bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Study name? Caloric surplus..halp!

Hi all,

So I've been writing a paper on the benefits of eating healthy for a speech class. I remember watching about an hour long documentary on multiple participants who were considered "skinny" and never seemed to gain weight. The study then had followed these individuals around as they were forced (not really forced, but you know what I mean) to eat in a caloric surplus, regardless of what it was that they ate (dat dreamer bulk) while not doing any physical activity other than walking to where they normally had to go. At the end of the study, one of the participants (an asian male) had actually increased muscle mass.

I'm looking for the name of the study so that I can incorporate it into my paper. Any help locating it would be great since it was just a link someone had posted on FB awhile back. I will also be browsing through to see if I can find it. It sounded like it had taken place in the UK though.
    **Always pick 6 crew**
    **Half Asian crew**

mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I want to see this

bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkaup5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ****, I'm going to be scrolling through ******** forever during work break...lesigh

If I end up finding it, I will post here for you. I believe it was just one subject though out of about 8+
    **Always pick 6 crew**
    **Half Asian crew**

I can't check youtube videos at work, and I can't find it on ********. I googled it and from the little display picture, it MAY be called "Why Are Thin People Not Fat" by Dr. Hiram Santisteban.

Someone confirm? If it shows one asian kid, and 2 brothers who are twins, it's probably the one i'm referring to. Otherwise, I'll wait till break in 30 minutes to check it on my phone.

**EDIT**: Link I posted is the one I was looking for. A good watch if you are bored .
    Last edited by bkaup5; 11-21-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Correct study, wasn't showing up in google anywhere unless you used keyword 'B.B.C' lawl
    **Always pick 6 crew**
    **Half Asian crew**

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Confirmed...this video was a completely idiotic waste of time...
    I seriously hope you're not using it for actual "scientific" backing...
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Nope, it's just a speech that we have to give that doesn't need to be true .

What exactly in it caused you do call it 'idiotic' though, if I may ask?
    **Always pick 6 crew**
    **Half Asian crew**

InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bkaup5 View Post
    Nope, it's just a speech that we have to give that doesn't need to be true .

What exactly in it caused you do call it 'idiotic' though, if I may ask?
    -4 Week Study
    -Minimal control over variables
    -Participants were eating "double" their normal caloric intake...yet none of them had any clue what their normal caloric intake was
    -Trying to determine "Why people get obese"....

Additionally : I had a strong urge to punch the narrator in his throat...but that's not really relevant to the discussion
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    -4 Week Study
    -Minimal control over variables
    -Participants were eating "double" their normal caloric intake...yet none of them had any clue what their normal caloric intake was
    -Trying to determine "Why people get obese"....

Additionally : I had a strong urge to punch the narrator in his throat...but that's not really relevant to the discussion
    At least they are good reasons. No offense, just curious as to why you didn't like it. I thought it was at the very least entertaining, although I'm not sure what they were talking about with how some people actually are obese from a virus. That bit I found interesting.

How much control would you suggest they take? To the extreme of not moving much? Stationary in bed for 4 weeks? lol
    **Always pick 6 crew**
    **Half Asian crew**

Originally Posted by bkaup5 View Post
    At least they are good reasons. No offense, just curious as to why you didn't like it. I thought it was at the very least entertaining, although I'm not sure what they were talking about with how some people actually are obese from a virus. That bit I found interesting.

How much control would you suggest they take? To the extreme of not moving much? Stationary in bed for 4 weeks? lol
    No worries, I figured you were genuinely curious.
    Honestly all that was derived from the first 10 minutes of the video...couldn't take it any longer.

I'd suggest they control as much as possible.
    The more control over the variables they have, the more likely they are to come to an accurate conclusion for their original question (as should be with all studies).
    Note I'm not stating they need control in reference to physical activity, etc. But the overall dietary intake, macronutrient combination, etc.

Entertaining?...I guess
    Something I would rely on for nutritional information?...not in the least bit.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    No worries, I figured you were genuinely curious.
    Honestly all that was derived from the first 10 minutes of the video...couldn't take it any longer.

I'd suggest they control as much as possible.
    The more control over the variables they have, the more likely they are to come to an accurate conclusion for their original question (as should be with all studies).
    Note I'm not stating they need control in reference to physical activity, etc. But the overall dietary intake, macronutrient combination, etc.

Entertaining?...I guess
    Something I would rely on for nutritional information?...not in the least bit.
    Well, to be fair, I don't think the point of the study was about nutritional information, but more of what goes on that makes people obese, and why are some of the people more...'resistant' to becoming obese. I thought it filled that pretty well, although it could really be summed up in much shorter than an hour. I just found the last bit interesting as well where a subject was able to put on muscle mass (don't recall how much) with no physical activity, and just 'over-eating' if you will.

Now, that doesn't mean I condone anyone to eat like these guys are. They are basically stuffing their faces with chocolate cake and everything I wouldn't be eating if I was trying to gain weight in a healthy manner.

I'm always interested in other peoples opinions .
    **Always pick 6 crew**
    **Half Asian crew**