TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Has anyone gained strength and mass of high reps?

Has anyone gained mass and strength with high reps? Come on, you have to be gaining strength if your using 225 for 10 to 15 reps. Has anyone gotten good results when using high weight and high reps?

Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no its never happened before in the history of man-kind

ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheBeast29
    Has anyone gained mass and strength with high reps? Come on, you have to be gaining strength if your using 225 for 10 to 15 reps. Has anyone gotten good results when using high weight and high reps?
    If you can go "high reps", it means you are not using "high weight"! (at least according to your strenght)

Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends on your definition of 'high reps'. People do gain off about 15-20 reps, people say this is a good range for calves (a belief I don't subscribe to).

Anything above 20, no. You won't.
    "There are only two ways a man can fail - he gives up, or he dies"

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I prefer higher reps on alot of bodyparts, both because those bodyparts of mine respond better to high reps and I need to work around certain injuries/impedences. For example, everyone seems to like lower reps for triceps/biceps, but I find that much higher reps really get mine growing better than ANYthing else. It's all about how your bodyparts respond to certain rep schemes. I'm sorry, but no one can tell you that you have to train this bodypart in this rep range or another in another rep range.

Amy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i love how my sister, who does not know anything whatsoever about lifting, tries to tell me that i should do lighter weights so that i can do more reps because she thinks it is stupid to do low reps with a lot of weight. Of course its no use trying to tell her that she is wrong because in her head she is always right. Very annoying.
    "They've all come to watch you swallow fire"
    . : Almost Famous : .

Chodeface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the biggest guy i know does almost every set with a least 12 reps. For example, he does skull crushers with 15 reps followed by 15 close grips reps immediatly after and on the incline 10 full reps with 10 half reps following immediatly. we did lots of other really weird stuff with some sets including 30-40 reps. can't argue with him, he's all natural with 20 inch arms and a 450 bench(although he hates flat bench press).

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hehe, i have no idea man, i haven't tried it.
    but there's like 1 or 2 real huge guys in my gym that do about 20-30 reps of not-that-heavy weight.. its just weird, my eyes always pop out when they're doing that. and they do it for literally every set and almost every exercise.
    and they are huge.
    as in, huge.
    ok, you got the idea.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

Crown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    and has any1 every gone and asked these bug guys how many years and how many supplements it took them to get like that???

the whole point of the low rep ranges is to find the OPTIMUM way to train, the way that is most efficient the way to GAIN MORE IN LESS TIME

pretty damn simple

i would rather train 45 min a day than 90 min a day to get the same results its all about efficiency

Charm1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if 10 reps are considered high reps then yes
    run em ha'ad!!!!!

MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MGriff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Isn't it

1-8 reps(high weight)-strength
    12-20 reps(low weight)-volume

?

Chodeface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mischiev
    hehe, i have no idea man, i haven't tried it.
    but there's like 1 or 2 real huge guys in my gym that do about 20-30 reps of not-that-heavy weight.. its just weird, my eyes always pop out when they're doing that. and they do it for literally every set and almost every exercise.
    and they are huge.
    as in, huge.
    ok, you got the idea.
    i was shocked when he showed me his routines. we also did one armed tricep pull downs for 3 sets with 20 reps per set(perfect form, he only had it on 40 lbs. of resistance). the guy has only been lifting for about 2.5-3 years and is an absolute beast. i remember on the skull crushers he only used 75 lbs. (450 bench mind you). from what i have read i would have just guessed he was exhausting his muscles and not overloading them.

warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think it depends on what bodypart and exercise ur doing. I dont think i would want to go no more than 8 on say somethin like squats or military presses but another exercise like lat pulldowns or bicep curls anywhere in the 8-12 rep range is pretty good (for me anyways).
    "It's not that i'm that smart, it's just i picked a profession where everybody is stupid" Patrick Arnold

"Yes I Get That Your Balls Might Shrink While On It...but Last Time I Checked I Didnt Fuxk With My Balls Its The Shaft You Use Isnt It? And It Dosent Shrink...." Pro Lee Priest

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Chodeface
    i was shocked when he showed me his routines. we also did one armed tricep pull downs for 3 sets with 20 reps per set(perfect form, he only had it on 40 lbs. of resistance). the guy has only been lifting for about 2.5-3 years and is an absolute beast. i remember on the skull crushers he only used 75 lbs. (450 bench mind you). from what i have read i would have just guessed he was exhausting his muscles and not overloading them.
    He uses impeccable form doesn't he? That's the way I lift, I am constantly revamping my form to perfect it more and more. If you saw me training in the gym you'd probably think I was just average strength from the weight I was using.

MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by USMuscle9403
    He uses impeccable form doesn't he? That's the way I lift, I am constantly revamping my form to perfect it more and more. If you saw me training in the gym you'd probably think I was just average strength from the weight I was using.
    well for me only low reps have worked. High reps give me nothing at all, i even gain more endurance if i use heavy weights, because then the lighter weights would seem alot lighter. So i try to stay within the 4-10 rep range. For example when i first started i wanted to be able to do 20 reps with 135 bench press before i went any heavier, i could not even get 15 reps for weeks! I started training with low reps heavier weight and i was able to get it up 26 times within 2 months. But for others, they can do only pushups for hunderds of reps and still be able to gain mass and bench press 250. Like someone said before, just do what works best for you!

Crown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    roids

massive-me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheBeast29
    lifting weights will build mass and strength. Even if you do high reps if you are going until near failure your body will naturally build more muscle. Lots of people say you must do low reps, high weight and this is partly true. But you can still gain mass and strength off of lower weight and high reps as long as you work hard. Weight will make you grow, its a fact. Thats why people do things like 21s.... that is very high reps!
    I am Kaptain King ****!

_teddy_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it all comes down to what works for you man. remember, that youor body will grow to suit its need. and on a physical level, the muscle tissues are tearing making your body need to repair it, and it will grow bigger after that. So if doing high reps can tear muscle fibers then great. if low reps with high weight can do it.. great.. whatever works for you

also its not really your high weight if you can do 10 reps but you prob meant medium weight...

also doing medium weight with high reps will avoid injury better than high weight and low reps to try to gain muscle mass..