LMore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need advice - COMPLETE BEGINNER

So I just joined this forum to essentially ask for advice. I am a complete beginner and I'm going to start going to the gym next week with my friend every week. I'm going to stick with it too...for years.

I'm 5'11 and weigh roughly 125-130 pounds. I've been very skinny my whole life. I will change that.

However I know next to nothing about fitness. I won't step inside a gym until I have a plan I'm comfortable with. I literally have no idea what machine works out what or how to use etc. Hopefully I can get some real help here rather than my friends telling me, "Hey just do this and that." I'm not going to pay for a plan as I'm sure I can find one without paying. I just need some direction.

So if anyone could help me out and show me where to start, I would appreciate it more than you know. Any questions I'll answer if it helps you help me.

Also sorry if this isn't the right spot. It seems like it fits.

Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LMore View Post
    So I just joined this forum to essentially ask for advice. I am a complete beginner and I'm going to start going to the gym next week with my friend every week. I'm going to stick with it too...for years.

I'm 5'11 and weigh roughly 125-130 pounds. I've been very skinny my whole life. I will change that.

However I know next to nothing about fitness. I won't step inside a gym until I have a plan I'm comfortable with. I literally have no idea what machine works out what or how to use etc. Hopefully I can get some real help here rather than my friends telling me, "Hey just do this and that." I'm not going to pay for a plan as I'm sure I can find one without paying. I just need some direction.

So if anyone could help me out and show me where to start, I would appreciate it more than you know. Any questions I'll answer if it helps you help me.

Also sorry if this isn't the right spot. It seems like it fits.

Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

Read the stickies at the top. Get on a good full body 3x week lifting routine like AllPro, Fierce 5, Starting Strength, etc. Eat a lot and visit the nutrition forum.
    AllPro Simple Beginner Routine 4 Cycles
    AllPro Novice Program 3 Cycles
    Wendler 5-3-1 BBB+ and FSL
    5x5 Program

Squat:315; Bench: 260; OHP: 155; Deadlift: 330
    Bench PR 225 for 5; Deadlift PR 225 for 15
    Goals: 1/2/3/4 plate

LMore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Didn't even think of reading stickies haha, will do. Thanks.