JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hernia recovery excercises

I just had an inguinal hernia repair approximately 5 weeks ago. I am slowly getting back into the gym and am wondering what excercises would be best to strengthen the surgery area. Any suggestions?

user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user5297 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JoeySea View Post
    I just had an inguinal hernia repair approximately 5 weeks ago. I am slowly getting back into the gym and am wondering what excercises would be best to strengthen the surgery area. Any suggestions?
    You should definately talk to your doctor about that. Almost every exercise you do is going to bring that core area (ie. your injured area) into play, so before you do anything see what kind of timetable they would like you to follow so you don't have to have another surgery. After you get cleared I would just start off with standard crunches, you could even use a swiss ball to stay off the floor, and graduate to heavier ab work like leg raises depending on how those feel.