akajoe87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Help for my running!!

I been running outside all summer in the evenings, but since the time changed i dont have the sun light.I usually run about 4 miles so what could i do to keep me in shape for running. I need to do some thing that i can do indoors(other than a treadmill because i cant afford one) over the winter months.What would be the best thing to do.Thanks

_BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How about a headlamp, one of those lights that strap on your head. When I run at night I can see ok but I worry about cars seeing me. So I use a fanny pack with a flashing light from a bicycle attached to it so cars can see me.

Trackman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    best thing to do for winter running is this: buy some underarmor, a stocking cap, some warm gloves, and stay outside! run on the roads if sidewalks aren't shoveled, but after a while you get used to it. if the air is really chilly and hurts your lungs get like a scarf or something to put over your mouth when you run. swimming will keep you in shape cardiovascularly, but not running shape.

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well you could try a bw exercise / pylometrics kinda thing - it won't exactly make your muscle sore, but it'll burn more calories than weights. heck, it'd tone your muscles too. for example:

pushups / star jump / toe touch / jumping jacks (each x 30)
    then go up to 40
    then go up to 50
    then go up to 60
    go down to 50
    go down to 40
    back to 30
    end
    you can rest about half a minute to one minute between each up cycle or down.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon