Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    DYA is among my favorite proteins Ive ever used, XF ultra peptide is top notch too I used to pack bottles of blended UP, milk and PB as snacks at school
    Cool. I may look into that DYA once I finish this Pro V60.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by envythahustla View Post
    What I just ordered
    What I usually use
    Heard some good feedback on this one

I prefer blends over straight WPC or WPI due to different amino acid content. Plus I find out that I am not as hungry an hour or so after I consume a blend versus a WPI shake (I'm lactose intolerant).
    Interesting....looks good. Taste good? Mix well too?
    "Modern man is conditioned to expect instant gratification but any success or triumph realized quickly, with only marginal effort is necessarily shallow. Meaningful achievement takes time, hard work, persistence, patience, proper intent and constant self-awareness. The path to such success is punctuated by failure, consolidation and renewed effort. Personal reconstruction is art." - MFT

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sluuug View Post
    Interesting....looks good. Taste good? Mix well too?
    The only one I can speak on is Ultra Peptide, which does taste good and mix very well. I've heard ancedotal feedback on Pro V60 and Pro Peptide and they both seem to taste good and mix well.

Echo in Eternity

Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only one I can speak on is Ultra Peptide, which does taste good and mix very well. I've heard ancedotal feedback on Pro V60 and Pro Peptide and they both seem to taste good and mix well.
    Hmm, I might have to try this stuff as soon as I finish my tub of ON Whey.
    "Modern man is conditioned to expect instant gratification but any success or triumph realized quickly, with only marginal effort is necessarily shallow. Meaningful achievement takes time, hard work, persistence, patience, proper intent and constant self-awareness. The path to such success is punctuated by failure, consolidation and renewed effort. Personal reconstruction is art." - MFT

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The problem with everything that you're saying is that the only energy used during exercise is glycogen , which I don't believe is correct. Your body will use both glycogen and fat as substrates for energy simultaneously. Also I don't believe that protein metabolism starts at the point in which glycogen is expended. Your body will use protein for energy a good while before glycogen is completely expended , so It is good to use carbs to halt catabolism pre workout.

I don't believe in the post-workout simple carb shake at all, because the whole point in post-workout nutrition would be protein synthesis. You won't exhaust all your glycogen stores during a workout unless you are working out for 2+ hours or are an endurance athelete. You could get away with a low-GI carb post-workout since the aminos would be the key to halting catabolism and protein synthesis. I am not sure how protein could be used for glycogen since it isn't broken down into glucose unless you are talking about gluconeogenisis, but that would mean that you are in a starved state and glucagon is taking over.
    Kickin your azz everytime

gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, the point of post workout nutrition is recovery which includes glycogen replenishment. The exercise could be aerobic and not intended to build muscle. This is the problem with your posts in this thread

I'm sorry but this state is just ignorant. Protein, carbs, and fats all have calories. The whole point to post-workout nutrition is protein synthesis. Why is it that you want to take a simple carb to replenish muscle glycogen? It seems like you are so concerned with speed, but if you have a proper pre-workout meal that won't be a factor.

skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gjohnson5 View Post
    No, the point of post workout nutrition is recovery which includes glycogen replenishment. The exercise could be aerobic and not intended to build muscle. This is the problem with your posts in this thread

Muscle glycogen levels aren't nearly drained after 1 to 1.5 hours of resistance training unless it was done in a fasted state (which is just dumb IMO). A proper pre workout meal prevents muscle glycogen levels from getting anywhere near 0. Also, all those stuides done that showed better recovery in athletes who took a PWO shake that consisted of a good amount of high GI carbs such as malto or dex were done on athletes who trained in a fasted state. The truth is that slamming down 80g of dextrose or maltodextrin or WMS is just not necessary and although they will spike insulin levels and fight the release of cortisol, they will also aid in new fat storage. IMO it is best to focus on the quality of your whey protein and the BCAA content it has since this directs new protein synthesis and muscle recovery the greatest. I am not 100% against using carbs PWO however. I still put about 40g dextrose/malto because spiking insulin PWO is still good. But IMO that i have created from what i have been reading, 80+ grams of carbs PWO just isn't necessary. I'll save my carb consumption for the rest of the day and eat things that taste good like sweet potatoes
    "God has landed on this enemy-occupied world in human form...The perfect surrender and humiliation was undergone by Christ: perfect because He was God, surrender and humiliation because He was man."
    -C.S. Lewis

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..."
    -C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1131121

So everyone works out for an hour. I've workout in a gym 4 hours before. Also if one does cardio after the workout , then glycogen can be diminished PWO

Anyway in terms of the insulin spike , it is not necessary. There are products to where you can swallow 80g of sugar and not spike your insulin at all. It's an assumption that 80g of carbs creates and insulin spike and thus can cause fat gain if glycogen stores are full

Originally Posted by skitman1080 View Post
    Muscle glycogen levels aren't nearly drained after 1 to 1.5 hours of resistance training unless it was done in a fasted state (which is just dumb IMO). A proper pre workout meal prevents muscle glycogen levels from getting anywhere near 0. Also, all those stuides done that showed better recovery in athletes who took a PWO shake that consisted of a good amount of high GI carbs such as malto or dex were done on athletes who trained in a fasted state. The truth is that slamming down 80g of dextrose or maltodextrin or WMS is just not necessary and although they will spike insulin levels and fight the release of cortisol, they will also aid in new fat storage. IMO it is best to focus on the quality of your whey protein and the BCAA content it has since this directs new protein synthesis and muscle recovery the greatest. I am not 100% against using carbs PWO however. I still put about 40g dextrose/malto because spiking insulin PWO is still good. But IMO that i have created from what i have been reading, 80+ grams of carbs PWO just isn't necessary. I'll save my carb consumption for the rest of the day and eat things that taste good like sweet potatoes

RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So everyone works out for an hour. I've workout in a gym 4 hours before. Also if one does cardio after the workout , then glycogen can be diminished PWO
    Actually, i think it has been noted on a number of occassions throughout the discussions in this thread that one of the assumptions of the discussion is that we are discussing resistance training with or without light cardio, but primarily concerning 1-1.5 hrs weight training. there have been intervening comments throughout discussing objective oppinions for endurance athletes.

Anyway in terms of the insulin spike , it is not necessary. There are products to where you can swallow 80g of sugar and not spike your insulin at all. It's an assumption that 80g of carbs creates and insulin spike and thus can cause fat gain if glycogen stores are full
    which products are you referring to?

The problem with everything that you're saying is that the only energy used during exercise is glycogen , which I don't believe is correct. Your body will use both glycogen and fat as substrates for energy simultaneously. Also I don't believe that protein metabolism starts at the point in which glycogen is expended. Your body will use protein for energy a good while before glycogen is completely expended , so It is good to use carbs to halt catabolism pre workout.
    I just don't feel like going through this **** again.

Echo in Eternity

RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just don't feel like going through this **** again.
    i think the top of each page should have the summarized conclusion for those that are not going to read the whole thread

R+ala
    A bb.com version of it is here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ast/ala.html
    but it needs to be taken with biotin. This version is devoid of biotin and hence has much less effectiveness

I use the OTC version of the drug Insulow

Originally Posted by RB12 View Post
    Actually, i think it has been noted on a number of occassions throughout the discussions in this thread that one of the assumptions of the discussion is that we are discussing resistance training with or without light cardio, but primarily concerning 1-1.5 hrs weight training. there have been intervening comments throughout discussing objective oppinions for endurance athletes.

which products are you referring to?
    Last edited by gjohnson5; 07-17-2007 at 02:25 PM.

i think the top of each page should have the summarized conclusion for those that are not going to read the whole thread
    This really seems to be an endless debate. My posts are taken out of context and I'm continually debating over a topic that I don't even have an issue with.

Have I ever made a comment about consuming carbs pre-workout?

Echo in Eternity

skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I think it is safe to say that the average trainee works out for about 1-2 hour. Also cardio AFTER a workout is just counter productive to trying to gain muscle mass. While burning precious energy on that cardio bike you are taking away from your body's ability to recover and generate an increase in protein synthesis. You just put your body in a more catabolic state that way and increase the chances of precious muscle being used for energy.

An insulin spike isn't necessary, but it occurs w/ any PWO shake. Any type of food whether it be a protein, fat, or carb will generate an insulin response. Whey protein alone will spike insulin levels to a certain degree.

And of course there are products that don't spike insulin levels but the "ideal" PWO carbs such as dextrose or maltodextrin or even oats DO spike insulin levels and thus can lead to fat gains.
    "God has landed on this enemy-occupied world in human form...The perfect surrender and humiliation was undergone by Christ: perfect because He was God, surrender and humiliation because He was man."
    -C.S. Lewis

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..."
    -C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal

[I hate] carbs pre-workout?
    see, you said it again, I just "properly" captured your quote

I hate carbs!
    No, i am pretty sure this is what he said
    -C.S. Lewis

-C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal

i am off to the gym, drinking a scoop of epic 8-beta (carbs+eaas) later

powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i am off to the gym, drinking a scoop of epic 8-beta (carbs+eaas) later
    have a good workout boss
    Racism is completely irrational.

Raising taxes never created a single job.

The statement in bold makes no sense. Either the blood is "spiked" or it is not. If you simply meant to use the word elevate , then I apologize. But spike means that the insulin levels are extremely elevated.

Some proteins are insulin secretagogue's but the main reason whey have an insulin response is because the products have added sugars.

But once again w/a decent r+ala you can stop or atleast heavily reduce insulin response if r+ala is taken 15 miunutes before the sugars. So No an insulin spike is not necessary. Also the idea of fat gain would only happen if glycogen stores are full at the time of insulin release. But r+ala can make the muscles absorb much more sugar then normal so fat gain is also not necessary. You can plan ahead

Originally Posted by skitman1080 View Post

An insulin spike isn't necessary, but it occurs w/ any PWO shake. Any type of food whether it be a protein, fat, or carb will generate an insulin response. Whey protein alone will spike insulin levels to a certain degree.

And of course there are products that don't spike insulin levels but the "ideal" PWO carbs such as dextrose or maltodextrin or even oats DO spike insulin levels and thus can lead to fat gains.

The statement in bold makes no sense. Either the blood is "spiked" or it is not. If you simply meant to use the word elevate , then I apologize. But spike means that the insulin levels are extremely elevated.

Some proteins are insulin secretagogue's but the main reason whey have an insulin response is because the products have added sugars.

But once again w/a decent r+ala you can stop or atleast heavily reduce insulin response if r+ala is taken 15 miunutes before the sugars. So No an insulin spike is not necessary. Also the idea of fat gain would only happen if glycogen stores are full at the time of insulin release. But r+ala can make the muscles absorb much more sugar then normal so fat gain is also not necessary. You can plan ahead
    You do realize that protein alone can cause an insulin response even though there are no carbohydrates present?

Echo in Eternity

powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You do realize that protein alone can cause an insulin response even though there are no carbohydrates present?
    Isn't the real question whether or not we need and can utilize high amounts of insulin pwo.

I personally don't see differences in muscle gains when I have used high GI versus low GI carbs for pwo nutrition.

Elevated is probably the best word lol. Thanks for pointing that out

But any whey w/ or w/o added carbs will generate and insulin response.

x2

Originally Posted by powerman2000 View Post
    Isn't the real question whether or not we need and can utilize high amounts of insulin pwo.

I personally don't see differences in muscle gains when I have used high GI versus low GI carbs for pwo nutrition.
    Ahhhhh by the time we find the answer to this we'll already be dead and future body builders will be laughing as they read through our old posts
    -C.S. Lewis

-C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal

MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Excuse my asking, but I read through part of the thread beyond the OP and it seems to be mostly discussion. Was any conclusion reached? Also (to envy and NO HYPE) what do you guys do post workout?

Originally Posted by lhp21 View Post
    Excuse my asking, but I read through part of the thread beyond the OP and it seems to be mostly discussion. Was any conclusion reached? Also (to envy and NO HYPE) what do you guys do post workout?
    The conclusion is do what works best for you.

It's up to the individual.

DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -C.S. Lewis

-C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal

I dunno what the real question is anymore.

Echo in Eternity

Nimbus Nutrition Rep leonidas300's Avatar
    leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The best statement so far.
    Certitude is the enemy of wisdom.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathan Swift.

Remember this principle: if you have to chew something, it ain't anabolic. Alan Aragon

NIMBUS NUTRITION "When Performance is Everything!"
    POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com

realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man...building muscle is confusing.

I agree with this.

Echo in Eternity

I dunno what the real question is anymore.
    LOL