austexfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Really gross question

Ok, so after a looooonnnngggg layoff, I'm back on the wagon (i.e. cleaning up the diet), and something weird is happening. To my butt.

After several months (oh, who am I kidding a YEAR) of dirty eating, I started counting macros again, and obviously, trying to get in my 1g/lb of protein. As I am a busy professional lady, I don't have the time or inclination to prepare and eat "real food", so I thought I'd give the Myoplex MRP a try. 2 out of 3 of the days I have had a shake (sometimes even after only HALF a shake-- made with skim milk) I have had seriously unpleasant "bathroom issues". It seems to come and go very quickly, but still, ewwww!

My husband is now referring to me as "Salad Shooter".

Is this an EAS thing, a too-much-too-soon thing, anything? I've heard folks tell similar stories when getting too much protein from shakes alone, but this happening after 1 shake and it's got carbs in it.

Help.

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off, being "professional" is not an excuse to neglect proper nutrition, cooking, and eating real food. Somehow I doubt you are the most busy person on these boards. Regarding your problem, could very well be a lactose intolerance. Try the MRP without milk nexttime. Otherwise, I dunno, perhaps a bad batch of MRP? I avoid the processed crap myself.

PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just take Metamucil...it'll get you back to regularity. It's a bunch of fiber. You're prolly deficient on fiber from all your liquid consumption.

Also, when you got the runs, you're not gathering all the possible nutrients from your food and supplements, so it's important to get that under control from a nutritional standpoint.

Welcome back to the iron game.
    ============================
    ----I wanna be SUPER HERO BIG!----

BODYBUILDING'S TOP FIVE FACTORS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE

1) Attitude - Think big to become big.
    2) Nutrition - You can't build anything without raw materials.
    3) Routine - Work hard, but smart.
    4) Recovery - Muscles grow in bed, not in the gym.
    5) Supplementation - Icing on the cake.

PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh, and I run around a lot in my profession. So I stuff some of the tuna packets and whole grain toast in my briefcase each day. That way I can get in whole food along with the liquid foods.

austexfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

more detail

Ok, I should have known somebody would get too literal on me. I am not lactose intolerant, and 4 out of 6 meals are real food. I just decided to sub the Myoplex for 2 snacks.

Did not mean to imply i am actually that busy. Just busy enough to be a little bit lazy. :-)

psy-whatever: Wouldn't the extra fiber make the problem worse?

Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by austexfit
    Ok, so after a looooonnnngggg layoff, I'm back on the wagon (i.e. cleaning up the diet), and something weird is happening. To my butt.

After several months (oh, who am I kidding a YEAR) of dirty eating, I started counting macros again, and obviously, trying to get in my 1g/lb of protein. As I am a busy professional lady, I don't have the time or inclination to prepare and eat "real food", so I thought I'd give the Myoplex MRP a try. 2 out of 3 of the days I have had a shake (sometimes even after only HALF a shake-- made with skim milk) I have had seriously unpleasant "bathroom issues". It seems to come and go very quickly, but still, ewwww!

My husband is now referring to me as "Salad Shooter".

Is this an EAS thing, a too-much-too-soon thing, anything? I've heard folks tell similar stories when getting too much protein from shakes alone, but this happening after 1 shake and it's got carbs in it.

Help.
    Whoa whoa, everybody knows that women don't go to the bathroom. It's a fact.

Second of all, nobody is too busy to eat right.

Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Signe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally cannot ingest whey at all, for the reasons you just described. I think that some people just have issues with whey. Maybe try a shake with soy and see if you get the same effect? Also, I've heard people complain about different brands so maybe you just need to experiment a bit to see what you can tolerate.
    The question is not who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me?
    -Ayn Rand

Wouldn't the extra fiber make the problem worse?
    Naw, fiber supports regularity. The USDA recommends at least 14 g of fiber a day if I remember correctly. You probably aren't getting your RDA. It works for me.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    psy-whatever: Wouldn't the extra fiber make the problem worse?
    As has been said, the fiber will only help. It's mostly undigestable, though your body tries. That said, in the end (no pun intended), it serves to simply solidify your turds.

Start eating some bran every day, and tell me you don't start seeing foot-long floaters by the end of the week.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zackmurphy
    As has been said, the fiber will only help. It's mostly undigestable, though your body tries. That said, in the end (no pun intended), it serves to simply solidify your turds.

Start eating some bran every day, and tell me you don't start seeing foot-long floaters by the end of the week.
    -eep!
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Melkor
    -eep!
    Just being literal.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just being literal.

-EEP!
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

damn, i wanan be a busy professional lady too

momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PsYoP78
    Naw, fiber supports regularity. The USDA recommends at least 14 g of fiber a day if I remember correctly. You probably aren't getting your RDA. It works for me.
    According to my Fiber One box, 14g is only 57%. I've found it useful to go much higher than that...

Originally Posted by momotheglutton
    According to my Fiber One box, 14g is only 57%. I've found it useful to go much higher than that...
    25g/day is the RDA. That sounds about right for 14g at 57%.

Yeppers...you're right on that. I incorrectly remembered.

SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweTy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    this happened to me to... i was away for a week in greece and when i came back i drank a protein drink,,, 20 sec later it was the bathroom for me...
    if you feel like a warm feeling in your body, like you are getting sick, but soon after you have done your bathroom issues its gone....

lay of with the drinks and hit the gym for a month before you drink another one, that will solve your problem.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol. I get something like 70g a day. I never have problems on the ****ter.

atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What is the bacterium level in your body. If you have been eating like ****, all your good bacterium might be gone? And not being able to digest things.

If you are eating too much potassium all the sudden it might cause problems.

ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What kind of other foods are you eating? I myself have one protein shake a day, not because it's easy, but because that's my sweet treat for the day and I have it right before bed. I have no problem with it though. Try swapping your protein shakes out for other things, like maybe have an apple and a piece of string cheese, or a can of tuna or something else with a good amount of protein and see what kind of effects that has.

Originally Posted by Steve_W
    lol. I get something like 70g a day. I never have problems on the ****ter.
    Nor I, my friend.

Between the black beans, kashi, and oatmeal, I get 35g/day just from those sources, and life is good.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I eat heaps of fruits, veggies and whole grains. Today my fibre count came to 78g. No wonder I need to crap 3-4 times a day..