fcwulf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How do I work my pre-workout diet for cardio AND weights?

I wake up in the mornings and head straight to the gym. So I do my weightlifting and my 20 minutes cardo before I eat. Its kind of body for life... But I know its not the best way to go because my body is probably pulling my protein reserves in my muscles. What is the best way to go? Do my cardio first, eat a protein bar, and then hit the weights? I like to do cardio before I eat because it burns more fat.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000)
    DONT do cardio and a workout one after another.

Do cardio on your non-lifting days or at least a few hours apart on your lifting days.
    I don't reply to PM's for sources. Read it again. I don't reply to PM's for sources. But I will forward it to a Mod.
    "anyone gaining a solid 15lbs off of a cycle wasn't at their limit yet." - ratmonkey

OK. Thanks Drew

I guess I will just stagger. I dont like doing that. Rather just get it done all at once. But I dont think that is the best thing to do. What should I eat before training in the morning? Anything? A Protein bar? I take ephedrine and that gives me enough of a boost it seems. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by drew
    DONT do cardio and a workout one after another.

Do cardio on your non-lifting days or at least a few hours apart on your lifting days.
    What?!?!? Doing cardio right after a weight session is great. Just take a high carb drink before weighlifting and you will be fine. Post workout cardio has been shown to burn more fat than just doing cardio on non-workut days. The high carb drink will provide the energy for weighlifting and by the time your done you will already be catabolic and ready to burn fat. Post workout/cardio 30g whey/ 30g dextrose 10g glutamine...Do that and your fine
    Last edited by Bobo; 06-03-2002 at 09:44 PM.

hey bobo

Ok thats sounds good too. THanks for the info