Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    makin' women stronger strongwhit's Avatar
    strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question please critque my pic

please give me advice i hate lateral raises will upright rows do the trick thanks for all replies - whits farm
    Attached Images
    - whits farm
    arms: 12.6"
    forearms: 10"
    thighs: 21"
    calves: 14"
    weight: 106 lbs
    sex: woman

max bench:155 lbs 8 reps

Rank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Uh...what?

strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    for my shoulders i hate to do lateral raises so should i do upright rows - whits farm
    - whits farm

Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No. Shoulder presses, Arnold presses, Military presses are all better than upright rows.

By the way, the more you hate an exercise, the more you should learn to love it. If you hate it it's because it's difficult, huh? Well, too bad. The more difficult an exercise is, the more work it's giving you, thus, the more results that work will yield.

Quit whining.

kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd suggest a better picture.

For delts, you can always do dumbell military presses, arnold presses, military presses, smith machine military presses.

Upright rows are OK, but they target more of your rear delt. I don't like 'em cuz they hurt my rotator cuft.

Thumbs up

thanks for the replies but not trying to be rude but don't tell me to quit whining. thanks again - whits farm
    - whits farm

i will try to get a beeter picture of my delts once my webcam works but now that i think about it i may have one - whits farm
    - whits farm

here is part of my delt will post more soon - whits farm
    Attached Images
    - whits farm

kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwyckemynd00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your delt was pretty covered up by your sleeve. All I got was a good tricep pic I'll wait on your new ones.

EDIT: FYI, you may want to keep from saying "webcam" in the Teen section...you may end up with a few hormonally crazy kids harassing you
    Last edited by kwyckemynd00; 10-27-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I didn't mean to sound rude either. My apologies for that.

But you do get my point, right? To get good results you have to work hard and earn every gram of muscle you'll be growing... intense, hard workouts are an integral part of that. Don't look for the easy way out of things. There is no easy way out in bodybuilding.

Thumbs up

yeah totally i apoligize too incase i sounded like a b****, that is a very good theory thoughi will still try to do some lateral raises just not as many as i have been - whits farm
    - whits farm

sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude in your stats you say you have 12 in arms and 10 inch wrists that cant be right. I have 7in wrists and 18 in arms. Your wrists must be freakishly big

Red face

no dude your forearms are higher than your wrists you must have misread it
    - whits farm

Originally Posted by sciff5
    Dude in your stats you say you have 12 in arms and 10 inch wrists that cant be right. I have 7in wrists and 18 in arms. Your wrists must be freakishly big
    lol. Who are you talking about?

If you're talking about the thread starter, she's a chick and I don't see anything about 10" wrists. But yeah, 10" wrists on 12" arms would be freaky

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by strongwhit
    please give me advice i hate lateral raises will upright rows do the trick thanks for all replies - whits farm
    huh Concentrate on overall mass mate...

Location: Runnin' a steel rod right through the middle of everybody's crap...
    AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I suggest clean and jerk, snatch, and overhead presses for shoulder mass.
    Quote of the year (2003):

"Why don't you online ghetto superstars lick 50 cent's balls in the misc section where it belongs? There have been at least 20 threads on him already in just about every section. This is a bodybuilding board so keep your bull**** in its proper place.

Let me translate that so you people will understand:

Oh snap, you be talkin all the shiznit bout 50 cent all up in the bodybuilding house *****s, ya'll best back up into the misc section befo I pull my gat on yo bitch asses. I be tearing 50 cent up any day yo, i'll bite that *****'s arm off wit my platinum teef bling bling." - Tom Swanson

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well i must start off by saying that your arms are relatively toned, above average compared to that of the average female. so you're on your way!

then again, i must emphasize that this "do-what-you-hate-most" thing isn't exactly the right attitude. i mean, i hate it when i catch my chin on the pullup bar when doing pullups. does it mean that i should catch my chin everytime because i hate it, so it's good for me? :P i mean, the only thing it'd good for would be the dentist after i grind all my teeth into dust with every chin-catching stunt i do.

you should try everything, follow the proper form, and be aware of how much weight you can do, and not try to break records every session. if you see an improvement, note it down in a workout journal (you should keep it), and continue to do it if it works for you. listen to your body, that's the thing, i guess.

germanbeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you have to pack on some more mass. squats, bench presses, deadlifts will help you a lot. keep on training!

iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000)
    that's a very good arm for a 15 years old female

sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no dude your forearms are higher than your wrists you must have misread it
    Sorry I was high and drunk when I posted that message. I was celebrating a lil too much after the sox won last night

WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you look alright your shoulders will come out good. just focus on nutrition and training.
    -Military press are a big shoulder builders (you NEED that on your routine)
    -if you do train other bodyparts then the bench press and dips will build your shoulders good
    -Make sure you hit the back of the shoulder with bent over lateral raises. i hate them too but i do them because i want muscle, if it hurts then use less weight

Talking

hey first of all i would like to thank everyone for the replies
    i have been lifting a little since i was six and that was just experimenting with dumbbells but the past few months or so i have begun to get more serious. we have to lift weights at least two times a week at my school. we have to at least squat, bench and do dips but i do way more than that i usually do
    5-10 dips
    db curls
    shoulder presses
    squat
    bench
    wide angle flys
    lat pullls
    seated row
    that is all i can do in a half hour otherwise i would probably do more
    the only thing that sucks is that we have to do a full body training when we are in there which i like doing spilts better
    in the summer i usually do monday: delts and forearms (they are my weakest points)
    tuesday:quads hamstrings
    wednesday: bis tris chest
    thursday:calves
    repeat also i do a little ab training all over the place but not very much i feel they are not totally important since i rarely use them. - whits farm
    - whits farm

Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

15 yo ,Female.

Just concentrate on cardio and light lifting. Go for more of a fitness/figure workout routine and you'll be fine.

WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey first of all i would like to thank everyone for the replies
    i have been lifting a little since i was six and that was just experimenting with dumbbells but the past few months or so i have begun to get more serious. we have to lift weights at least two times a week at my school. we have to at least squat, bench and do dips but i do way more than that i usually do
    5-10 dips
    db curls
    shoulder presses
    squat
    bench
    wide angle flys
    lat pullls
    seated row
    that is all i can do in a half hour otherwise i would probably do more
    the only thing that sucks is that we have to do a full body training when we are in there which i like doing spilts better
    in the summer i usually do monday: delts and forearms (they are my weakest points)
    tuesday:quads hamstrings
    wednesday: bis tris chest
    thursday:calves
    repeat also i do a little ab training all over the place but not very much i feel they are not totally important since i rarely use them. - whits farm
    The split is looking good, try to talking your teacher into letting you doing your own split. and doing abs will be a good idea, from what i understood you don't do them. abs are the stablizers of your whole body, and will help you on alot of big lifts like squats. So on thursday i would do CALVES and ABS

Thumbs up

i am way too short to be a fitness model in my family most of the girls are naturally bigger than the boys but there are exceptions my ma has at least 13-14 inch forearms probably way more and i have only seen her lift a weight once her arms are probably 17 or so inches also and my dad is a normal size but not near as strong as my ma - whits farm
    Last edited by strongwhit; 10-28-2004 at 02:04 PM.
    - whits farm

thanks wesida i do the abs a little but never very much usually some leg raises, crunchies, and an ab wheel - whits farm
    - whits farm

Thumbs up

thanks wesida i do the abs a little but never very much usually some leg raises, crunchies, and an ab wheel - whits farm
    i see, try this split for abs
    Crunches
    leg raises
    abwheel.

if you feel like your abs are/got strong, then add weights to crunches and leg raises. incline situps are a good ab builder too

yeah i tried the incline situps once and that was hard as hell - whits farm
    - whits farm

lol yeah, they are a good strength/muscle builders though. i would add those , i always do them. no pain no gain

thats true how old r u - whits farm
    - whits farm