ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what muscles should i not work on the same day??

Hi, im pretty new to this, ive joined a gym and have jus been doing random exercises on the same day, i was wondering if there are any muscles that shouldnt be exercised on the same day. thanks alot

mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500)
    It all depends on your work out routine. You need to have a plan. Some people work out every body part in one session and take days off in between and some people prefer a split where you work out certain parts like for example when you bench press you work your chest, tris, and shoulders so some people may work those three groups one day then the next they might work there arms (biceps, forearms, etc.) and back then the next day they might work there legs and abs and so on. So there really isn't certain muscles you shouldn't work but if you have a split routine then maybe. I noticed you said you were new so I helped you out but for future references you need to search for this stuff first because if you ask something like this most people are going to tell you that since it's been explained many times.

ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanw123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ye i understand all that , thanks

is there any way of going back to this thread without having to save in itno my favourites?

LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100) LordHalbert is not very well liked. (-100)
    Here's my philosophy.

Do NOT do back/biceps on the same day.

Doing both on the same day will hurt the other one - whichever one comes last. If you punish your biceps first, you'll have nothing left over for your back which typically requires a lot of pulling and secondary bicep use due to the pulling action. If you do it the other way round, your biceps will be fatigued before you even start your bicep routine.

Do NOT do chest/shoulders/triceps on the same day.

Same logic applies here. If your pound your triceps into submission before hitting chest or shoulders, do you think you'll get a good chest/shoulder work out?? And if you hit shoulders/chest first, do you think your triceps will feel fresh enough for a good work out on the same day?

Well, that's my philosophy but yours may be different.

lokerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lokerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to disagree with LordHalbert, repectfully. I have seen some very big guys doing chest and then triceps. same with back then biceps. I also have made some big gains like this, in fact it's the only way I train.

I am not big, but when I made my biggest gain, it was doing chest/shoulders/tris then 2 days later biceps/back then 2 days later legs. maybe I just got lucky, or maybe the creatine helped. or all the macaroni I ate 2 hrs before working out.

anyway point is it worked for me.

Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree with Lordhalbert. I never work back/bi's or chest/tri's together. I felt that I never got a good workout with my tri's and bi's because they were too exhausted from chest or back.

But what works for some doesn't work for others. As you can see lokerman feels that he made good gains from it whereas LordHalbert and I don't like it.

The point is that for things like this, it's really up to the individual to try different things and decide what suits them best.
    Stop looking at me Swan.

what about shoulder press this works, chest and shoulders is it bad to do this?

SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have to disagree with Lordhalbert as well. While you may be lifting slightly less weights with your biceps after you've done a back workout, the benefit is that your biceps are already warmed up and pumped so you are far less likely to injure something and also do not have to waste as much time doing warm up sets. I've always worked out with back/bis on the same day and chest/tris on the same day and have made consistent gains that I am very happy with. You can make good gains either way, all depends on what your body prefers.

please could some1 tell me if there is an easier way to go back to this without saving it in my favrioutes?

Need the perfect stack... Burrhos's Avatar
    Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Burrhos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I prefer a 2-1 3-1 split that looks like this

Monday-Chest and Abs
    Tuesday-Back and Calves
    Wednesday-OFF
    Thursday-Shoulders/Traps and Abs
    Friday-Bis/Tris and Calves
    Saturday-Quads/Hams
    Sunday-OFF

this split allows me to hit each muscle group with the intensity that I like to train with and also allows ample rest between body parts that assist other groups. i.e. 48 hours between my chest and shoulder workouts and 48 hours between back and bicep workouts. In my opinion, you need to try out lots of different splits, routines, regimes to find which one works best for you.

And to see find this topic easier, just click on User CP at the top of the screen, then "list topics" on the left side of the screen.
    6' 209lbs
    Current stack: Food and water(lots of both), creatine, dedication

sks299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i prefer the split body workouts...they are quite effective.But then again it all depends on YOU and what YOUR BODY wants.