NickL28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NickL28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Serious question about daily Calories

I am male 5'6" / 120LBS and trying to gain some mass & strength.

Here is my question --

How many calories should I be eating, if I am working out following a strength routine 3 days a week + 2 days of intense cardio which is Boxing, Kickboxing or Martial Arts, plus another day of Bicep, Tricep Exercises & ABS 4 days a week.

I work 8-10 hours a day in a traditional desk, office job. Should I be still eating between 2,500 - 3,000 calories a day. Honestly, I am afraid to because of the dreaded scare of getting fat.

I have always been careful or too careful with calories and I think that over the last few weeks, this is the most food I have eaten in years.

I am trying to eat alot of protein especially grilled chicken, low fat milk, cottage cheese, Muscle Milk by Cytosport after working out, & Whole Weat bread with Tuna.

With my job & workout routine, how many calories should I be eating??

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile Use the calculator in here . . .

This thread has everything u need 2 get started:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1864731
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

shaunspitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaunspitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaunspitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaunspitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaunspitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaunspitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    try 18kcals per pound of bodyweight, 1gram protein per pound of bodyweight, plenty of EFAs and moderate carbs. Good Luck.

If this doesnt work try 22kcals per pound of bodyweight
    "I was born perfect and just like the Great White Shark, have never had to evolve"

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    first of all if u want to bulk u cannot be scared to eat.. bottom line.. if i were u start at 2500 aclories a day.. track ur calories so u know how much ur eating

break down ur macros to a 40/40/20 build of protin/carbs/fats

dont get so overintensive on eating tons of protein because if u cut out other macros ur body will not grow.. so make sure u are getting enough of each macro..

also dont avoid fats and carbs.. they are essential to ur growth regardless

also while ur bulking make sure to include a cheat day and have ur last meal of the day(before bed is suggested) to have a good caesin protein (cottage cheese which u listed is a great choice or milk, or caesin protein powder0 along with a healthy fat( peanut butter, olive-fish-flax-sunflower oil or knaw on some almonds)

other then that.. eat a good 5-7 meals a day.. and u seem very active to start at 2500 and see if u gain any weight.. if u drop or maintain then simply bump up the calories by 150-200 and see if u gain.. it takes time and experimentation

post ur diet and times u eat and workout and PWO shake maybe we can help

colombian4lyf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your my height I'm at 165lbs right now, I was stuck at 148 for years then finally hit 154 and kept eating. Finally reached 170 I was at about 2500 calories + more in the winter, but lower it in the summer. What LayzieBone085 posted is pretty much great info. Start at 2500 and increase if you need to. You'll notice the difference. Good luck
    Originally Posted by NickL28 View Post
    I am male 5'6" / 120LBS and trying to gain some mass & strength.

Here is my question --

How many calories should I be eating, if I am working out following a strength routine 3 days a week + 2 days of intense cardio which is Boxing, Kickboxing or Martial Arts, plus another day of Bicep, Tricep Exercises & ABS 4 days a week.

I work 8-10 hours a day in a traditional desk, office job. Should I be still eating between 2,500 - 3,000 calories a day. Honestly, I am afraid to because of the dreaded scare of getting fat.

I have always been careful or too careful with calories and I think that over the last few weeks, this is the most food I have eaten in years.

I am trying to eat alot of protein especially grilled chicken, low fat milk, cottage cheese, Muscle Milk by Cytosport after working out, & Whole Weat bread with Tuna.

With my job & workout routine, how many calories should I be eating??