BD231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BD231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy HELP! Crash Dieter needs advice ***FAST***

Hey All,

I'm really ph*cking fed up with nutrition. I used to way 350 pounds and got down to 180 on Atkins. All I ate was meat and eggs, felt like sh*t the entire time, now I'm just plain tired of feeling like sh*t and have a binge eating problem!

I have a carbohydrate phobia which I need to lick but I have no idea where to start. I've read a ton of nutrition articals but there's so much confliction information my head is about to explode. I keep crash dieting (atkins) then over eating to compensate for the lack of carbs.

Currently I'm 6'0" at a bulky 190 pounds and need someone to help me out. I used to exercise like a beast but don't anymore because my appitite gets bigger on me which was a nitemare.

My biggest problem is carbohydrate, I just don't know how to use them. I know I need to eat them in the AM, but I'm not sure what I need to be eating, and how much fat as well. Can someone get me started? I can't do this!!!!

Go ahead and flame, I know I seem like a lazy SOB, but this comes from 4 years of obsessing about food and feeling like complete crap the entire time. My metabolism is *JACKED* and I'm at the end of my rope.
    "Count the shells suck'a'duck!!!!"

Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well its great that you finally see the light.

Atkins isn't a really good diet to go on...unless you're REALLY OVERWEIGHT.

But since you're down to a good healthy weight now..start eating clean carb sources. I suggest Oatmeal, Rice, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Fruit (apples, bananas, berries), and maybe whole grain pasta.

You aren't suppose to stay LOW CARB forever. Its just like bodybuilders....they don't Cut forever....that's dangerous...
    I think its a good time to start eating heathy ..by eating a balanced meal.

Lean meats, clean carbs, and vegetables...

You can do it.
    Davinci flavor oppinions:
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    cookie dough-good (not sweet but has flavor)
    German Chocolate Cake- good (sweet, not strong)
    PB- good(sweet, not strong flavor)
    Gingerbread- good (taste like gingerale/no good on pancakes, okay in oatmeal)
    Coconut- good. (has flavor..a tiny sweetness)
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Danish Pastry-good (if you like cookie dough you would like this)
    Blueberry-Awesome/good

BD231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BD231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Well I need to start slow here, but I still feel the need to lean up a bit.

I hear that for weight loss I'm suppose to eat my carbs in the AM? What XX/XX/XX ratio should I follow???? Do I mix fats and carbs?? Do I eat fruit?

I don't know what to do :^(.
    "Count the shells suck'a'duck!!!!"

Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You want to get lean right? That in bodybuilding terms is cutting

Eat 5-6 meals a day..more so if you need to to fit your caloric needs

taper off carbs as the meals get late.

Have most of you carbs early in the day.

Keep fats low...but its your choice if you want Essential Fatty Acids such as from Salmon or Flaxseed oil in your diet.

Fruit is good. Especially Bananas or Apples. Blueberries for its great antioxidants.

Its your choice on what ratio to follow.
    Most people go with 40protein/40carb/20fat
    Others may go 50protein/40carb/10fat
    50protein/30carb/20fat
    50carb/40protein/10fat
    etc.

Generally most keep fat low..and have most fats coming from good fat sources such as Nuts (almonds, walnuts) , Flaxseed..or flaxseed oil, and Fish oil..(salmon, mackeral, trout)
    Last edited by Maximum6; 11-01-2004 at 09:44 AM.
    Davinci flavor oppinions:
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    cookie dough-good (not sweet but has flavor)
    German Chocolate Cake- good (sweet, not strong)
    PB- good(sweet, not strong flavor)
    Gingerbread- good (taste like gingerale/no good on pancakes, okay in oatmeal)
    Coconut- good. (has flavor..a tiny sweetness)
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Danish Pastry-good (if you like cookie dough you would like this)
    Blueberry-Awesome/good