Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sardines Vs. Tuna

Hey all. I've been trying to get more protein lately, and though I've been getting a lot of it from canned tuna I'm starting to get bored and am looking for other sources of protein in easy ways, i.e. cans. Lately I've been considering sardines and I've come to the realization that they actually have about the same if not more protein than tuna. They also pack on a lot more iron than tuna, and seem to be richer in vitamins and amino-acids. I've been comparing the two in nutrition websites and I've come to the conclusion that sardines are just as good if not better than tuna for quick protein, which brings me to the following question:

Why do people choose tuna over sardines?

I'm thinking it could be the taste, but since protein shakes taste like sweat running off the devil's asscrack and we all drink them anyway, I disregarded that possibility... But it's still there. Is that it? Or is there another underlying reason I haven't considered?

Thanks in advance.

Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone?

Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johan.Liebert has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ill go with tuna havent tried sardines and dont wanna

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    sardines are great they have more omega-3 EFA's in them and contain more calcium (if you eat the bones)

Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think sardines contain more fat as well..and it'll take about 2 cans (from the cans they sell here ) to have as much protein as 1 can of tuna.
    Davinci flavor oppinions:
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    cookie dough-good (not sweet but has flavor)
    German Chocolate Cake- good (sweet, not strong)
    PB- good(sweet, not strong flavor)
    Gingerbread- good (taste like gingerale/no good on pancakes, okay in oatmeal)
    Coconut- good. (has flavor..a tiny sweetness)
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Danish Pastry-good (if you like cookie dough you would like this)
    Blueberry-Awesome/good

Ah, but it's good fats. As for the protein I don't think so. It may be that your cans are way small but I think sardines contain more protein than tuna, proportionally.

bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bearmeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know anything concerning the nutritional value of Sardines but perhaps you could begin flavoring your Tuna? Starkist Tuna Creations come in little bags with different flavors and I love the Zesty Lemon. It's a great break from plain tuna. The prepackaged flavored tuna is more expensive though which is why I'm planning on seeing if I can make it myself

The flavour isn't THAT important to me, I can eat the tuna in any shape or form... It's just getting a tad boring.

In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's simply a difference in fat content. The one (canned tuna) is virtually fat free while the other (sardines) are high in fat, but good, healthy fish oil. If you need a lean protein source for a particular meal, tuna is for you. If you want a meal with a decent amount of healthy fats, sardines are for you. Protein content is roughly the same, the only difference being the actual size of the cans you buy them in

Also, don't forget taste Sardines are one of those things you either hate or love.

X

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used to love them but lately they make wanna puke..

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well, it's personal pref. also, sardines tend to have higher fat content, even though it's good fat. and well, they always come packed in tomato sauce, which is really bad when you take it everyday. you know when it's bad when you start burping and it tastes like tomato sauce as well. otherwise, i don't see any problems with sardines, i think they're great. except when you chew on the canned sardines' bones by accident and swallow them too. icky stuff, that.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

If we think about it, even canned cat food could work for us

So... Considering what you've all told me, I would think that sardines are better for the bulking phase and tuna is more for cutting... Or am I talking out of my ass?

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sardines taste nasty :P
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Originally Posted by skelooth
    sardines taste nasty :P
    Ah, but I adore every type of seafood there is, and that includes sardines... Not an issue to me. :P

rebelshirts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Love em sardines

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
    Ah, but I adore every type of seafood there is, and that includes sardines... Not an issue to me. :P
    Im all for the sardines,, but ive noticed that the nutritional info isnt printed on most cans of sardines, when ive looked them up they had greatly varied nutritional info. Some seem to have low fat content while others have relatively high fat. This doesnt seem to be related only to the packing flavor, ive seen ones packed in hot sauce that were low in fat and some in the same flavor that were high,,, confusing and difficult to figure out while shopping without a handy internet connection.
    Also noticed that a lot of sardines, arent really sardines, they are labled fish steaks and are some other type of fish,,,,,
    Does anyone know why the nutritional info is not on most of the cans?

Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100) Coasterr is not very well liked. (-100)
    Go for sardines over tuna unless you like having a diet rich in mercury.

HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That depends. The canned sardines here have around 3:1 protein:fat ratio compared to canned tuna's 1:1.

Sardines for cutting, tuna for meh anything.
    [Watdo?] - Want (''should'' for you naggers) bulk.

Serving true tea for weight-losers
    Literally die during squat
    Home gym-er
    Inadequate/improper lifting equipment
    Pop music sucker \m/

nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sardines are awesome! Just drain away the tomato sauce. I have a quick recipe that i use. Mash the fish up. Stir fry some onions and garlic in a pan till fragrant. add in mashed sardines and sliced green chilies. keep sautéing till dry as fuark. eat with bread or alone. tastes awesome!
    "Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

nareshnaresh.com
    ^^Godsite^^

http://nareshontrack.wordpress.com/

Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by taffer View Post
    sardines are great they have more omega-3 EFA's in them and contain more calcium (if you eat the bones)
    Originally Posted by Coasterr View Post
    Go for sardines over tuna unless you like having a diet rich in mercury.
    ^Sardines are small so they don't have nearly the mercury content as tuna so you can eat more weekly. Plus the omega's and calcium...I like the bones, personally.

I think it's because most people think sardines and just think "eww", but really they taste just like tuna just not as dry.

OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100) OliBolae is not very well liked. (-100)

Re: Sardines Vs. Tuna

You guys are smoking crack, sardines have virtually no fat, if you are eating sardines in spring water with no added oil or additives.

Heres the breakdown: (/100g)

PROTEIN: Tuna 24.6g / Sardines 24.6g -Tie-
    FAT: Tuna 1.1g / Sardines 1.1g -Tie-
    Saturated FAT: Tuna 0.4g / Sardines 0.5g -Sardines have slightly more-
    CALORIES: Tuna 110 / Sardines 109
    OMEGA 3: Tuna 305mg / Sardines 400mg

So from this you can see they are practically the same nutritionally, although Sardines have higher Omega-3 and are more nutrient-rich.
    Ultimately eat whichever you prefer, they are very similar.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are you bumping threads from 2004?

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Why are you bumping threads from 2004?
    Hahaha so much this
    Patience, dedication, drive.

IG: @miscfit27

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156836923

LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LewisSmith1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    personally I go with tuna because its a hell of a lot cheaper.
    youtube.com/LewisSmithPT

ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ang3li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just switched from tuna to sardines as I got so bored with tuna.
    Sardines are a fattier fish but the protein levels are not far off from each other. Sardines has omega 3's and i find it easier to eat then tuna as it is oilier. I am loving sardines right now!

Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darknightbegins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Think I'll start switching back to sardines. Taste of both fukin sucks so I don't care and with the macros the same I'll take the one with less mercury jeff.

Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dont overdo that bro, read about mercury poisoning
    Free eBook: http://beatsocialanxiety.net/free-book/

Latest Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbZbJNfvgY&list=UU7wARlI0wgpExP4yKPsS9Ug

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

"Team sports can go to hell, I never gonna rely on some weak minded motherphucker to help me win a game, I will win it by myself" - George Leeman aka BabySlayer

*Team Evan Centopani*
    *Team James "Flex" Lewis"

zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tuna mixed with cottage cheese is delicious
    When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ you ALL need to look at thread dates

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tuna if you want tuna breath.
    Sardines if you want sardine breath.

Otherwise, knock yourself out, they are both fine, and I don't care if its a necro thread, maybe the poor guy has been waiting 9 years to find this out!