Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2450
    I'm not in the blue shirt Fitsie's Avatar
    Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000)
    just got a new road bike

CALLE 500 700C ALLOY & CARBON 18 SPEED ROAD BIKE
    Frame Size 42cm 46.5cm 50cm 55.5cm

* 700c 7005 TIG Welded Alloy Frame with Carbon Rear Chain Stays
    * Carbon Flat Bladed Forks
    * Alloy Handlebar with Zoom Alloy A Head Stem
    * Tektro Dual Pivot Alloy Brakes
    * Prowheel Chariot 421 Alloy Cranks, 39 x 53T
    * Weinmann Quaser Alloy Wheel Rims with CNC sidewalls
    * Formula Alloy Quick release Hubs. Rear Cassette
    * Formula Forza Stainless Steel Spokes. 20 Front, 24 Rear
    * Kenda 700 x 26c Tyres
    * Velo Micro Adjust Sports Saddle with Alloy Clamp
    * Shimano Tiagra STI Shifters with indicators, Shimano Tiagra Derailleurs

Using it to ride to and from work daily. Feels good man
    You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just went to Dicks Sporting Goods for the first time and seen LOTS of nice Hybrid and Comfort bikes. WOW they looks really nice compared to the WalMart bikes Ive seen. Im not looking to spend tons of money so Im looking at a couple that are 300$...Very nice looking bikes. PLUS they work on them right there in the store. Very nice!!

Im trying to sell a few things to be able to buy one. Im really hoping to pick one up soon. Just thought I would throw this out there in case some people "LIKE ME" have never been to D.S.G..
    !!!!DONT LIKE ME?..DONT AGREE!!!...DONT CARE!!!!..."drops mic"...PEACEOUT!!!

esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Both of our bikes. Been riding the Bianchi Strada LX a little bit around town. Going to step it up this weekend with a ride to work. May start using it to commute.. 6.5 miles one way shouldn't be hard. Needs new tires first. The dbx MT1000 is the wife's but I'm thinking about getting her another and trying some off-road.. not a very well built bike for what I hear though. Bought both bikes for less than $20 and the helmets we have are almost brand new and paid less than 2 bucks each.. check those thrift stores! A good option for those you that don't want to pay big bucks starting out!

Ultra Cardio Bunny OdeToArsenal47's Avatar
    OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Neat, didn't notice the bike thread.

Rode a good 15-20 miles on my Diamondback MTB on a paved trail through the greenway system in town.

I have a question though. In a year, I'm planning to bike with a friend across Tennessee, from Mountain City to Memphis. I'd have to carry along a sleeping bag and some food in a pack of some sort. What kind of bike would you suggest? I'm thinking a hybrid bike. Ideally I'd like to get the Surly Long Haul Trucker, but that's WAY out of my price range. My price range is $500 and under. I'm primarily looking on craigslist and whatnot, but I just wonder what bikes I should be looking for. I know I definitely don't want to bring a mountain bike along on these 40-50 mile legs through the Smoky Mountains.
    %%--Southern and Damn Proud Crew--%%
    Tennessee Titans-Nashville Predators-Memphis Grizzlies-Chicago Cubs-Arsenal FC
    Reps on Site: All Servicemen and Women

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OdeToArsenal47 View Post
    Neat, didn't notice the bike thread.

Rode a good 15-20 miles on my Diamondback MTB on a paved trail through the greenway system in town.

I have a question though. In a year, I'm planning to bike with a friend across Tennessee, from Mountain City to Memphis. I'd have to carry along a sleeping bag and some food in a pack of some sort. What kind of bike would you suggest? I'm thinking a hybrid bike. Ideally I'd like to get the Surly Long Haul Trucker, but that's WAY out of my price range. My price range is $500 and under. I'm primarily looking on craigslist and whatnot, but I just wonder what bikes I should be looking for. I know I definitely don't want to bring a mountain bike along on these 40-50 mile legs through the Smoky Mountains.
    Too bad you dont live near me...I live by Kentucky Lake in Henry Co. I cant find anyone to ride anywhere. Im not looking to ride LONG distance really but maybe 10miles or so once in a while..Wish I knew how to find people..Good luck and be safe..

OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by esmith2039 View Post

Been riding the Bianchi Strada LX Bought both bikes for less than $20

A Bianchi for $20? Color me jealous.

Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    Too bad you dont live near me...I live by Kentucky Lake in Henry Co. I cant find anyone to ride anywhere. Im not looking to ride LONG distance really but maybe 10miles or so once in a while..Wish I knew how to find people..Good luck and be safe..
    Dang, I'm sure Kentucky's really nice to get around on. And yeah, duly noted. Kinda nervous about taking a bike to Nashville and Memphis...

Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Orlando Abs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What up...i'm older then most bmx riders, but look young and think young. So that means I still am naive and ride a BMX in addition to my MTB. I have a custom fit series2 BMX that is a blast to ride street on. It really helps you on trails when you hop on your MTB. my MTB is a Jamis Komodo. Not having gears is really good cardio and builds your legs up great.

I probably ride my BMX 5 times a week and my mtb once right now due to living in a city.

I love to ride regardless..my favorite activity is taking drops. I will take stair drops on the bmx and ledge drops in freeride areas. I am wondering how much my frame can handle as I am doing 10 footers at some parks and the bike was not super expensive. You really have to trust your bike to ride mtb and be aggressive , but you all know that. I plan to buy more and more parts and upgrade and then buy a new frame..im thinking SantaCruz.

Only thing I can't get into is road biking. I'm sure the speed is nice, but I like a more aggressive style.

esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esmith2039 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A Bianchi for $20? Color me jealous.
    Got a Nishiki a few years ago for $13 just have to know what you're looking for. Sold it for $50 in hindsight no wonder why the guy paid without arguing and ran.. probably worth twice that.

Dang, I'm sure Kentucky's really nice to get around on. And yeah, duly noted. Kinda nervous about taking a bike to Nashville and Memphis...
    nononoooo....I dont live in Kentucky..I live in Tn probably on your way to Memphis. IF you are taking I40? or anything north of it. I live in Henry Co Tn close to ky lake/tn lake whatever you choose to call it..lol

nononoooo....I dont live in Kentucky..I live in Tn probably on your way to Memphis. IF you are taking I40? or anything north of it. I live in Henry Co Tn close to ky lake/tn lake whatever you choose to call it..lol
    Ohhhh, gotcha. West Tennessee is pretty nice, but then again, so is middle and north. I love Tennessee.

And went to the bike shop today and found my bike. Just got to wait a couple weeks for my next check.

Trek 7100. Rides like a DREAM. Felt like I was in a Cadillac or something. Awesome, awesome bike. $400, not too bad.

Ohhhh, gotcha. West Tennessee is pretty nice, but then again, so is middle and north. I love Tennessee.

And went to the bike shop today and found my bike. Just got to wait a couple weeks for my next check.

Trek 7100. Rides like a DREAM. Felt like I was in a Cadillac or something. Awesome, awesome bike. $400, not too bad.
    OMG!!...thats the exact type of bike im wanting. THey have some like that at walmart for like 200 or so...very nice looking too..Not a Trek but Schwinn..Even went to Dicks Sporting Goods the other weekend and sat on some nice onces like those..Very comfy!!..Now If I had 200-500$$..

I'm not in the blue shirt Fitsie's Avatar
    Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000) Fitsie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Had a little incident one night on my way home.

I stopped for a stop sign and this little scooter/motorbike behind me just thought I'd roll through it.

He skidded and crashed into my back wheel. I rolled forward slightly and he fell off.

I looked behind me and he was laying on the ground with his scooter on top of him.

Cars were driving past beeping their horns and laughing.

like my story?
    You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seen this thread a few times, figured I'd join in.

Picked this up a week ago, rides awesome. Figured that it was time to replace the SX trail with something more DH friendly. Can't wait to head out to the mountains tomorrow!

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)

Bro... I dunno dude looks kinda like an old man's bike or something. What kind of riding are you looking to do? I'd probably opt for something slightly more "aggressive" but that's just me...

Oh and guys I am looking for an entry level pair of kevlar tires size 27x1.25 - any recommendation on tires? Thanks
    Last edited by bigdan; 06-08-2010 at 06:55 AM.
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

WELL I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN... CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND...

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^THIS^^^...people are so worried with having the so called best that they dont even know what they "need"...FOR most of the general public and most of the cyclist out there a BOXSTORE bike will be more than enough.

I remember when I was a kid I always wanted that 500$ BMX trick bike. I finally got one and could barely do any more than I did with my decked out TeamMurray I had. Spend wisely.
    I dunno guys I have had wal-mart bikes and I wouldn't take that thing on a real trail... it's important to get a bike that fits your body and is well put together. I rode that wal-mart bike for over a year (rode the sht out of it) and I noticed a big difference in quality when I stepped up to a used entry level trek.

I agree, buying uber expensive bikes when you aren't that serious is most likely a waste of money, but there is a big difference between a $75 wal-mart bike and a $300 trek...

That said, if you look on the secondary markets you can find nice bikes for dirt cheap. The $300 trek someone bought last year may be going for $150-200 because he's tired of it taking up space in his apartment... taking your time to find what you want and the best deal can save you a lot of $$$ and trouble in the long run.
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000)
    **** guys

just happened, had a run in with my idiot brother.....the tire is still inflated.....but the rim, as you can see, is done

how much do you guys think itll cost me for a new rim?
    See you, Space Cowboy.........

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets

PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GTS-t View Post
    Seen this thread a few times, figured I'd join in.

Picked this up a week ago, rides awesome. Figured that it was time to replace the SX trail with something more DH friendly. Can't wait to head out to the mountains tomorrow!

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/schwartzo/148.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/schwartzo/156.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/schwartzo/157.jpg[IMG]
    Nice bike. Where do you ride at?

Originally Posted by MajorCajones View Post
    **** guys

just happened, had a run in with my idiot brother.....the tire is still inflated.....but the rim, as you can see, is done

how much do you guys think itll cost me for a new rim?
    so wait, did he kick it or something?

Anyhow a new wheel will start at $50.

Bros I bought some new tires btw... Continental gatorskins. I'm gonna buy a new road bike seat next... trying to keep it under $50...
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000) MajorCajones is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigdan View Post
    so wait, did he kick it or something?

Anyhow a new wheel will start at $50.

Bros I bought some new tires btw... Continental gatorskins. I'm gonna buy a new road bike seat next... trying to keep it under $50...
    no......he was riding a MTB on pavement and told me he could beat my giant hyrid/flat bar road bike.

so like idiots, we raced, i beat him, slowed down and was going to u turn so i wouldnt plow into a dirt field, at which point he plows into my rear tires, my bike took the majority of the punishment, and im mostly OK, he however flew head over handlebars.....and had a facuful of pavement....ouch
    See you, Space Cowboy.........

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets

[QUOTE=GTS-t;501388581]Seen this thread a few times, figured I'd join in.

Where are the brakes at? Im not up to date with these bikes.

PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [QUOTE=mikieson;502661311]

They're hydraulic or mechanical disc brakes. That metal disc in the middle is attached to the wheel and when you brake it stops that thing. Gives you more stopping power.

GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTS-t will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PlasticTrees View Post
    Nice bike. Where do you ride at?
    Thanks brah. There's quite a few trails around town here in the coulees, short, but better than nothing, lol. Luckily the mountains are only 1 hour away, usually hit up Fernie during the summer for the ski hill.

Most, if not all newer bikes come with disc brakes now, the majority being hydraulic. Located on the front and rear hubs. While the calipers are mounted to the fork and the rear of the frame. Such an awesome improvement from every other brake, haha.

Thanks brah. There's quite a few trails around town here in the coulees, short, but better than nothing, lol. Luckily the mountains are only 1 hour away, usually hit up Fernie during the summer for the ski hill.

Most, if not all newer bikes come with disc brakes now, the majority being hydraulic. Located on the front and rear hubs. While the calipers are mounted to the fork and the rear of the frame. Such an awesome improvement from every other brake, haha.
    Yeah i'm in Edmonton, so its similar (just not coulees haha). Lots of trails all around the city but they're all pretty short. Mountains are like 4 hours away though

Yeah i'm in Edmonton, so its similar (just not coulees haha). Lots of trails all around the city but they're all pretty short. Mountains are like 4 hours away though
    Yeah that sucks. What do you ride FR, DH, X-Country, or All Mountain?

Hopefully be heading out to Fernie on Sunday for some of the local stuff, was supposed to Wed but the forecast was 10+ MM of rain so it was a no go, lol. I'll try and grab some pics this weekend and post'em up.

Yeah that sucks. What do you ride FR, DH, X-Country, or All Mountain?

Hopefully be heading out to Fernie on Sunday for some of the local stuff, was supposed to Wed but the forecast was 10+ MM of rain so it was a no go, lol. I'll try and grab some pics this weekend and post'em up.
    XC mainly. All mountain when I get the chance (which is rarely). Never really tried FR or DH, don't have a suitable bike or the balls to do half of that **** haha.

Nice man, have fun! And I know eh, it's been raining so much. I was out of the country for a month and I come back and it's raining pretty much everyday.

XC mainly. All mountain when I get the chance (which is rarely). Never really tried FR or DH, don't have a suitable bike or the balls to do half of that **** haha.

Nice man, have fun! And I know eh, it's been raining so much. I was out of the country for a month and I come back and it's raining pretty much everyday.
    Cool man. Most of the trails around here would be all mountain, nothing that would warrant a DH bike.

The rain has been crazy, I would say it's rained 10 of the last 15-16 days, which is super rare for southern Alberta. Finally supposed to be really nice this weekend, just got back from riding actually.

Well, didn't spring for the Trek. Got something better! A 1993 Ross Professional Gran Tour 10-Speed. Found a shop that specializes in restoring vintage bikes and he had this baby out. I love it!

higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50) higuys will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What is XC & FR stand for? Unaware

Originally Posted by higuys View Post
    What is XC & FR stand for? Unaware
    Cross-Country and Free-ride .