Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

quiksilver is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit quiksilver's BodySpace

ALLERGY from too much protein?

Hey...I recenty developed an uncomfortable incessant itch and my doctor says its probably an allergy; he just doesn't know what i'm allergic too. He's suggesting that I hold off on ALL my supplementation (including protein, creatine, etc) to see if my itchings will subside.
    I am reluctant to give up my supplementations...so I want to know if one can get an allergic reaction to protein from eating too much. I take whey protein. I really hope I'm not allergic to it...but who knows. Any thoughts?

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deejay_Spike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Deejay_Spike's BodySpace
    it's maybe not an allergy, maybe you're just taking too many shakes (and i don't mean too much protein) and your body can't take it and react that way...

ik know a guy : 300gr of protein all from food : okay, no problem, but if he dares to replace some of that food with a shake, he ends up full of zits... even tho' he's still at 300gr protein...
    Sponsored by
    !! Muscle 2 Muscle !!
    http://www.muscle2muscle.be

and

!! Karins Xtreme Powerwear !!
    http://www.karinsxtremepower.com

!! NEW !! JOIN THE PIT!!
    http://www.pumpin-iron-team.tk

powerlifting@dutchbodybuilding.com

seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit seanconnery's BodySpace
    ROFL allergy to protein? WTF?

Most docs don't know jack **** about supps. I know a couple who still think your balls shrink from taking creatine.

So what supps exactly are you using, anyway?

seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500) seanconnery is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit seanconnery's BodySpace
    On second thought - post this at the supps board, if you haven't already, and don't forget to include a supps list. Big Cat and friends may be able to help more.

Apollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally, i'd take a doctor's advice over something you hear on a board You don't really know who's giving you the advice here....

Lay off the supps for a while, and just get more whole foods... I'm too not familar with creatine, but don't you load it anyway and not use it some weeks at all?

Stats: 5'10", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2079
    PappyMason will become famous soon enough. (+50) PappyMason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit PappyMason's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by quiksilver View Post
    Hey...I recenty developed an uncomfortable incessant itch and my doctor says its probably an allergy; he just doesn't know what i'm allergic too. He's suggesting that I hold off on ALL my supplementation (including protein, creatine, etc) to see if my itchings will subside.
    I am reluctant to give up my supplementations...so I want to know if one can get an allergic reaction to protein from eating too much. I take whey protein. I really hope I'm not allergic to it...but who knows. Any thoughts?
    You probably have the same rare condition I have. Its a rare allergy to synthethic creatine. If you want to really test it out yourself, then take just creatine by itself (not in a protein like cytogainer and muscle milk) and see if you get the reaction. From what I'm seeing, you are only having a mild reaction like acute uticaria (not for sure because i havent actually seen you). My reaction was very bad and i thought it was another ingredient in my protein powder, but then i bought protein that contained almost everything except the creatine and i was fine. Try laying of the creatine and just take normal whey protein powder like optimum whey or even GNC's brand.

Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lanny14 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Lanny14's BodySpace
    Creatine-natural acid in your body
    Protein- nutrient in almost all foods
    Imo I don't see hhow you can be allergic to either. What else do you take