tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hernia surgery recovery time?

What is your average hernia surgery recovery time?

I just had surgery about a week ago, and wanted to hear from experienced lifters when they were able to start lifting again?

lift weight, isolation exercises versus regular routine, heavy weight?

thanks

TheManWho Sold The World Randall Flagg's Avatar
    Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had an inguinal hernia repaired laparoscopically. I was doing forearm and grip stuff after two weeks, full upper body (starting light) at four weeks, and after six or seven weeks I started a full body routine (Rippetoe's). There's still some soreness in my abdomen where the mesh is and it's been three or four months now, but the surgeon seems to think this is not unusual.
    Here's a will that will glow in the dark.

tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) tennguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks man! Good to hear you were able to get back into gradually! I am hoping for the same thing, although i have about a 2-3 inch incision on my abdomen.

Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did not have the lapro surgery so the recovery time was a little bit longer. The lapro surgery is less invasive and requires less recovery time. I was lifting full body (very lightly) in 4 weeks and regaining my strength gradually from there. Just be very careful to work back up to strength slowely so you dont reinjure yourself

well that sounds great man! I actually walked around my nieghborhood tonight 20 minutes - felt good to get out go up hill -made sure my posture was correct. I am planning on a fast recovery.

thanks for the insight!

JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had right inguinal hernia repair about 5 weeks ago now. I had the mesh implanted. I started back at the gym last week, really light on all excercises, no squats or deads, just trying to ease back into it. The incision area is not painful, although I do have some pain in my upper left area of my abdomen when I press on it. I may take this week off just to make sure, definitely dont want to over do it!

Thanks Joeysea, good to hear you are back in the gym! I am planning to get back to the gym even sooner! If possible of course!

latimus18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i started lifting very light about 3-4 weeks out of surgery and very slowly gaining strength back. the important thing is jsut try not to strain your stomach hard for a couple of months. i think i went almost six months before i started training abs again cuz i was kinda of scarred of tearing it again.

thanks for the reply lat, my doc said no about me getting back in the gym this week. I have a follow up next monday, i'll see what he says then!

what did you do in the mean time for exercise? anything?

i have been walking around the neighborhood.

later on,

latimus18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i would walk around my neighborhood in the morning, and thats pretty much it and and when it was healed up a little more i would do some swimming although u gotta be kinda careful about kicking.

jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonmille2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

It may take a while to fully get back at it

I had surgery for the same thing Right side. I had the surgery Sep 18 and was back at the gym after Christmas. It was slow going. I had the full 3 inch cut not the laproscopic. It still pulls to this day. It gets a little sore after dead lifts and squats. I won't ever be squatting 500 again. I don't want to go through the rehab again
    www.cellucor.com
    Director of Military GNC Sales and Marketing
    Cellucor

thanks for all the replys. Well i've been back in the gym, doing everything except squats and leg press, mostly because my hernia came back!!

During the surgery, my bladder was accidentally cut, which led to some compilcations, so there was achance the patch would not sit right. Well after 2 weeks, my doc said i could go back to the gym doing light weight, which i did, anyway i think the stretching helped to loosen it, and thus the patch came loose. Sucked big time, cause my doc gave me clearance, and the internal bleeding ans punctured bladder really messed things up. Anyway, I am having surgery to fix it on tuesday, so i hope it goes well.

I will be laying off the gym for a longer time, even if my doc says i can start back.

the doc thinks that he will just have to go in and tack another side of the patch down, which will be good, and a lot less painful, i hope!

Registered User user23960508710783's Avatar
    user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by tennguy View Post
    thanks for all the replys. Well i've been back in the gym, doing everything except squats and leg press, mostly because my hernia came back!!

During the surgery, my bladder was accidentally cut, which led to some compilcations, so there was achance the patch would not sit right. Well after 2 weeks, my doc said i could go back to the gym doing light weight, which i did, anyway i think the stretching helped to loosen it, and thus the patch came loose. Sucked big time, cause my doc gave me clearance, and the internal bleeding ans punctured bladder really messed things up. Anyway, I am having surgery to fix it on tuesday, so i hope it goes well.

I will be laying off the gym for a longer time, even if my doc says i can start back.

the doc thinks that he will just have to go in and tack another side of the patch down, which will be good, and a lot less painful, i hope!
    Dude, you have the raw material for a malpractice suit there.