td1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can amino acid pills replace protein shakes completely?

Are amino acid tablets (like "Bricker Labs Amino Supreme") an alternative to protein shakes, i.e. do I have to still have to take protein shakes if I take amino acid pills?

Which amino acids should such a tablet definitely contain in addition to the BCAAs?

DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, I don't think so. Protien gets converted to amino acid I believe, not the other way around....

FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you realize how many pills you'd have to pop?

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Amino acids are a complete rip off. get whey, 10x cheaper
    Bulking.

Check out my Cre Ethyl Thunder Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=387162

My problem with protein shakes is that I get pimples if I take them and I don't know why. It has to be one of the many ingredients because I certainly don't have a lactose intolerance and it can't be the fat that is in the milk because I only use low fat milk (0,3%) for shakes.

I used to have acne but not anymore because it was treated with Accutane and I usually don't have any pimples at all - only when I take protein shakes...

Come on guys, this is probably the best bodybuilding forum on the Internet.
    If I don't get the information I need here then I don't know where I can go.
    Help me and you will get REPUTATION POINTS

Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well, I don't think amino acid pills could replace protein powder. The closest thing that would replace it would probably be liquid amino acids. They are probably your best choice. I would go with them over the pills any day.
    YOU ARE NOT A SLAVE

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by td1983
    My problem with protein shakes is that I get pimples if I take them and I don't know why. It has to be one of the many ingredients because I certainly don't have a lactose intolerance and it can't be the fat that is in the milk because I only use low fat milk (0,3%) for shakes.

I used to have acne but not anymore because it was treated with Accutane and I usually don't have any pimples at all - only when I take protein shakes...
    If you are somehow alergic, switch to another brand and see what happens. I doubt it's the protein making you have zits though. They are cause by hormonal changes. Let me guess you're a teenager? If yes, then that is why you're getting zits not the protein.

Audioslave, why are liquid amino acids better than amino tablets?

sculli, I'm 21 and my acne is cured. Unless I take protein shakes, my skin looks flawless.

Will Lift for Food boostnmuscle's Avatar
    boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) boostnmuscle is not very well liked. (-100)
    dude im 18 and used to think it was protein shakes that make me break out...ive had minor acne for about 4 years now and i really only get some small pimples when i lift consecutively for a few days in a row...thats when hormone/test levels raise and thats when i break out...drink ur protein and sit out in the sun 1x or 2x a week and the acne shouldnt be that noticeable at all...(suns chemicals and uv rays kill bacteria in pimples)
    STILL NATURAL

5'11
    218 lbs
    10% bf

Still Bulkin'

...Always been stickin' to the basics...
    -Whey-
    -Fish/Flax Oil-
    -CEE-
    -Multi-
    -FOOD-

Certified NFPT Physical Trainer

Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Amino acids are protein.

Each gram of protein gets broken down to 1000 mg of amino acids

So if you want to see how it equates to protein powder, if a scoop of protein powder has 24 grams of protein, you would have to take 24 individual amino acid pills (most of them are 1000mg each) to equal that one scoop of protein. Thats alot of pills.

If you are getting enough protein through diet and are taking a whey or other protein supplement then you don't need to take individual amino acids.

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    rofl no amino acid pills can't replace protein shakes.
    in fact, i won't really take amino acid pills, unless they're bcaa, and that would be only when i have a lot of excess money
    can you imagine, to take in 40 g of protein post workout, you'd have to down 40 1000mg amino acid pills.
    it's not good for you, seriously, sooner or later you'd choke.
    and that besides , amino acid pills are freakin' expensive in relation to whey. and could you imagine the looks you'd get from the stores you get them from when you'd have to buy like, 15 bottles of amino acid pills per month? seeing how you consume about half a bottle every postworkout...
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

Thank you bootsnmuscle and Rippd for your replies!

bootsnmuscle, having a flawless skin is extremely important to me, even more important than being muscular and defined. The sun doesn't shine much in November but I have a good tan because I go to the use tanning booth regularly. Increased testosterone levels through training is definetely not the reason for my zits because I haven't been in the gym for 4 months (!) now because of my skin.

Rippd, that's a nice explanation, 24 pills are really a lot!

What could be the reason that I can eat everything and have no problems with my skin but as soon as I take some protein shakes my skin begins to look messy? Has anybody else had a similiar problem where he discovered that it was a certain ingredient that caused the problems?

F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rippd
    Amino acids are protein.

Each gram of protein gets broken down to 1000 mg of amino acids

So if you want to see how it equates to protein powder, if a scoop of protein powder has 24 grams of protein, you would have to take 24 individual amino acid pills (most of them are 1000mg each) to equal that one scoop of protein. Thats alot of pills.

If you are getting enough protein through diet and are taking a whey or other protein supplement then you don't need to take individual amino acids.
    other way round, amino acids are protein, there are many many amino acids, we need 20 i think. A protein is just many amino acids joined together with peptide bonds. Amino acids also have no nutritional value as far as i know.

Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you bootsnmuscle and Rippd for your replies!

bootsnmuscle, having a flawless skin is extremely important to me, even more important than being muscular and defined. The sun doesn't shine much in November but I have a good tan because I go to the use tanning booth regularly. Increased testosterone levels through training is definetely not the reason for my zits because I haven't been in the gym for 4 months (!) now because of my skin.

Rippd, that's a nice explanation, 24 pills are really a lot!

What could be the reason that I can eat everything and have no problems with my skin but as soon as I take some protein shakes my skin begins to look messy? Has anybody else had a similiar problem where he discovered that it was a certain ingredient that caused the problems?
    if your skin is that much more important to you...then stop drinking them and working out...there, problem solved......or you can just get ur protein from whole foods and drop the whey...prob solved
    We can rebuild him, Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Audioslave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Audioslave, why are liquid amino acids better than amino tablets?

sculli, I'm 21 and my acne is cured. Unless I take protein shakes, my skin looks flawless.
    I like the liquid amino acids more because I get more protein from it.
    YOU ARE NOT A SLAVE

double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2 suggestions:

1 - Try a few different kinds of protein powders and see what happens. More than likely it's a filler and not the actual protein power that's causing you the problem. There are sites out there that let you design your own and it's very inexpensive...try that out (PM me if you want one of them).

2 - Drop the powder and just eat tuna, chicken or eggs instead. You can get a lot of protein out of a big can of tuna (about 60 grams I think).

Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moo7a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    guys.. amino acids arent that bad.. u've forgotten to mention something

Protiens are made of amino acids.. but first, the whey protein u take should be digested in ur stomach into amino acids. Now comes the trick, amino tablets are great in postworkout as they contain pre digested pure full spectrum of amino acids u need. take the milligrams u need of each seperate amino acid profile, plus the whey protien shake, u get extra benefit.!!! also u can take 2 or 3 pills during ur workout, for instant supply to help anabolic environment.

Whey alone is enough
    Amino (in a smart way) plus Whey is the best combo
    I want to be a FREAK INSANE HUGE ANIMAL

Disclaimer :-
    I don't use steroids. Never will, Never did.
    I'm an imaginary user. Any and all advise i give or recieve from other members i understand is stricky hypothetical in this fantasy land forum. All info is for educational/entertainment use only.

Reps are always returned... REP ME PLZZZ

Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Proteins are made up of amino acids, Just take some whey protein.