quiksilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ALLERGY from too much protein?

Hey...I recenty developed an uncomfortable incessant itch and my doctor says its probably an allergy; he just doesn't know what i'm allergic too. He's suggesting that I hold off on ALL my supplementation (including protein, creatine, etc) to see if my itchings will subside.
    I am reluctant to give up my supplementations...so I want to know if one can get an allergic reaction to protein from eating too much. I take whey protein. I really hope I'm not allergic to it...but who knows. Any thoughts?

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it's maybe not an allergy, maybe you're just taking too many shakes (and i don't mean too much protein) and your body can't take it and react that way...

ik know a guy : 300gr of protein all from food : okay, no problem, but if he dares to replace some of that food with a shake, he ends up full of zits... even tho' he's still at 300gr protein...

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ROFL allergy to protein? WTF?

Most docs don't know jack **** about supps. I know a couple who still think your balls shrink from taking creatine.

So what supps exactly are you using, anyway?

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On second thought - post this at the supps board, if you haven't already, and don't forget to include a supps list. Big Cat and friends may be able to help more.

Apollo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Apollo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally, i'd take a doctor's advice over something you hear on a board You don't really know who's giving you the advice here....

Lay off the supps for a while, and just get more whole foods... I'm too not familar with creatine, but don't you load it anyway and not use it some weeks at all?

PappyMason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappyMason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by quiksilver View Post
    Hey...I recenty developed an uncomfortable incessant itch and my doctor says its probably an allergy; he just doesn't know what i'm allergic too. He's suggesting that I hold off on ALL my supplementation (including protein, creatine, etc) to see if my itchings will subside.
    I am reluctant to give up my supplementations...so I want to know if one can get an allergic reaction to protein from eating too much. I take whey protein. I really hope I'm not allergic to it...but who knows. Any thoughts?
    You probably have the same rare condition I have. Its a rare allergy to synthethic creatine. If you want to really test it out yourself, then take just creatine by itself (not in a protein like cytogainer and muscle milk) and see if you get the reaction. From what I'm seeing, you are only having a mild reaction like acute uticaria (not for sure because i havent actually seen you). My reaction was very bad and i thought it was another ingredient in my protein powder, but then i bought protein that contained almost everything except the creatine and i was fine. Try laying of the creatine and just take normal whey protein powder like optimum whey or even GNC's brand.

Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Creatine-natural acid in your body
    Protein- nutrient in almost all foods
    Imo I don't see hhow you can be allergic to either. What else do you take