, The Fbi and the police have some good ****ing programs, They can pin point you to your exact location. My friends dads in the government and he sometimes uses these elite programs, If you did piss him off you will be sued.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It isn't that tough to track an IP adress. Then they get your name and address and everything.

You're screwed.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

so basically i cant get in trouble for threatening someone thru an aol messenger? I was threatening someone but it wasnt "really" me *saying this for safety* someone found out my password and started threatening people but can this person get in trouble? Like if it was threats to people who are in ur class can u still not get in trobule? i dont think you can get suspended from school can you? so basically can you get suspended or sent to jail or in trouble for threatening people over an aol messenger. btw a cop is tryin to track me

the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TDW586
    Ahahaha, you E-Thug Cousin-****er. You were threatening someone through a messenger service? I don't think that's even technically illegal...just sad.
    It is illegal, Don't post useless information if you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Originally Posted by C-4
    so basically i cant get in trouble for threatening someone thru an aol messenger? I was threatening someone but it wasnt "really" me *saying this for safety* someone found out my password and started threatening people but can this person get in trouble? Like if it was threats to people who are in ur class can u still not get in trobule? i dont think you can get suspended from school can you? so basically can you get suspended or sent to jail or in trouble for threatening people over an aol messenger. btw a cop is tryin to track me
    You are ****ed and i'm glad, Never start **** with people you don't know.

Originally Posted by the rich pimp
    It is illegal, Don't post useless information if you don't know what the **** you're talking about.
    SO I CAN GET IN TROUBLE FOR THIS? i have a dsl modem but i also have a house network i reset my dsl modem so my ip address changed but is there any thing i can do please im serious i sware to god i need all of your help everyone!

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's just as illegal as threatening someone face to face or on the phone.

And guess what, the police are most likely monitoring this thread.

*waves to nice Policeman*
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

octane7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It would be pretty hard to track an IP address like that, however it IS possible (just not something the average computer user can do, I doubt cops could do it as well, again it all depends).

And yeah, if they find the IP address they can easily pin point your exact location (address, etc). Unless your connected through a router/firewall.

Originally Posted by Hartski
    It isn't that tough to track an IP adress. Then they get your name and address and everything.

You're screwed.
    Affirmative, Even doing a "who is" can get me your information.

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by C-4
    I was threatening someone but it wasnt "really" me *saying this for safety* someone found out my password and started threatening people but can this person get in trouble?
    If this "someone" did it from a different computer than your's, then the IP would be different. If it was done from your computer, good luck explaining it when the cops come knocking.

Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anolis E is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wouldnt it depend on the kind of threats that this 'anonymous person who stole your password' made whether it would be considered illegal or not?

Originally Posted by C-4
    SO I CAN GET IN TROUBLE FOR THIS? i have a dsl modem but i also have a house network i reset my dsl modem so my ip address changed but is there any thing i can do please im serious i sware to god i need all of your help everyone!
    I could still get your information so can they, And yes you can get into trouble. It's against the law.

I have a linksys router.... i also reset my modem so my ip address changed from, the past. But since i have a router can they NOT track me? I have a router and a firewall but the threats made were bad basically saying shoot and rape.

Originally Posted by octane7
    It would be pretty hard to track an IP address like that, however it IS possible (just not something the average computer user can do, I doubt cops could do it as well, again it all depends).
    And yeah, if they find the IP address they can easily pin point your exact location (address, etc). Unless your connected through a router/firewall.
    Oh **** off you noob, You know **** about this, My advice for you is to shut the **** up.

Oh **** off you noob, You know **** about this, My advice for you is to shut the **** up.
    lmao I know a lot more than you buddy...

What I said is completly true, if what happened was only through a service like MSN or AIM, it's harder to track you down than as if your looking for the IP of a website, etc. If you DO have a firewall, than it's going to make it even more difficult to track the IP address as your firewall most likely masks it
    Last edited by octane7; 10-19-2004 at 01:51 PM.

Originally Posted by C-4
    I have a linksys router.... i also reset my modem so my ip address changed from, the past. But since i have a router can they NOT track me? I have a router and a firewall but the threats made were bad basically saying shoot and rape.
    Wrong you can still be traced, It's not hard at all, Don't listen to these noobs who know nothing about this.

hey i appreciate all your helpin but is there anyway i can delete my past ip logs like that i was on that screenname?

i also have a linksys router and a modem if that helps. please help me im so scared i sware to god i will give u all the rep points i can ever give u if u help me i will do anything please man.

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am beginning to think you are right. Either the guy who started this thread is the dumbest jerk on the Internet, or else he is pulling our chain. For one thing, he is telling us exactly what he said and did - leaving a record on this board of his actions.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

Originally Posted by C-4
    hey i appreciate all your helpin but is there anyway i can delete my past ip logs like that i was on that screenname?

i also have a linksys router and a modem if that helps. please help me im so scared i sware to god i will give u all the rep points i can ever give u if u help me i will do anything please man.
    You can't delete IP logs... there's no such thing.

now my knowledge on these things may not be that great anymore these days, but if they find you, you can always decide to tell them the 'truth'. basically that you don't know anything about it and someone must have stolen your password or something. worked quite a lot for me in the past.

Originally Posted by C-4

No once someone has your ip you can't do anything, You can change it hundreds of times and still be traced, With your ip they can get your isp from there send them in a log of all the **** you said, Then they can get your information that way and sue you too.

i am serious guys please i sware to god... is tehre anyway i can make sure they cant track my ip address, my network ip address and my internet ip address is different. When i go to whatismyip.com it tells me a diffreen address then when i go to the dos thing adn type config.

please someone help!

Originally Posted by C-4
    i am serious guys please i sware to god... is tehre anyway i can make sure they cant track my ip address, my network ip address and my internet ip address is different. When i go to whatismyip.com it tells me a diffreen address then when i go to the dos thing adn type config.

please someone help!
    start using a proxy?

if i lie and say it isnt me cant they say the information was from this location i mean the ip address was from this location and i cant make an excuse for that no one else at my house uses the computer besides me and i have no one else living with me

Originally Posted by octane7
    lmao I know a lot more than you buddy...

What I said is completly true, if what happened was only through a service like MSN or AIM, it's harder to track you down than as if your looking for the IP of a website, etc. If you DO have a firewall, than it's going to make it even more difficult to track the IP address as your firewall most likely masks it
    Give me your msn messenger addy, I'll get your ip with in seconds, Oh and firewalls don't mask your ip. Who knows more than who?