thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

BCAAs vs Protein Shake

From what I understand your body breaks protein down to amino acids and later converts to protein for your muscle to use. So why not take amino acids directly that will turn into protein? Wouldn't it absorp much more quickly? I am sorry if this is a dumb question I am just very curious.
    im fat

thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thegreatsebabo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bumpty
    im fat

Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxfits202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    take bcaa's pre during and post workout or before cardio

bump though

Lift heavy or don't lift Lotto20's Avatar
    Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ what he said.....
    Personal Bests
    Bench - 340
    Deadlift - 515
    Squat - 405

Currently cutting
    Start - 233
    Current - 227 March26th 2010

Won't settle for 2nd best extremeX75's Avatar
    extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post BCAA's and Protein Explained!

Not a bad question and one I have found myself asking every now and again. Hopefully I can explain this in a non-complicated format. First let's start with the BCAA's

BCAA's, or "branch chain amino acids" as you might know them by are called because of the way they are formed, into "branched chains" of three(3) non-essential amino acids, leucine, isoleucine, and valine. The most important one of these being Leucine is what with give you the most benefit. Leucine helps prevent muscle catabolism and promote protein synthesis. The other two acids aid in its function as well as providing some other benefits. A good informative site that describes what each of these three highly valuable amino acids do is on here: http://www.anyvitamins.com/isoleucine-info.htm

Whey Protein (EXAMPLE ONLY) I?m using whey as an example as it?s the best protein source you can take. Best meaning, its bioavailability to the human body, its absorption (around 12-15 minutes after intake) and its benefits. To get a better idea as to what I mean you might want to check this website out: http://www.usgyms.net/whey%20protein.htm there?s a plethora of information out there pertaining to whey protein and I would suggest taking it pre and post workout.

**CONCLUSION: As you can see there are benefits to taking both of these supplements. Truth be told, you cannot get BCAA's naturally so the only way is by supplementation. Even when taking these three you are not getting the amino acids required for muscle growth and repair. BCAA's help prevent muscle breakdown as well as promotion of protein synthesis. In order to have protein synthesis work what must you have? You guessed it! PROTEIN! That is why it is crucial to take BCAA's before, during AND after you workout. You need to also take a protein shake after you workout as you need to bring your body out of a catabolic state and back into an anabolic state. BCAA's AND Protein powder when used together make this much easier and faster for your body. You will also recover slightly faster with BCAA's than without. Just remember that protein is usually synthesized through the essential amino acids that you get form meats, dairy, protein powder etc. and not from just BCCA's alone. BCAA's aren't too expensive either. You can buy Dymatize's product for about $20 and you'll get 100 servings!. Check it out in the store, and let me know if this was useful or if you have any further questions regarding this response or other topics. Good luck and TRAIN HARD!
    @@@(Love shopping? Love to save money? Like getting money back? Then BLASTOFF!!
    http://my.blastoffnetwork.com/shoppingrevolution09)@@@

***Been laid off and looking for a great opportunity with a company thats not a scam? Then ask me about becoming apart of my home business. Im associated with a company publicly traded on the NYSE for over 30years and listed in FORBES top 200 home businesses. (NOT AVON!)***

Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Under conditions of glycogen depletion, the muscle must begin to breakdown protein since branched chain amino acids present in protein can substitute for carbs, in terms of supplying energy directly as well as substituting for carbs.
    "At the cost of being repetitive, I have to once again state my amazement at the aspect of human nature that allows us to mix the most rigorous skepticism and the most acute gullibility"

"As drowned worshippers do not write histories of their experiences (it is better to be alive for that), so it is with the losers in history, whether people or ideas"

"Secular bull markets are designed to take the least amount of people along for the ride as possible, call it universal law."

Originally Posted by extremeX75 View Post
    Not a bad question and one I have found myself asking every now and again. Hopefully I can explain this in a non-complicated format. First let's start with the BCAA's

BCAA's, or "branch chain amino acids" as you might know them by are called because of the way they are formed, into "branched chains" of three(3) non-essential amino acids, leucine, isoleucine, and valine. The most important one of these being Leucine is what with give you the most benefit. Leucine helps prevent muscle catabolism and promote protein synthesis. The other two acids aid in its function as well as providing some other benefits. A good informative site that describes what each of these three highly valuable amino acids do is on here: http://www.anyvitamins.com/isoleucine-info.htm

Whey Protein (EXAMPLE ONLY) I?m using whey as an example as it?s the best protein source you can take. Best meaning, its bioavailability to the human body, its absorption (around 12-15 minutes after intake) and its benefits. To get a better idea as to what I mean you might want to check this website out: http://www.usgyms.net/whey%20protein.htm there?s a plethora of information out there pertaining to whey protein and I would suggest taking it pre and post workout.

**CONCLUSION: As you can see there are benefits to taking both of these supplements. Truth be told, you cannot get BCAA's naturally so the only way is by supplementation. Even when taking these three you are not getting the amino acids required for muscle growth and repair. BCAA's help prevent muscle breakdown as well as promotion of protein synthesis. In order to have protein synthesis work what must you have? You guessed it! PROTEIN! That is why it is crucial to take BCAA's before, during AND after you workout. You need to also take a protein shake after you workout as you need to bring your body out of a catabolic state and back into an anabolic state. BCAA's AND Protein powder when used together make this much easier and faster for your body. You will also recover slightly faster with BCAA's than without. Just remember that protein is usually synthesized through the essential amino acids that you get form meats, dairy, protein powder etc. and not from just BCCA's alone. BCAA's aren't too expensive either. You can buy Dymatize's product for about $20 and you'll get 100 servings!. Check it out in the store, and let me know if this was useful or if you have any further questions regarding this response or other topics. Good luck and TRAIN HARD!
    Thanks a lot you really answered the core to my question. I think I might get some BCAas, any idea if the BCAAs are absorbed immediately?
    im fat

extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremeX75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thegreatsebabo View Post
    Thanks a lot you really answered the core to my question. I think I might get some BCAas, any idea if the BCAAs are absorbed immediately?
    For the most part they are. However, it really comes down to the product you purchase. Most of them I have found take around 15-30 minutes to absorb. I take the Dymatize ones currently and preworkout it tells you to take a serving 45-60 minutes before and 15-30 after. Since I have been following those directions I have noticed an increased rate of recovery and so far i have put on a couple pounds in the last couple weeks due to proper nutrition and supplement timing. I would follow the directions on the label in my opinion, Other people might say otherwise.

***Been laid off and looking for a great opportunity with a company thats not a scam? Then ask me about becoming apart of my home business. Im associated with a company publicly traded on the NYSE for over 30years and listed in FORBES top 200 home businesses. (NOT AVON!)***

Lift heavy or don't lift Lotto20's Avatar
    Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    from what ive heard purple wraath is an awesome BCAA and EAA product...
    Personal Bests
    Bench - 340
    Deadlift - 515
    Squat - 405

Currently cutting
    Start - 233
    Current - 227 March26th 2010

romenganNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) romenganNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) romenganNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) romenganNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think 15-30 mins is a very generous guess for absorption rate

what would be the comparision to say hydrolyzed protein with regards to absorption speed?

Originally Posted by Lotto20 View Post
    from what ive heard purple wraath is an awesome BCAA and EAA product...
    I too have heard good things in regards to this product though I have not tried it myself. The only other BCAA product I have tried is Animal Nitro and that was awesome. It acutally has you taking it immediatley before and after rather than the times I explained above by Dymatize.

Originally Posted by romenganNYC View Post
    i think 15-30 mins is a very generous guess for absorption rate

what would be the comparision to say hydrolyzed protein with regards to absorption speed?
    If you are speaking of whey protein then the absortion rate is very fast, often in as little time as 15 minutes. This is the main reason Whey is the best protein source after a workout. Cassein as you know, is the slowest digesting protein and ofen can take a couple hours. I usually use aprotein blend that way I get some whey, as well as have some protein geting absorbed over the next couple of hours.