Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training with asthma

I have a friend who wants to loose weight but can't do any running etc because he has surveyor asthma. What can he do to loose weight?????????????

Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Boxer,

I am certain if your friend keeps a check and control over his asthma light cardiovascular exercise is fine. I have known many people with asthma who are very active in sports, its just a matter of not over doing it and always keeping check. An example of this is my cousin, he doesn't run anymore but when he was young he was a member of this running club, in which they'd have these distance running competitions. Now my cousin had very bad asthma indeed (its well under control now), he was always at the hospital have various tests done etc, but the point being he was a member of this running club and providing he used his inhaler correctly he was fine.

It is no different with your friend. What he needs to do is speak to his doctor. His doctor will give him all the advice he needs about when to use his inhaler, take his medication, when to perform breathing exercises, when to rest etc. As long as he follows the medical advice and doesn't over do it he will be fine. It is just a case of starting light and building up to more intense cardio, very slowly.

Also I understand swimming is a great form of exercise for asthmatics.

Dan101
    Original board member since 1999

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles
    Yeah same here I have a bud with asthma and whenever we do cardio I tell him to check his heart rate every 10 minutes or so. Doesnt really run just does walking better than nothing I guess
    Muscles

Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i totally agree with you but this guys asthma is terrible he gets chesty if he walks up the stairs its horrible.

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles
    Originally posted by Boxer
    yeah i totally agree with you but this guys asthma is terrible he gets chesty if he walks up the stairs its horrible.
    That really sucks
    Muscles

feli0x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

training and asthma

you can do training with asthma and lose weight or bulk or whatever - you just need to make your body used to it. your friend should take his spray right before any aerobic exercise (i suggest the stepper) - day be day he will have to use it later and less. i am telling this because i GOT asthma and do training in the gym.

-> feli_x@ziplip.com
    http://www.juniorbodybuilding.de/amateur/felix.html

RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can lose fat by simple calorie reduction. NOT starvation but gradual calorie reduction (still eat every 2-3 hours). Have him talk to a doctor.

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i had really bad asthma when i was a baby/kid.

but mine wasnt really bad it was survear asthma i was on steriods 4 the first year and a half of my life !!!!! until my mum wudnt let them giv them to me anymore coz i wasnt growing !!!

patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000) patzyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have exercise induced asthma so when I run I start to wheeze and have difficulty breathing

bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowlie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lifting is better than cardio for loosing weight. I also have asthma, quite bad. You just have to work through it as much as possible. Inhalers help alot

makeswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check out the NIH MedlinePlus website on asthma (google search 'nih medlineplus asthma'). There is a lot of helpful information there including a page on exercise-induced asthma with tons of helpful strategies. One thing the MayoClinic page says on exercise-induced asthma, specifically, is don't stop doing exercise because you have asthma as staying in good shape can help ease asthma symptoms in the long run. There are lots of strategies there to help your friend manage his symptoms so he can exercise but if he doesn't do those then of course yes he's going to have trouble exercising with asthma.

s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To lose weight, you can simply do it by dieting. Decreasing calories. No cardio required

Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldo6un has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well , depends on how bad it is . I have an asthmatic bronchitis , and in fact training helps me a lot ( although doctors would not agree with that ) . I have found out about it like 2 years ago and I have been training for more than 4 years . It happened during a back injury which made me take an 8 months break . I used to have serious problems breathing , without really doing anything , especially during night . Once things have calmed down a little , I have started training again , on a fairly low level and slowly I have managed to get to my level of intensity in training ever harder than before . Harder , better , faster . And ever since I have started again , I have never had a serious asthma problem . Although fact is , if I take yet another break I might get those problems again

My advise , as a kinetotherapist student would be to start off with a low-level and progress slowly in time . In the end the body will adapt and might even help in the process , as it helps me .

Good luck !
    Ain't nothin' but a peanut!