SixEightSix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need you help bad (protein based)

OK well here are the questions, ive been recommended to use protein powder instead of creatine because i am new to this.

1)Health, i usually eat rice krispies for breakfast, pop/turkeysandwhich/poutine all for lunch, a good dinner liek steak, and rice krispies for breakfast and usually fruit cups and granolla bras in between. I was wondering if i shoudl change anythign to this diet because while researching protein powder on this site you shoudl balance it off with carbs and soy it bad for you and somehting baout soy and clogging arteries.

2)Instead of changing diet a read about somehting thats not just protein it has carbs in it too. would this be easier. (money isnt a problem)

3)should i use protein powder before or after workout or a little before and after.

4)I read somehting about bad carbs and calories that deal with clogging arteries while reading an article on protein powder... is there any worry to this?

5)i heard soy is bad and should find a whey protein powder. does it matter?

6)any other tips or recomondations etc.

bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SixEightSix
    OK well here are the questions, ive been recommended to use protein powder instead of creatine because i am new to this.

1)Health, i usually eat rice krispies for breakfast, pop/turkeysandwhich/poutine all for lunch, a good dinner liek steak, and rice krispies for breakfast and usually fruit cups and granolla bras in between. I was wondering if i shoudl change anythign to this diet because while researching protein powder on this site you shoudl balance it off with carbs and soy it bad for you and somehting baout soy and clogging arteries.

2)Instead of changing diet a read about somehting thats not just protein it has carbs in it too. would this be easier. (money isnt a problem)

3)should i use protein powder before or after workout or a little before and after.

4)I read somehting about bad carbs and calories that deal with clogging arteries while reading an article on protein powder... is there any worry to this?

what is your goal?
    and take the protein powder in water after your workout with carbs. 2nd try eating eggs with your rice krispies. you want to be getting in protein at everymeal.
    1 year out!

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

"If your out of breath, dizzy, feel like vomiting, can't remember your name, you are on the right road".

www.mindandmuscle.net

Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spud will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I suggest a whey supp. to anyone. Its a high quality form of protein, and can be cost benefit compared to food, though yes, food is the best source. Also use the creatine w/ the protein, they work well together. Drop soda from your diet and drink water and milk, or other non-carbonated low sugar fluids. In order to critique your diet, you need to tell us your goals(ie. gain weight, lose weight..etc).
    *Old Skool Misc Crew*

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just use whey pre/post workout. You don't have to take it pre if you don't want to. Get most of your other protein from whole food sources. You can also get a Casein protein to take before sleeping.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

ok sorry... goals
    i wanna be bigger but not like this mad ultra weightlifter
    and i wanna gain weight, but in muscle mass mostly

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    rice krispies sound like something from kellogg's that isn't good for you.
    make sure the fat is trimmed off the steak.
    and you keep repeating yourself :P
    and type slowly, i don't understand half of what you're saying.
    wtf is this? i think you're talking about meal replacement products (MRP) or weight gainer. you could make your own weight gainer , its cheaper and often better than those available on the market. meal replacement products are more solid, but they're usually for people looking to lose weight, so you should add some carbs, most of them are low carb.
    you should ALWAYS use after. and combine it with some form of carbohydrates to spare your protein so that it can be used to build your muscles. before is optional, but good if you can afford it.
    what has protein powder got to do with BAD CARBS? refined carbs and transfats would clog up your arteries, i don't get what you're saying here. please do a repost with proper english and phrasing. think it through in your head first, then type it out, not the other way round.
    whey is superior to soy, that is undeniable. but you should not EXCLUDE soy from your diet because soy is not a bad protein. it has good proportions of glutamine / arginine / BCAAs and often people who are trying to cut would use this protein (in the isolate form). contary to popular belief, soy does not give you man boobies. i would buy whey over soy though. it does matter.
    i do not wish to keep repeating myself, but some of the questions above could be rephrased so that people on this forum could be better equipped to answer them.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

OK well here are the questions

1)I need to know if there should be any vitamins or nutrients or anything else I should be adding to my diet. I have a few bowls of cereal for breakfast, sandwhich,pop,poutine for lunch, somehting like steak or chicken for dinner, and more cereal at night with usually a granola bar and fruit cup in between.

2)I read that you should balance protein with carbs. Is there a protein powder that has protein and carbs?

3)Should i use protein powder before or after a workout?

4)I read that there are certain things in protein powders that cna clog arteries. Is this true?

5)I heard soy is bad for the heart. Is this true?

6)Can you offer me any other tips, hints, precautions or recomdations?

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1)I need to know if there should be any vitamins or nutrients or anything else I should be adding to my diet. I have a few bowls of cereal for breakfast, sandwhich,pop,poutine for lunch, somehting like steak or chicken for dinner, and more cereal at night with usually a granola bar and fruit cup in between.
    i would eat protein with snacks. as a bb you should be eating every 2 to 3 hours, with protein included in each meal. this will allow you to remain in a anabolic state by supplying amino acids to your muscles throughout the day. bowls of cereal for breakfast should be accompanied with something else so as to increase your amount of protein. most cereals aren't exactly protein rich. eat some tuna, or something. try not to eat cereal at night unless you are bulking, your body is in fat storing mode, so you'd tend to convert the cereal to fat, especially if the cereal has been highly processed.
    2)I read that you should balance protein with carbs. Is there a protein powder that has protein and carbs?
    protein powders have protein only. if you're looking for something with carbs you would go for Meal Replacement Products or Weight Gainers. Those aren't protein powders, but they're in powder form and are pretty convenient to mix with a shaker or blender. meal replacement products are pretty solid, but they have too low carbs to be suitable as a meal for the usual adult meal. so you could take them with some fruit. weight gainers on the market are usually lousy and chockful of sugar. if you're looking for postworkout nutrition, you could just buy dextrose AND protein powder. dextrose is pretty cheap, so it won't burn a hole in your wallet.
    3)Should i use protein powder before or after a workout?
    if you use whey before a workout, it will sort of protect your muscles, and supposedly increase protein synthesis compared to just taking protein postworkout. if you have a lot of money and a lot of protein powder, take it before AND after. if you have limited resources, after is more important than before. this will give your muscles the amino acids they're craving after workout to build up more muscles. you can take it at both times, for reasons i've mentioned earlier.
    4)I read that there are certain things in protein powders that cna clog arteries. Is this true?
    if you buy low quality protein powders that have excessive quantities of saturated fat, this could be true. however, certain protein powders like anabolic milk contain saturated fat in the form of MCT (medium chain triglycerides) which is good for you. MCTs are burnt preferentially to carbohydrates, btw. otherwise, if you buy good protein powders like ON 100% Whey, this is absolute bull****.
    5)I heard soy is bad for the heart. Is this true?
    bull****. soy is good for the heart because of its high content of isoflavones, which are well, good for the heart. however soy is an inferior source of protein compared to whey and casein because it is plant-based, so many bodybuilders would prefer to take dairy protein and animal protein over soy.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

5'10", 225, all sexy vanbiberjr's Avatar
    vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vanbiberjr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

your sources seem to be a little mistaken. yes, there are bad carbs, but from what i understand, cholesterol is what you may be referring to by the clogging of arteries. carbs are good (depending on what kind/how much/when eaten).

protein powder and creatine is like apples and oranges. two different supplements. both are good to take depending on your goals. creatine helps with the volumization (size) of muscles by bringing in more water, and protein is like the building blocks of the muscle.

protein is good after a workout, because that's when your muscle need it the most. carbs are good both before and after workouts. a "heavy" starchy carb (sweet potatoes, brown rice, pasta, nuts, dairy) is good in moderation before a workout because it will provide the body with a steady supply of energy. a "lighter" or faster-burning carb (breads, some grains, corn chips or cereals, etc...) is good afterwards because it provides the muscles with the needed energy to quickly assimilate the protein and other nutrients into the muscles. protein is something that is needed in steady supply throughout the day. 20-30 grams at a time (every 3-4 hours) is suggested. more than that, and the extra protein is wasted. good sources of protein are: meats (lean meats, chicken, tuna), dairy (milk, cheeses, whey protein), nuts, beans, etc...
    get your daily protein from a variety of sources, because all can provide with different amino acids (building blocks of PROTEIN). research on some of the different diets and nutrients, and sources of food.

good luck
    You're going to get criticized no matter what you do, especially if you're trying to achieve something and rise above the flock. Do it anyway. Negative criticism from others is often a sign that you're on your way up in the world.

any man who says he can see right through a girl is obviously missing the point. - Groucho Marx