Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Difference between regular whey and isolate?

I was at the store today, and I saw the same brand, but one jug said Whey supplement, and the other said Whey Isolate supplement. I'm just curious whats the difference, and whats better?
    My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120830451

April 2004 - 270lbs 40% bodyfat
    Now - 207lbs 12% bodyfat
    Goal - 205lbs <10%

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "normal whey" is whey concentrate, which contains slightly higher lactose and fat content, with less protein per serving. While an isolate, is of higher quality so it goes through a more stringent processing to remove more lactose and fat, while providing slightly higher protein content, and a higher BV. It's really not that big a difference though, as for the price compared with what you are getting from it, you shouldn't be too concerned.
    Unaffiliated.

Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It was only a 10$ difference for a 5lb jug, which should I get next time?
    My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120830451

April 2004 - 270lbs 40% bodyfat
    Now - 207lbs 12% bodyfat
    Goal - 205lbs <10%

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by xxghostxx
    "normal whey" is whey concentrate, which contains slightly higher lactose and fat content, with less protein per serving. While an isolate, is of higher quality so it goes through a more stringent processing to remove more lactose and fat, while providing slightly higher protein content, and a higher BV. It's really not that big a difference though, as for the price compared with what you are getting from it, you shouldn't be too concerned.
    Great explanation.

I don't mind paying a few dollars more for isolate but your right, in the long run , it won't make that much of a difference.

LabGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xxghostxx
    I believe that the isolation procedure that makes "whey isolate" also removes some microfactions that are beneficial. So like ghost said both have some advantages and disadvantages and the differences are really negligible. I tend to use more conc. just cuz its cheaper, but Syntraz Nectar is an awesome isolate.