lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One Armed Dumbell Snatches: How to avoid rotator cuff injury?

What exercises and what can I do with my technique to avoid doing something like this?

Right now if I think I am going to miss the lift I will just drop it or if I am already starting to get under the weight I will grab it with my free arm but neither of these seem to be perfect strategies.

Also what can I do to improve my shoulder flexibility and stability in Olympic lifts in general? My shoulders always seem to take a greater beating than they should in snatches and cleans.

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    your shoulders shouldnt really be doing the lift. they are just there for movement. you should be pulling and then getting under, locking out, and standing up

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ps, that guy got pwned

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Heres a good explanation, Ahem:

Grab a light dumbbell (to get form down), in one hand and stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Keeping your back flat, bend at the hips and knees as if you were in the starting position of a deadlift, and let the hand with the dumbbell hang just below your knees. From there, explosively jump up, extending your entire body so that you come up on your toes. As you rise, pull the weight straight up in front of your body until it reaches the middle of your chest, then tuck your elbow and fling the weight overhead--but don't let go!. It's important to let the momentum generated in your hips move the dumbbell most of the way upward, don't just stand up and do a shoulder press.
    There is no reason to live if you cannot do the deadlift

big fuzzy and tator squat to much..... not

Originally Posted by gobbles View Post

Grab a light dumbbell (to get form down), in one hand and stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Keeping your back flat, bend at the hips and knees as if you were in the starting position of a deadlift, and let the hand with the dumbbell hang just below your knees. From there, explosively jump up, extending your entire body so that you come up on your toes. As you rise, pull the weight straight up in front of your body until it reaches the middle of your chest, then tuck your elbow and fling the weight overhead--but don't let go!. It's important to let the momentum generated in your hips move the dumbbell most of the way upward, don't just stand up and do a shoulder press.
    exactly

rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gobbles View Post

key word being light

lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I've never screwed up as badly as the guy in the video :P But just so I am clear, I shouldn't be feeling the movement at all in my shoulder other than the catch and if my arm isn't straight at the top of my catch - a.k.a. I end up pressing it a little - it means I screwed up and need to get more momentum and lower the weight.

Originally Posted by lanks View Post
    Well I've never screwed up as badly as the guy in the video :P But just so I am clear, I shouldn't be feeling the movement at all in my shoulder other than the catch and if my arm isn't straight at the top of my catch - a.k.a. I end up pressing it a little - it means I screwed up and need to get more momentum and lower the weight.
    right

ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebric will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lanks View Post
    u needa be more explosive and also watch the ego if the weight is to heavy then lower it
    Sig line can't be a novel I was told

Registered User JustinStephan89's Avatar
    JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just start out with these doing very light weights and work your way up very slowy as you really master the fluidness of the movement and even then be carefull . I started doing these with like 20lbs and worked up to 50s for sets of 5 for each arm very very quickly . I no longer do these because i dont have access to dbs at the moment.I feel like this lift really helps to teach you to explode from a very low squat stance and will most likely help you when learing squat snatches as well.
    Powerlifting

ATG S - 370 - 335 x 4
    Bench- 280 - 255 x 3
    Deadlift-460 - 402 x 6
    Total - 1110

Olympic lifting

front squat - 257
    Clean - 242
    squat + Behind the neck jerk - 222
    C + J - 210