pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

any boxers out there

i have a few questions. ive been into bodybuilding and powerlifting for a while. i always stick with a strict diet to keep off fat. im at the point now where i want osmething differnt. i just want to be in the best shape possible and have a solid amount of muscle.i always liked boxing and was thinking it might be what im looking for.

i want to be in great shape(beter then i am now) and want to still keep soild muscle on me. im realy considering starting boxing training with a professional boxer. i know of a gym or two in my area that offers pro boxing lessions. im not sure exactly what to expext tho.

if any of you have done this before can you help me out with some questions
    first does the boxing training build you muscles?
    is the cardio good?
    is it expensive to pay for a trainer?
    i assume in the beginnning most of the training is basic stuff but do you eventually get into a lot of hard training and possibly lifting??

DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DesVaro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't box, but I suggest you give this article a read

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/ex...r_fighters.htm

It takes about lifting, and it has a sample program as well. One good thing is that the writer (Joe Defranco) recognizes that fighters are always doing a lot of technical training and has tailored the program with that in mind.

It's a good read and you will learn something

All the best
    Loneliness knows me by name

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    it is amazing cardio. It will build muscles but not lot. The endurance of the muscles and some deltoids maybe Tricep size. some calf also but the power output,endurance, and overall cardio improvments should help the weight lifting go better. go for classes not one on one you will often pay 70-100 a month class vs. 40-70 an hour private. after a few months, taking a few privates to shapen up skills is good. A real kickboxing school (muay Thai) would be even better but alot harder.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pete89 View Post

is the cardio good?
    i assume in the beginnning most of the training is basic stuff but do you eventually get into a lot of hard training and possibly lifting??
    1. Not like weight training will
    2. The cardio is excellent
    3. Dpends on the trainer and the neighborhood you live in
    4. Other than the frequency and intensity of sparring sessions, boxing training remains similar to the beginning except in terms of the level you perform at. Weights are NOT used often. For example, you will beging with pad work possibly the first day, and 3 years down the road you will still do pad work. The difference will be difficulty and intensity you perform the drills at

HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HockeyLifter4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dont start with one on one training for a while, that is best for you if you decide to get serious and get fights schehuled. in my area we have a really good trainer and what you do is start off takeing 1 hour classes one or two times a week for like $10 each. during the classes the trainer shows you how to stand and move, how to punch and how to through combos with good form. then after that we do some circuit training on heavy bags, speed bags, double end bags and jump rope and so on. this is during the 1 hour CLASSES. then after you get better and have some skill(1-2 months usually) you go to sparring sessions instead. at my gym what happens is whoever wants to go shows up and the trainer matches you up with someone your size. if it is your first couple times he will put you in with someone really good and that person basically just catches your punches and goes easly on you until you get better. they never just through you in so it goes at an slow and easy pace until you get the hang of it. this is what is in my area i how your area has something similar.

MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLETECHBOI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have a few questions. ive been into bodybuilding and powerlifting for a while. i always stick with a strict diet to keep off fat. im at the point now where i want osmething differnt. i just want to be in the best shape possible and have a solid amount of muscle.i always liked boxing and was thinking it might be what im looking for.

i want to be in great shape(beter then i am now) and want to still keep soild muscle on me. im realy considering starting boxing training with a professional boxer. i know of a gym or two in my area that offers pro boxing lessions. im not sure exactly what to expext tho.

is the cardio good?

I started in March, and yeah its hell of a good cardio, plus its good to know how to kick someones ass
    PSN-MegaKwon90

LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LuckeyStoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I box for fun...... awsome cardio....... watching old Mike Tyson fights always get me pumped
    ENJOY THE RIDE

BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000)
    is the cardio good?
    - You will lose a great deal of muscle mass. Get incredibly thin and much weaker from a weight lifters point of view. You want to be as light as possible when boxing. For one, the big guys hit really hard and two, you'll have way more energy with less muscle mass. Be prepared for lots of bruises, black eyes, and pain.

- Most trainers will take you on for free if they think you're a worthy student. Many gyms have trainers that work there for peanuts and just love training guys. If you get serious, when you fight and win/lose, they take their cut from your check (which is usually a good one).

- Yes, the beginning is training and learning proper technique. Then you'll put your own style on it. After you learn to move, throw your hands properly and can move for 9 minutes straight, you'll start sparring. The first round of sparring will be the longest 3 minutes of your life.

- I didn't ever do much lifting. Just as runners run and swimmers swim, boxers need to box. You'll spend most of your time jumping rope, running, shadow boxing for round after round and doing pad work. Then you'll spar, and train some more. Hands down, boxing is without a doubt the hardest sport I've ever done. It will show you what you're made of.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

ohrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well i never did pure boxing but i did do Thai boxing and kick boxing for about 6 years, And i have done some competitions in those.

Boxing will give you cardio, like where i trained we did rope jumping for 3x3 min with 10 sek rest in between. I have tried that now days and there is no way in hell i can do it.... So cardio you get and also moving in and out to jab and all.. is also cardio..

You wont build muscle really since the energy is to high for building muscle. But you will be cut. And since most of the time you dont only train boxing or we did not.. You will increase in other areas too.

I think i was great fun and it took a lot of anger away from me....
    I am sure the local clubs where you live will let you try it out and then you can see and feel what you think...
    You can do 5 times as much as your mom thinks, and 2 times as much as you think yourself.

iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) iK0n is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    is the cardio good?
    You will build lean muscle but nothing in comparison to lifting weights (at least from my experience). I never lifted weights at my gym, all of our workouts were bodyweight exercises (burpees, pull-ups, dips, push-ups, crunches, etc.).

You will definitely increase your endurance. Everyday our routine consisted of something like this: stretching-rope skipping for 4 rounds(3 minute/30 second rest)-plyometrics-1 to 4 mile run-shadow boxing for 4 rounds-hitting the bags/mitt work/sparring(depends on skill level).

My gym is relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of "popular" combat sport schools/gyms (MMA, BJJ, etc.). Then again it is a gym with one coach, a few other instructors that try to watch over a group of around 10-20 people and sometimes there are days where there was no personal training. I had to pay $75 the first month ($15 initiation fee) and then $50 after for Monday-Saturday open gym from 10 AM to 12 PM and classes from 5PM to 9PM(M-F only).

I'd say in the beginning you'll be taught your footwork, then maybe the jab and straight. Later on I learned hooks and finally uppercuts. The routine that I mentioned rarely changes but the intensity does increase and he makes the more experienced guys do circuit training more often, so it does get harder but I never lifted any weights at all.

diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

is the cardio good?
    i assume in the beginning most of the training is basic stuff but do you eventually get into a lot of hard training and possibly lifting??
    1. Not significantly, but you can always still lift.
    2. Cardio is great
    3. I pay $60/month for 2 days a week plus one day of open gym/sparring
    4. Starting out is going to be very basic, a lot of footwork and movement then gradually adding punches.
    A typical lesson for me is warmups, shadowboxing, hitting the mitts with trainer, 3 rounds on double end bag, 3 rounds on heavy bag, more technique work with trainer, then finish up with conditioning. Other roadwork and lifting is up to you.

carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im a thai boxer and MMA fighter and if you want to take up boxing id say go for it but consider why your want to do it.

If you want to lose fat boxing or any martail arts will help you as they are all mostly centred around that as most fighters are trying to make the lightest lean weight possible to be faster and stronger than the oppoinent.

If your fighting as a heavy wieght boxer you will be short im not trying to be meen im about the same height and have fought people who were nearly 7ft tall i couldnt even see their face! Cos you cant look up without showing them your chin! Anyway if i fight MMA like the UFC i fight at 205 thats about 10-20lbs lighter than my normal wieght so its abit like cutting down for a bodybuilding comp but u hav to be strong and healthy as possible most boxers are about 220 - 230 lbs or so even Iron Mike at his best was about 210-220lbs.

So as has been said by others if your goals are to get bigger and stronger boxing may not help you it will more likely make you faster and powerful but lighter and smaller also if you want to train to fight that is. However you may want to train to burn off some fat and id say once or twice a week as a cardio session boxing will be great for that but if you want a powerful punch i guarentee the guy who is very fast and about 220lbs will hit harder and more often than the guy thats 300lbs just because hitting power is about speed power weight and strength and accurency and flexability combined not just size and strength.

I hope this helps plus its worth noting Mariusz Pudzianowski was a Kyokushin karate expert and former boxer before he became the worlds strongest man and is well known for his speed and power and low body fat percentage i wouldnt want to fight him if im honest but i think i might be able to out run him if i lasted for more than a round that is!

carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    any form of training you have never done before will shock you into gaining some new muscles in my experience or losing fat if you go and hit a heavy bag in a gym for 4 mins and rest for 30secs for 10 rounds thats my usual training warm up! you will notice some muscle and power gains very fast. As far as training costs in the UK private lessons are about ?20 per hour thats about $40 but most gyms let you come in and train with a class at about ?7 a session or $15 i guess its about the same in the US your about the normal wieght for a guy your height so no trainers would be wanting you to get bigger tho i reckon you would get stronger for your size cos they would keep you as light as possible. thats if your dont wanna get big like me and slapped around!