Thread: Quaker Oatmeal

zidane123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quaker Oatmeal

hello.

i have 2 oat meals at the house,both from quaker.

1.Quaker Quick Oats (100% NATURAL ROLLED OATS)
    2.Old Fashioned Quaker Oats (100% NATURAL ROLLED OATS)

is there a difference in the GI?
    and which is better to use please?

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    The old fashioned oats have a lower-gi and are better to use for the most part. Quick oats are better only for PWO.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stick with the quaker rolled oats bro, if u want to use the quick oats use them postworkout
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10) binky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    The old fashioned oats have a lower-gi and are better to use for the most part. Quick oats are better only for PWO.
    I believe they are the same, and not lower GI. The only difference is that the quick oats are sliced into pieces to cook faster, while the old fasioned are whole. I've used both, and I think it's just preference.

Check these links out:

http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/Product...dFashioned.cfm
    http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/Product...-QuickOats.cfm

But if you're talking about the small, flavored oatmeal packets which are filled with sugar, then I agree.

Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't see the reason behind quick oats. I make my oatmeal in less than 5 minutes...
    Davinci flavor oppinions:
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    cookie dough-good (not sweet but has flavor)
    German Chocolate Cake- good (sweet, not strong)
    PB- good(sweet, not strong flavor)
    Gingerbread- good (taste like gingerale/no good on pancakes, okay in oatmeal)
    Coconut- good. (has flavor..a tiny sweetness)
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Danish Pastry-good (if you like cookie dough you would like this)
    Blueberry-Awesome/good

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Maximum6
    I don't see the reason behind quick oats. I make my oatmeal in less than 5 minutes...
    Exactly, rolled oats take 5 mins tops.

DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only difference in the oats is that the quick ones are cut up finer. So if you are grinding them up, what is the difference???

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    point taken, oats are one of the quickest things to prepare!
    Unaffiliated.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DaIceman
    The only difference in the oats is that the quick ones are cut up finer. So if you are grinding them up, what is the difference???
    No, they are more processed and have much less fibre and stuff.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whole ground rolled oats bro
    @teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Quick Oats = 2 minutes (nuked). I'm a busy man, baby!
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thats how long it take for me to make mine...not couting putting water in the sause pan and measuring the oats in a cup.
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Blueberry-Awesome/good

Registered User guysanfrancisco's Avatar
    guysanfrancisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guysanfrancisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guysanfrancisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guysanfrancisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guysanfrancisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oats are so bland that i tried it just for one day and left.

can i mix banana with it? how do u guys eat your oats?

Cook em up add protein powder, sugar free divinci and enjoy also egg whites

Originally Posted by guysanfrancisco
    oats are so bland that i tried it just for one day and left.

can i mix banana with it? how do u guys eat your oats?
    @teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Man..i can eat plain oatmeal everyday...without cinnamon or syrup .

But i'm still trying to use up the PB, Gingerbread, Macadamia nut...that doesn't taste that great on Pancakes....!!

Add a banana in there..and some walnuts..hmmmmm

Or maybe some almonds and blueberries..hmmm

or apple and cinnamon..hmmm

Strawberry on it doesn't taste that great to me.
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Blueberry-Awesome/good

JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eh,these instant ones I got at a health food store have the same nutritional info as quaker rolled oats,my quaker oats were getting low so i mixed the 2.The friggin health info was indentical so why not?

Joedan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i like peaches n cream :0

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by binky
    I believe they are the same, and not lower GI. The only difference is that the quick oats are sliced into pieces to cook faster, while the old fasioned are whole. I've used both, and I think it's just preference.
    not true, the quick oats have been processed further.
    imho,
    rolled oats > quick cooking oats > instant oatmeal
    the more processed something is, the more not-good it is, normally.
    jsut go by that guide, and you should be fine.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon