Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swollen44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

pre workout supplements are a waste of money

to me if you need something to motivate u and pump u up to go to the gym u shouldnt be there. that might be a little extreme but i know for me i can save a lot of my money and pump myself up with some music instead buying supplements that or even just buy an energy drink. just my 2 cents thats all.

jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Buying an energy drink is probably more expensive than pre-workout supps on a per serving basis.
    Crush your enemies,
    See them driven before you,
    And hear the lamentations of their women

PSN: jcrue11

SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Somewhat agree, except I wouldn't take such a hard-line approach to it. I've had days where I'm tired and fatigued, it happens. If you have something to help you overcome that, then more power to you. I need something from time to time. I don't see a problem with that.

thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey savage... when do you take your caffeine pills.. and why? I am wondering.. you look ripped up..

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by swollen44 View Post
    to me if you need something to motivate u and pump u up to go to the gym u shouldnt be there. that might be a little extreme but i know for me i can save a lot of my money and pump myself up with some music instead buying supplements that or even just buy an energy drink. just my 2 cents thats all.

I totally agree. The only other way i feel is, that they are very useful on days that its okay to take them. Taking them everyday is not good.. but everyonce in a while, we get to bed late because of studying, or u fight with ur gf, etc.. so u end up getting 6 hours of sleep instead of 8. Its not a bad thing to take a preworkout shake like CEL's Nox Surge once a week to get you pumped up.

In moderation, there okay and fine.. if u need them everyday to just lift.. then u should get out of the sport now before you throw away to much money.

Mike
    ….

SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thechapo View Post
    hey savage... when do you take your caffeine pills.. and why? I am wondering.. you look ripped up..
    Most of the time, I take them in combination with Ephedrine and Green Tea. It's my favorite and most effective cutting stack that I've come across.

When weight training or doing cardio, I usually take them 45 minutes before my workout. I usually use the stack for 2-3 weeks, until the effectiveness starts to diminish, then take 2-3 weeks off. For the most part, unless part of the E+C+GT stack, I only use caffeine pills if I'm feeling lethargic before my workout.

B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    swollen, with all due respect, you're 19.

You'll change your tune when you're 29.

Some people are just too damn tired after work to go
    to the gym. They want to go, but the body doesn't agree.

Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    pre-WO supplements can turn wasted days into GREAT sessions. They should be used when needed and can be very effective.

There is no need to act hardcore and pretend your 110% AMPED up for everyworkout everytime you step foot in the gym. Things in life do happen...

thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thechapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the info... as for the comment of not needing it..

Work a desktop where all you are doing is freaking coding behind a computer all day and trying to hit a incredible short install date for your project..and then tell me how motivated you can get after working 8-9 hours and after waking up at 6 AM and you are finally going to the gym at around 8ish to get a good workout.

I have tried NO Explode and Superpump(?) and I can say that they give me more of a stomach ache than anything else.

I often would like to try a simple caffeine pill and some Arginine and see how I do.

.but the original poster has a lot to learn... when its not all about chasing girls, going the gym.. and hanging out with the fellas
    Last edited by thechapo; 07-06-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Originally Posted by thechapo View Post
    I often would like to try a simple caffeine pill and some Arginine and see how I do.
    That's what I ended up doing. I had some mixed experiences with pre-workout formulas and finally just switched to a caffeine pill. I get enough of a pump during the workout. Sometimes, just need a boost in energy, and it can save my workout.

mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Zzz Zzz... Glad you voiced your opinion. To me I love pre workout supplements. I'm one who never needs help with intensity or focus or energy. I do love the pre workout supplements because I feel like a beast and I train even harder. To me I grow when on them because I explode more in the weight room. Its just an amazing feeling I get from them which is why I buy them. I have been off of them for a little while now and have had no problems, but I'm looking to pick up some White Flood very soon Its a great way to get that extra intensity in you when drained from school or work...

llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llmmss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im hearing you
    Lance Armstrong, you are my HERO.

bless the soldiers in Iraq. come home safe

proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i work out early in the morning, so i need that edge of a pre workout supplement

Search and Destroy Killa Destroya's Avatar
    Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destroya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone should be there. It's good for you to lift and if something is going to help than take it. It's not so much even motivation. Why do you need protein? To build muscle of course. Well pre-workout supps allow you to push yourself harder (lift more weight, more reps), stop catabolism, shove your muscles full of nutrients (the pump for better growth), hydrate your muscle cells and much more so in the end you have turn apart more fibers and have gotten great muscle building ingredients in to make you anabolic and all in all it allows GREATER MUSCLE GROWTH (even if your motivate without it) which is every bodybuilders goal. I welcome every advantage I can get (well mabey not welcome a good diet but still do it) to allow greater growth. There are many benefits of pre-workout supps.

gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100) gym_feen972 is not very well liked. (-100)
    dont blame your jobs/careers and use it as an excuse for no energy

you chose that path in life so just accept it ...

personally i can be dead tired from school and work and i still have energy for the gym

for the things that mean something to me in life, i always have energy for

its just like taking a test after pulling an all nighter --- u don't half ass the test just because you're super tired

its just like coming home to a pair of children who want you to play ball with them...you just suck it up and do it

i dont like when people use the "im so tired" line .... the human body isnt some frail piece of matter -- its meant to be abused, and it has an amazing ability to recover from it

its all about motivation - for that which you are completely motivated, you will find the energy

I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Somewhat agree, except I wouldn't take such a hard-line approach to it. I've had days where I'm tired and fatigued, it happens. If you have something to help you overcome that, then more power to you. I need something from time to time. I don't see a problem with that.
    x2 ... I dont really need it and i dont feel its worth the boost for the money. Everybody has there bad days. I just really dont like caffeine.

If you really think about it if your body dont feel right its probably because its not properly rested. Now you use caffeine and you get a boost get a great workout, bust your arse and whatever but in reality your using energy your body never really had and your body is in an even worser state then before.

I would just focus on getting proper rest. I know things come up and you dont get a good night sleep but for me caffeine isnt the answer. Thats just my thoughts on caffeine in general.

I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gym_feen972 View Post

personally i can be dead tired from school and work and i still have energy for the gym

its just like taking a test after pulling an all nighter --- u don't half ass the test just because you're super tired

its just like coming home to a pair of children who want you to play ball with them...you just suck it up and do it

i dont like when people use the "im so tired" line .... the human body isnt some frail piece of matter -- its meant to be abused, and it has an amazing ability to recover from it

its all about motivation - for that which you are completely motivated, you will find the energy
    I agree with you.

I think what it comes down to is being mentally tough and not looking for that quick fix.

The problem with people is that they aren't mentally tough enough. Im not saying i am but i try to work on it as i feel everyone should. Its a life long journey to become mentally tough it cant come overnight.

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    try working two jobs and getting 6 hours of sleep and still find energy to lift with preworkout drinks and a lil bit of caffeine pills.. then come back to me
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post
    try working two jobs and getting 6 hours of sleep and still find energy to lift with preworkout drinks and a lil bit of caffeine pills.. then come back to me
    I have, and one of them was an overnight job

7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you need energy, crab a caffeine pill. if you need designer creatine, get a designer creatine. if you need a pump, drink a lot of water and eat some carbs. preworkouts are a waste. if you need focus instead of plain energy, why not just stack tyrosine, vincopene, or whatever they have in there these days
    "Nothing is more painful to the human mind than, after the feelings have been worked up by a quick succession of events, the dead calmness of inaction and certainity which follows and deprives the soul both of hope and fear." - Mary Shelly

"Self-pity is easily the most destructive of the nonpharmaceutical narcotics; it is addictive, gives momentary pleasure and separates the victim from reality." - John W. Gardner

J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post
    I totally agree. I sometimes work in the evening and have to get up at 5:30 to hit the gym because I have a morning shift...... so, I need that pick me up to get my ass in gear. All this bull about Pre-workout is for pussies is a bunch of crap. Everyone needs something pre and post-workout.

A quick fix is someone looking for supplements to cure their skinny ass disease and not looking at diet and training aspects. There are a ton of people like that on here. But taking a supplement for "supplement" purposes is not any less "hardCore."

Anyone can be mentally tough, but can you put the same intensity into every workout when your fatigued?
    <=><=>[]MFF[]<=><=>
    *Jud's Comprehensive Pro-Hormone User Guide*

Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    agreed. save ur money, if your that desperate for energy a redline or whatveer wont kill you once in a while but a better idea is try eating clean all day.

most people with jobs say they dont have time to eat but they have time for a big fatty sandwich for lunch at the deli which is always good for energy levels after not eating for hours.

J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000) J2jud is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by young t View Post
    agreed. save ur money, if your that desperate for energy a redline or whatveer wont kill you once in a while but a better idea is try eating clean all day.

most people with jobs say they dont have time to eat but they have time for a big fatty sandwich for lunch at the deli which is always good for energy levels after not eating for hours.
    I actually eat prepared meals at work. If you are smart thats the way you will do it. Plan ahead of time. Not everyone does the fast food fix and eats till they puke...... just because they have a job. Do you have one? A job that is, I would assume you do.
    <=><=>[]MFF[]<=><=>
    *Jud's Comprehensive Pro-Hormone User Guide*

Originally Posted by I OuTsiDeR I View Post
    x2 ... I dont really need it and i dont feel its worth the boost for the money. Everybody has there bad days. I just really dont like caffeine.

If you really think about it if your body dont feel right its probably because its not properly rested. Now you use caffeine and you get a boost get a great workout, bust your arse and whatever but in reality your using energy your body never really had and your body is in an even worser state then before.

I would just focus on getting proper rest. I know things come up and you dont get a good night sleep but for me caffeine isnt the answer. Thats just my thoughts on caffeine in general.
    Originally Posted by J2jud View Post
    I totally agree. I sometimes work in the evening and have to get up at 5:30 to hit the gym because I have a morning shift...... so, I need that pick me up to get my ass in gear. All this bull about Pre-workout is for pussies is a bunch of crap. Everyone needs something pre and post-workout.

A quick fix is someone looking for supplements to cure their skinny ass disease and not looking at diet and training aspects. There are a ton of people like that on here. But taking a supplement for "supplement" purposes is not any less "hardCore."

Anyone can be mentally tough, but can you put the same intensity into every workout when your fatigued?
    I worked overnight from 11pm-8am went to sleep from 8am-2pm, Went to my other job at 3pm-730pm, had a class from 8pm-9pm lifted from 9pm to 10pm, went back to work at 11pm, Repeat.

Now could i have had better workouts with better energy taking a preworkout supp, of course i could have. My only problem like i said in my quote above is your using energy you dont have and probably pushing yourbody past what you really could do. IMO that is probably unhealthy for your body.

Im not saying your a pussie if you take one. I know alot of people have more intesity and bust their arse more than me in the gym (even if they werent taking a preworkout supp). Im just saying in the overall scheme it could be bad for your body.

Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    again i agree. and yes i have a job, thanks for asking, but i also prepare 2-3 meals every morning before work.

and there are days everyone is tired its a given but after those first 2 or 3 warm up sets all u should think about is muscle concentration until your tired which is time to go home and recover.

thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gym_feen972 View Post

you wouldnt drink coffee or take caffeine before the test after an all night study session? I know playing ball with your kids takes max effort and all.. But I don't quite see that being the same as trying to get max intensity and energy for your workouts.

To me this is like saying don't take any supplements all together, that's the easy way out. The human body isn't frail, natural foods do just fine.

In short, you need to grow up and stop pretending you are so "hardcore" online.

thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thetanutheta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I worked overnight from 11pm-8am went to sleep from 8am-2pm, Went to my other job at 3pm-730pm, had a class from 8pm-9pm lifted from 9pm to 10pm, went back to work at 11pm, Repeat.

Now could i have had better workouts with better energy taking a preworkout supp, of course i could have. My only problem like i said in my quote above is your using energy you dont have and probably pushing yourbody past what you really could do. IMO that is probably unhealthy for your body.

Im not saying your a pussie if you take one. I know alot of people have more intesity and bust their arse more than me in the gym (even if they werent taking a preworkout supp). Im just saying in the overall scheme it could be bad for your body.
    Couldn't it be bad for your body to try and "gut" out intense maximal lifts and cardio while feeling like sh*t?

AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliassailA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by B P Spin View Post
    swollen, with all due respect, you're 19.

You'll change your tune when you're 29.

Some people are just too damn tired after work to go
    to the gym. They want to go, but the body doesn't agree.
    Hey im 19 and after 6 hours of uni and 8 hours of work in a warehouse, its nice to have something to give you that little extra boost. Not only that but theres alot of science behind products including things like Creatine, BCAA's, and Beta alanine(to name a few) which are commonly included in pre workout drinks which are not only healthy for you but can improve performance and recovery on a measurale quantitative scale.

Im all for the pre-workout supplements, they help push you to your max, even if it is placebo, theres the science to back up the fact that some of these things can actually be GOOD for you.
    i love man gravy in and around my face

Originally Posted by thetanutheta View Post
    you wouldnt drink coffee or take caffeine before the test after an all night study session? I know playing ball with your kids takes max effort and all.. But I don't quite see that being the same as trying to get max intensity and energy for your workouts.

To me this is like saying don't take any supplements all together, that's the easy way out. The human body isn't frail, natural foods do just fine.

In short, you need to grow up and stop pretending you are so "hardcore" online.
    Actually natural foods are just fine without supps if you wanted too. Ask anyone one on here if they will pick a solid DIET and TRAINING over SUPPLEMENTS. Supplements do help but they are mostly for convienience (protein shakes vs whole food .... creatine over eatin a hella of alot of red meat etc)

Actually natural foods are just fine without supps if you wanted too. Ask anyone one on here if they will pick a solid DIET and TRAINING over SUPPLEMENTS. Supplements do help but they are mostly for convienience (protein shakes vs whole food .... creatine over eatin a hella of alot of red meat etc)
    That's exactly my point... so the guys posting how people are lazy etc.. are 19 and 20 year olds asking questions about PH and test boosters?