SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Need some help girls

Hi

I need some help from you girls.
    Im going to start training 2 girls, they are both 17 years old.

I know how to train men but i havnt really given any thoughts about how girls should be trained. i think i have a clue how i should help them.

i would really like to get some feedback on the subject. the last thing i want to is overtrain them or undertrain them.

well they are going to start next week...
    it will be 3 times a week. Monday, tuesday and thursday.
    And it will be with weights.

Thanks

IronEagle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SweTy
    Hi

I need some help from you girls.
    Im going to start training 2 girls, they are both 17 years old.

I know how to train men but i havnt really given any thoughts about how girls should be trained. i think i have a clue how i should help them.

i would really like to get some feedback on the subject. the last thing i want to is overtrain them or undertrain them.

well they are going to start next week...
    it will be 3 times a week. Monday, tuesday and thursday.
    And it will be with weights.

Thanks
    I'm no girl but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents... girl's muscles are no different than a man's.. only main difference is men produce more testosterone than a woman does, so gaining muscle for men is a lot easier than it is for women.... train your girls just like you would a man

Nanook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile I agree!

I am female and I agree that you work a womans muscle just like a mans! Men just have more muscle but the make-up of it is the same. Are they just starting? If they are I would start 3 days a week, one exercise per body part doing a 3x15. Take 30 sec. between each set. I started out like this as a conditioning stage for 6 months. This way the lighter weights will construct form before lifting heavier weight. Good luck!!

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nanook
    Men just have more muscle but the make-up of it is the same.
    Men don't have more muscle than women, just more testosterone enabling them to build larger and stronger muscles.

I agree with starting newbies off light with more reps to help build the joints.

Originally Posted by MsFit
    Men don't have more muscle than women, just more testosterone enabling them to build larger and stronger muscles.

I agree with starting newbies off light with more reps to help build the joints.
    With all due respect, I think you knew what she was trying to say...

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    i train with my husband and we do exactly the same exercises. the only things i do he refuses to is the glute machine (donkey kick) and i also do adductor and abductor exersices once a week (i concider these "girl exercises") i don't think i've ever seen a guy do any of these things so i don't blame him.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IronEagle86
    With all due respect, I think you knew what she was trying to say...
    Of course, but newbies may not. 'Men and more muscles' is right up there with "if I workout and stop, my musle will turn to fat".

You have to be careful what you say and how you say it to women and training, especially teenagers.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by someday
    i train with my husband and we do exactly the same exercises. the only things i do he refuses to is the glute machine (donkey kick) and i also do adductor and abductor exersices once a week (i concider these "girl exercises") i don't think i've ever seen a guy do any of these things so i don't blame him.
    I am sorry, but as a female I would have to agree with your husband... I would not be caught dead doing those either!

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    I am sorry, but as a female I would have to agree with your husband... I would not be caught dead doing those either!
    don't get me wrong, i do plenty of squats, lunges, presses, hacks and step ups. i just seem to need to work my legs more than the average girl. i'm hoping for next season these added extras will make a difference.

i'm hoping for next season these added extras will make a difference.
    more is definitely not in all cases better... it seems like you'd be overtraining to the extreme if you engage in all of the movements you previously listed

trnurbdy48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It's amazing how many women I see using these useless machines. The ab/aduction muscles are better targeted with squats (plie, sprint) and leg press peformed with feet in the middle of the plate and toes pointed out. As far as the "Butt Blaster" goes it's in the top 5 of the ergonomically incorrect catagory of machines. Squats, lunges, deadlifts are much more affective.

Swety, if you were a qualified CPT or even a PT you would have no need for this post.
    Laurie-NASM-ACE-CPT/BS Kinesiology

Every kick in the ass is a step forward

trnurbdy48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    more is definitely not in all cases better... it seems like you'd be overtraining to the extreme if you engage in all of the movements you previously listed

Sorry for this second post but truer words were never spoken. In the world of anaerobic training, less=more.
    Laurie-NASM-ACE-CPT/BS Kinesiology

Every kick in the ass is a step forward

SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nanook::

They will be training on monday and tuesday and thursday... between monday and tuesday isnt alot of time for healing. should i still do one exercise per body part?? or maby do a little spin on the exercises and focus more on one body part??
    I know all the muscles and how they work with exercises so i could focus a little more on one body part, but not much, just so they wont overtrain...
    And hitting there muscles like i should hit a mans... dont girls get faster fatigue then men, so dosnt that require another tempo?
    they are still 17 and dont want to put much heart in it.... with party and stuff.

these girls are real hardcore, we did gymnastics together.
    so even that requires another approach to bodybuilding.

thanks

i don't do all of them in the same work out! i alternate my workouts so i don't get bored.

either i would do ...squats, extentions and step ups

or hacks, presses and lunges

i do deads on back day or if i need an "easy day" i'll take a day and do those extra exercises i mentioned.

overtraining is a mental thing for me. i know my body needs rest, but i also feel if i want to be better than the next girl i need to push myself. it's a fine line for me and i know i tend to cross it more often than not.

hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to use the ab/ad machine, it has healed my ITB syndrome. I also noticed a benefit in my leg shape, but that is probably due to diet and cardio.

They probably will overtrain if, like you said, they don't want to put "heart" into it and like to party. My workouts maybe are a bit too frequent or intense, but they are not overtraining to me because I get enough sleep and have a proper diet. It's also individual. I have genetics that enable me to train hard, and some people don't have the recovery capabilities.
    5'5", 123 lbs., 14% BF

i know that i cant train my women friends like i train my male friends.

But i know now how to train them.

And PT's are overrated.

Nanook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Swetry

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I am no expert by any means but.... what if you did upper body on Monday, lower body on Tuesday, and a full body routine on Thursday? Try that for a while and see how they feel? Ifthey feel alright than maybe they can try the whole body routine all three days. Because it is a 3x15 set up they really souldn't be going to failure quite yet so over training I think shouldn't be too much of a problem. It is get to see that you are concerned with there well being though! Slow and easy is better than overtraining and not getting anywhere!
    I had a quick look on this site under "training" and they have some really good write ups on different splits and ideas for beginners. Have a look and I am sure you will find what you are after.

missmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't be afraid to puch them and use heavy weights. Girls can build up to be very strong, and as a competitior, I know that without pushing myself with some heavy weights - weights that even men would have trouble with, I wouldn't have developed the physique that I have today

the first month i will just se how there body reacts and se what they want out of this.. they maby hate the idea of going to the gym.

I dont want them t hit a wall the first week... i know i did it when i first started going to the gym.

If they do like it, this is going to be fun.

ill try to post some pics of them as they are right now and maby you girls could help me out a little.