comptechgsr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pros and cons of working out in the morning/at night?

i try to do cardio in the morning before breakfast (like 30 min of stair master, cycling or running).

then i usually lift after school/work - which is around 6-9 (i start anywhere w/in those hours, work out for about 1-1.5 hrs).

eat dinner, then in bed by 12-1.

pros and cons?
    i can technically wake up and lift/cardio before school/work, but that means i have to wake up at 6am...
    but i'd rather not

thanks

BigBluCheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They say that your hormone levels are their highest in the morning. And will give you a better work out.

I think it's best to work out in the morning as well. You feel better in the morning, so you can get a better workout. And you also feel better the rest of the day, granted your diet is right on. Also I'd rather have most of my simple carbs in the morning where it'll be put to good use (first thing in the morning breakfast, and after workout).

Also if I may make a suggestion. I think you should at least have a shake before you do cardio in the morning. You haven't eaten anything in the last 8 hours, so when you wake up, your catabolic state is pretty high. So you might be burning more muscle than fat.

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This topic comes up a lot. The best time is whenever you can make it in to the gym. I personally wish I could go in the morning but I'm usually too damn lazy to get up at 5:00 and go before work.