Here is a muffin that tastes good and has quite a bit of fiber too. They are so low-fat u can afford 2 put some natty PB on them.
2 1/4 cup oat bran cereal (uncooked)
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp Splenda-brown sugar blend*
1 1/4 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup egg whites or egg beaters
2 tbsp applesauce**
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
3. Spray a muffin tin w/ Pam (butter flavor).
4. Divide up batter equally between the muffin tin cups.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 muffins. Each muffin has:
2g fat (0g saturated, 1g polyunsaturated, 1g monounsaturated)
Macro Profile: 20% fat, 62% carbs, 18% protein
* If u don't have the Splenda brown sugar blend u can use 4 tbsp regular brown sugar, which adds a few more calories.
** I used the low-fat cooking trick of substituting applesauce for the oil. If you don't mind going up to 118 cal & 6g fat per muffin, you can use oil instead of applesauce & also toss in 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
Thread: Yummy Low-Fat Oat Bran Muffins