Cayenne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Check out my new bench & weights!

Well, I have been wanting to make a gym at my home for a while now, and today I took a big step toward doing so! I recently purchased a bench and some weights. You can see the pictures here:

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...load1/gym1.JPG
    http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...load8/gym2.JPG
    http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...load0/gym3.JPG
    http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...load9/gym4.JPG

I purchased 130 lbs of weights, the bench, a barbell, a bicep curl thing (look at picture two, I am not exactly sure what it is called), two dumbbell handles, and I put the pair of dumbbells I already had next to my new equipment. I also have a pullup bar in another portion of the house, but I didn't move it into the new gym area yet.

I still have more to buy though - I am going to buy another set or two of dumbbells, two more barbells, some more weight plates, and I am going to build a small squat rack. I am also going to put some sort of rubber on the floor and add a ceiling fan. I am probably going to expand the room outwards a little bit too.

Question: what do suggest I do for a dip station? some benches have dip handels on the back of them, but the one I bought doesn't. I don't need to do dips, but would like to. Is there any cheap and easy way to build and mount two dip bars?

Other than that, I pretty much have things figured out. Any comments or suggestions?
    Last edited by Cayenne; 11-14-2004 at 08:00 AM.

tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    nice bench!!
    What time is it?!?!

Game-time!!

What time is it?!?

Game-time!!

Are da dawgs in da house!!??!?!

UHUHUHUHUHUH!!!!!

Let's go!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by tackler
    nice bench!!
    Well thank you.

It can hold up to about 550 pounds, which is quite enough for me. It was rather cheap, about $130 US, but it is made out of sturdy metal so I am not worried about it falling apart any time soon.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good stuff bro

enjoy !

linfieldfc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linfieldfc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linfieldfc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linfieldfc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linfieldfc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice i like i like

pics could be a bit larger though

supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cayenne
    Question: what do suggest I do for a dip station?

Is there any cheap and easy way to build and mount two dip bars?
    Nice bench.

here is an idea for cheap but functional dip bars

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172198

IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cayenne
    Well, I have been wanting to make a gym at my home for a while now, and today I took a big step toward doing so! I recently purchased a bench and some weights. You can see the pictures here:

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...load1/gym1.JPG
    http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...load8/gym2.JPG
    http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...load0/gym3.JPG
    http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...load9/gym4.JPG

I purchased 130 lbs of weights, the bench, a barbell, a bicep curl thing (look at picture two, I am not exactly sure what it is called), two dumbbell handles, and I put the pair of dumbbells I already had next to my new equipment. I also have a pullup bar in another portion of the house, but I didn't move it into the new gym area yet.

I still have more to buy though - I am going to buy another set or two of dumbbells, two more barbells, some more weight plates, and I am going to build a small squat rack. I am also going to put some sort of rubber on the floor and add a ceiling fan. I am probably going to expand the room outwards a little bit too.

Question: what do suggest I do for a dip station? some benches have dip handels on the back of them, but the one I bought doesn't. I don't need to do dips, but would like to. Is there any cheap and easy way to build and mount two dip bars?

Other than that, I pretty much have things figured out. Any comments or suggestions?

The bicep thing bar is called the tricep bar, but also could be called the bicep curl bar. I have that bar and it works great for hammer curls.

When I started I had a cheap bench, but as time grew I got a better one and pretty much all the equipmment I need. Have fun!

Arrow

IronTank, my bench looks pretty sturdy, but I expect to be getting a nicer one within the next two years if I keep working out (which I plan to). That bench was not terribly expensive but looks sturdy for now.

Those dip bars look neat. That is similar to what I was planning on doing, although I was thinking of using metal instead of wood, because I thought wood might break too easily. Although if those in the linked topic can hold up to 300 lbs, I ought to be able to find some that will hold my 120.

A house behind mine is being rennovated, and today I went over into the yard and took some old scrap wood to make a squat rack out of. The wood looks quite sturdy, but I am probably going to have to go back over and get some more later.