weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

lats and bench press

lately ive picked up the intensity of my workouts and when im getting near the end of my workout doing incline or decline db press my lats seem to give out before my chest or tri's. I didnt even know i was really using my lats in those lifts and do you think that could be a reason why i have such a weak bench press(only 190lbs)?

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ur training split might be to blame...post here for me to critique..heh.....about the strength problem, just give it time man....190 is alotta weight, just cuz u aren't benching 6 plates a side like some of those crazy dudes jacked up on deca-d, doesn't mean u aren't strong...and if ur into bodybuilding, u shouldn't be worried about the weight of the weights that u are using, just use enough weight to give u a burn...if u want to powerlift, let me know, i have a routine in a magazine around here somewhere that that crazy pavel tsatouline dude wrote, and my friend tried it (he's a power-lifter) and it worked MAGIC for him

Mike Fortier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are many keys to a big bench, but strong lats are important because you use them to explode of off when pushing away from your chest.

If you want some great info on increasing your bench check this out- http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_115b600.html

weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Icex999
    ur training split might be to blame...post here for me to critique..heh.....about the strength problem, just give it time man....190 is alotta weight, just cuz u aren't benching 6 plates a side like some of those crazy dudes jacked up on deca-d, doesn't mean u aren't strong...and if ur into bodybuilding, u shouldn't be worried about the weight of the weights that u are using, just use enough weight to give u a burn...if u want to powerlift, let me know, i have a routine in a magazine around here somewhere that that crazy pavel tsatouline dude wrote, and my friend tried it (he's a power-lifter) and it worked MAGIC for him
    here is my workout
    MONDAY
    Core Lifts
    -Bench Press (bigger, stronger, faster/other)
    -Squats (bigger, stronger, faster)
    Chest
    -Decline db Press (3x10)
    -Fly’s (3x10)
    Tri’s
    -Overhead tri. Extensions (3x10)
    -Skull Crushers (3x10)
    Bi’s
    -Curl’s (3x10)
    -Hammer Curl’s (3x8each arm)
    Cardio
    -1-1.5 mile cool off jog

Tuesday
    -Varied sprints and ab’s

Wednesday
    Core Lifts
    -Clean’s (bigger, stronger, faster)
    -Jammer (bigger, stronger, faster)
    -Deadlift (bigger, stronger, faster/other)
    Back Neck Shoulders
    -Lat Pulldowns to chest (3x10)
    -Rows (3x10)
    -Shrugs 3x10
    -Neck Developer (3x10)
    -Push Press (3x5-8)
    Legs
    -Calves (3xburn)
    Cardio
    -1-1.5 mile cool off jog

Thursday
    -Varied sprints and abs

Friday
    Core Lifts
    -Bench Press (bigger, stronger, faster/other)
    -Box Squats (bigger, stronger, faster)
    Chest
    -Incline db Press (3x10)
    -Fly’s (3x6-8)
    Tri’s
    -Overhead tri. Extensions (3x8)
    -With lat. machine (3x10)
    Bi’s
    -Curl’s (3x6-8)
    -Concentration Curls (3x10each arm)
    Cardio
    -1-1.5 mile cool off jog

Saturday
    -Varied Sprints and abs

Sunday
    NOTHING

yeah im training more for powerlifting and mostly to increase my strength for football, so id like to see that workout...thanks man

Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pete has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lats are important because they help produce a solid base from which to push the weight up. If you have a weaker smaller base it will be harder to get the weight up. However if you have a larger base, which you keep tight throughout the movement you will be able to get the heavier weights up.

You should also be keeping the rest of your body tight.

SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    damn as if chest DOMS wasnt enuff my serratus/lats kills after chest day... =-(

peace
    shaun
    why are you reading this? go lift. = P

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you have a sticking point in the lower part of your bench press because of weak lats, you might want to try some heavy partials for the lower range.

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok...i'll see if i can find that magazine sometime today...but in terms of ur split, i think u might want to squat on a different day than u do ur decline db...try one workout where u do ur decline db's before ur squats...if ur doing heavy squats pretty much ur entire body goes into stabilization, so u might be weak from that...or take a break after ur squats...like a nice 5 minute walk around ur gym checking out all the hot ladies in a nearby spinning class