John700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How Long Does Protein Powder Keep?

I was cleaning out my kitchen cupboard today and I found a full tub of muscle milk and another full tub of protein powder, which I had totally forgot that I had bought.

Thinking back, they must be well over a year old, maybe 18 months. So my question is; how long do protein powders keep for? They are both unopened and still factory sealed. I have looked on both containers for a use by or sell by date and I can't find one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as protein is expensive and it would be a shame to throw out two big tubs if they are still useable.

Thanks,
    John

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is the experation date?

meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meat953 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unopened?? I would say to try it and if everything tastes fine then you're ok. Check the label for anything that you think might go bad over time. If its been expired for more than 18 months though I would be careful. I've used some that had expired for 6 months and it was fine but never anything past that.
    Quit complaining and lift!

John700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers guys, I will give it a go.

There appears no be no expiration date on either of them.

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would say till it runs out

But the expiry date is mandatory to have on products, look really hard. They can be deceiving lil' buggers.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would imagine it would still be good as I can't think of an obvious degredation that would occur. Take it at your own risk, but I would give it a go. But hey, if it tastes odd - spit it out and can the stuff.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000)
    As long as you have kept it at room temperature for the whole time, I'd probably try it. You'll know if it's bad or not.

jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say that it would still be good but if it has a funny taste then I would throw it out